Thank you again for all the sweet comments about my story. I can’t stop smiling over here. I will be sharing more about what I ate, supplements I took, and what I did for my workouts during my first trimester here soon. I felt like sharing this recipe today because it’s too good not to share right away. Especially since it has been a very comforting food for me.
One thing you may have noticed from the recent recipes lately here on the blog… they all have been foods that are comforting. Foods that just fill you up and bring back memories. And happen to be some of my pregnancy cravings 😉
Easy homemade gluten-free, yeast-free and egg-free pizza rolls.
These pizza rolls will change your life.
They changed ours.
A fun way to enjoy pizza. All rolled up!
All of us enjoyed them 😉 Baby M approved.
You already know we don’t like to use yeast because we aren’t good with it. Therefore, these pizza rolls are yeast-free. They are ready to be eaten in about 30 minutes.
Even though they don’t contain any yeast they still have a soft moist doughy-like texture. They are easy to work with too!
Pizza as a roll. Yes please.
Here is how we made these amazing gluten-free pizza rolls.
This is a great way to get the kids involved (and adults) by letting them help fill and roll. We kept our pizza rolls basic with just pizza sauce and goat cheese, but feel free to add any toppings you like.
We used a gluten-free flour blend made from arrowroot starch, rice flour and coconut flour. We like a 2:1 ratio for gf blends which most people use. If your blend doesn’t have coconut flour in it, you might need to adjust the liquids. Slowly add in the coconut milk. You might not need it at all. And you may or may not have to add more or less additional arrowroot when rolling. All depends on your batter.
We got the inspiration to make these pizza rolls from our cookie dough cinnamon rolls. You can see more pictures of what the final dough should look like on that post. Since we don’t use an egg in this recipe you will have to use starch to help hold it together.Print
gluten-free egg-free pizza rolls
Easy and healthy gluten-free yeast-free and egg-free pizza roll. A fun way to enjoy pizza all rolled up. Perfect to travel with and make with the whole family. Soft, moist full of flavor rolls!
- 1 medium green/yellow raw plantain ( 6 1/2oz once peeled)
- 1 cup of a gluten-free flour blend (4oz)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil,liquid (2oz, you can use butter if you like)
- 1/2 cup yogurt (4oz)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (2oz)
- and 6–7 tablespoons arrowroot starch to roll in (could use tapioca or cornstarch)
- any tomato or pizza sauce of your liking
- any cheese of your liking (we used goat cheese)
- pizza sauce
- goat cheese (or any cheese you like)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel plantain.
- Place plantain, gluten free flour blend, baking soda, baking powder and sugar into food processor (or Vita-mix blender). Blend a little.
- Next add in coconut oil, yogurt of choice and coconut milk.
- Continue to blend together.
- Batter will be slightly wet and sticky.
- Place batter onto a non-stick surface to roll out. Begin to add in arrowroot starch 1 tablespoon at a time. Really work it in.
- We used about 6-7 tablespoons. You may use more or less depending on your batter.
- Roll out into a thin rectangle shape.
- Add toppings. Add as much pizza sauce and cheese as you like.
- Begin to roll, carefully.
- Once rolled sliced cut into slices. Amount of slices will vary depending on how big you want them to be. We got 8 large slices.
- Makes 8-10 slices.
- Bakes for 30-35 minutes.
- Enjoy warm.
Michelle and I hope you enjoy our version of gluten-free, egg-free, yeast-free pizza rolls!
They are already gone in our house… guess I will need to make more 🙂
Ever had a pizza roll before? Do you like working with yeast?
What would you fill this pizza roll with?
Any fun plans for the weekend?