Metabolic burning upper body purely training workout

Upper body strength training workout that burns calories and keeps your metabolic rate high. Home workout for women and moms.

Who needs a gym? With this upper body strength training workout, you can tone your entire body with a focus on the upper body. Our at home strength training workout will get your heart rate up while building metabolism-boosting muscle. Get your sweat on anytime you want!

upper body jump jump workout circuit purely training 56 home workout

Grab your free weights for this workout as we are going to be building upper body strength, plus get a great cardio in too as we jump squat into the next move.

*disclaimer: make sure to consult with your doctor before trying anything new with your workout routine.

live love lift purely training upper body circuit workout purelytwins

Your metabolism will be revved up for hours after this workout.

The key to weight loss and overall body strength is MUSCLE!!

A few benefits of strength training:

burns calories and keeps your metabolic rate high

strengthens your joints, lowers cholesterol & improves your sleep

teaches you persistence, responsibility & builds self-confidence

Building muscle and losing fat does take time! So you do have to be patient. All the time and effort you put into being consistent with your workouts and keeping a relatively clean diet, you will get there! You will reach your fitness goals.

upper body workout circuit for pregnancy purelytwins workout

Depending on your before and current fitness level this workout can be modified to be safe for pregnancy; check with your doctor.  This workout is great to build upper body strength which is important to hold that cute little baby, right.

Here is your workout breakdown.

Don’t forget to PIN this workout!

purely training upper body workout #56 online workout with purelytwins

purely training upper body workout 56 (click for printable)

We suggest:

B-fits (beginner peeps):  Use bodyweight or light weights. Do 5 jump squats instead of 10. And can do 1-2 rounds instead of 3.
A-fits (advanced peeps): Push yourself with limiting your breaks.  Use moderate weight.  Squat low in the jump squats and really power up. Can do 4 rounds.
FIT moms (pregnancy recommendations) : Go at a slower pace. Follow along with Lori. Do 1 or 2 round if 3 rounds is too much. Use light (or moderate) weights or even bodyweight. Can omit the jump squats and do just squats. Safe for first trimester. For second trimester suggest doing the cross plank pulls doing as side plank pulls.

Get yourself warmed up and come work out with us.

Now you should be feeling strong and confident! Your arms should be on fire!

Don’t you just love the way you feel after a good workout?

Be strong and courageous. Courage counts inspiration purelytwins workout

Be courageous and strong. Your courage is what counts. xo

Do you like lifting weights?

xo

Lori and Michelle

If you’re new to Purely Twins join our tribe and get updates:

Pinterest – purelytwins

Instagram – @purelytwins and @purelytwinsfitness

Snapchat – loriandmichelle

Youtube – purelytwins and pure2rawtwins

Facebook – purelytwins

Please note that affiliate links may pop up on PT occasionally. When you click and purchase we receive a small percentage. This allows us to keep blogging! We greatly appreciate your support!

diastasisblogad

purelyfitlife-blogad

Jojo @ RunFastEatLots April 7, 2014 - 9:28 am

I enjoy lifting weights, though I don’t do it often enough! Gotta work on that upper arm strength. All my power is in my legs, and when I went rock climbing recently, my arms felt so weak!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More April 7, 2014 - 9:34 am

Great workout ladies! I might have to add this into my workouts this week! 🙂

Lisa April 7, 2014 - 10:25 am

I seriously need to try out this workout. Working my upper body is my favorite, and I’ve been seriously slacking on working out. I blame being busy, that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.

georgia April 7, 2014 - 11:55 am

Oh my gosh, turns out Jump jump is the best workout song!! I’m going to do this later and have it blasting in the background, haha!

purelytwins April 7, 2014 - 2:14 pm

wahoo!!

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun April 7, 2014 - 2:00 pm

You always have the best workouts! I need some new upper body workouts so this came just in time! Nothing better than a strength workout that also gets some cardio in too!

purelytwins April 7, 2014 - 2:13 pm

thank you Sara, we love creating fun workout routines 🙂

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast April 7, 2014 - 8:54 pm

I’ve been loving kettle bells lately. Why did I never try them sooner? I’m excited to check out your workout- hoping to use it tomorrow am. 🙂

Pua April 8, 2014 - 1:11 am

Love your workouts! I did your Butt Blaster (#30) yesterday, which is one of my faves, and my booty is feeling it today!

Am April 8, 2014 - 9:02 am

Wow! This looks really fun! I am definitely going to try it out. I am really bad at side planks. I end up falling 9 times out of 10 – it is actually quite funny. I see these are on the elbow – less risk of me falling, lol, but I have had trouble with my elbow hurting when I try those. Is there a certain placement I should have – like directly under shoulder, or more underneath me?
And, I just launched my own blog, if you wanted to check it out 🙂

Meranda@fairytalesandfitness April 9, 2014 - 5:48 pm

I admit my upper body strength is pretty poor. I should do this! How often do you do these sets?

Angelina Sophora May 2, 2014 - 7:37 pm

This looks so much fun! I especially enjoyed how matching you two were, I almost got confused on who’s who! I’m definitely gonna try this out! Thanks for sharing!

purelytwins May 3, 2014 - 7:56 am

Angelina haha we like to keep you guessing 😉 Glad you enjoyed the workout.