Do you remember our remake of our egg-free plantain flatbread socca recipe? Since the original one can be a little difficult to get just right, this updated version works out nicely. Great for those who can’t eat eggs but still want to enjoy something bread-like that is grain-free.
There used to be a tostada salad that we would order from the Cheesecake Factory many years ago. Loved that tostada salad. It was piled high of shredded greens, black beans, chips, chicken and an incredible dressing. Dreaming of it right now. We wanted to find a way to make something similar. Of course it’s not an exact replica of it, but just the general idea of it.
Mushroom arugula tostada with 3 ingredient avocado cream on a plantain grain-free flatbread.
We know this Mexican dish “tostada” means “toasted salad.”
We adore the crisp from the tortilla covered in veggies and yummy sauce. Since we don’t really eat much black beans anymore, or any bean that much for stomach issues, we decided to leave them out. But if you like them and your digestion likes them please feel free to add them to this dish.
So our tostada is definitely not the traditional fried corn tortilla but we promise it’s still yummy!
First up you need a delicious sauce.
We made our 3 ingredient avocado cream that we created several years ago. We forgot how easy and tasty that cream is!
Since we cut our plantain flatbread socca into circles we had leftover pieces that we cut into strips to make homemade chips. We just put them back in oven to broil for a few minutes to get a little crispy.
[Tweet “Check out this yummy #cornfree tostada recipe that’s also #grainfree #gf via @purelytwins”]
Cheesy avocado cream with homemade plantain socca chips = amazing.
Simple vegetarian (vegan friendly) dish that can be made up in under 30 minutes.
Easy recipe to spice up with your favorite spices and toppings. Possibilities are endless.
Have fun in the kitchen. We sure did.Print
mushroom arugula grain-free vegetarian tostada with 3 ingredient avocado cream
Healthy homemade baked not fried tostada dish. Vegetarian and vegan friendly. Grain-free plantain flatbread as base with dairy free creamy avocado sauce. Simple dish to make and enjoy.
- One recipe of our plantain flatbread socca
- One recipe of our 3 ingredient avocado sauce
- mushrooms, sliced
- *can use any toppings of your liking
- Make plantain flatbread, follow directions here
- While plantain flatbread is baking, make avocado cream. Follow directions here.
- Set avocado cream aside.
- Gather tostada toppings.
- Slice and saute mushrooms,if desired.
- Once plantain flatbread is done baking, cut into circles. We used a 6 inch circle cake pan as a guide to cut into circles. Makes two 6 inch circles.
- Cut remaining flatbread as chips.
- To make crispy – place both circle tostada pieces and leftover plantain chips into oven to broil for a few minutes. Until desired crispness is achieved. Be careful not to burn.
- Pull out of oven and begin to spread avocado cream on tostada circles.
- Top with mushrooms and arugula. Or any toppings of your liking.
- Enjoy with leftover avocado cream and plantain chips.
- Makes 2 tostadas. Serves 1-2.
Simple, healthy and delicious.
[Tweet “Mushroom arugula tostada with 3 ingredient avocado cream via @purelytwins #grainfree #nutfree”]
Do you like tostadas? What toppings would you add on top?
Do you like black beans? What is your favorite dish from Cheesecake Factory if you eat there?
CONNECT WITH US —> @purelytwins