Plank Bedroom Workout Purely Training #51

Good Morning Purely Fit Friends!

Did you catch any of the Oscars last night? We munched on some chocolate hazelnut cookies while we dreamed of our Oscar dress 🙂 Anyone else dream of being at the Oscars? We thought Ellen did an incredible job! Love Ellen.

Actors and actresses are under a lot of pressure to look a certain way. Right? Well, we bet they probably would love to be able to workout in the privacy of their own bedroom. We think they would enjoy this quick ab workout.

plank

Today we have a fun workout. Actually over the next few Move-it-Mondays we are doing a bedroom workout series.

What do we mean  by “new bedroom workout series”?

First, we are filming the workouts in Michelle’s bedroom, so that will be fun!  haha

Secondly, these workouts are to showcase you CAN workout anywhere!

This workout is great if you live in a small apartment, maybe are a college student living in a dorm or if you happen to travel a lot this would be perfect to do in a hotel room.

10 minute plank workout that will leave your abs sore.

10 minute plank workout purelytwins workout

Honestly we struggled with this workout. It has been many weeks since we have done any type of planking.

Shocking we know. We used to be the planking queens. And after doing this workout, we will be doing them more often! Our abs were sore for a few days.

Having a strong core is the key to all daily movement.

10 minute plank bedroom workout purely training 51

This workout challenges your core perfectly! A little mix of cardio from the plank jacks to 5 challenging ab exercises.

Purely training workout #51 might only be 10 minutes long, but we promise you will be glad it’s no longer than that.  Your abs will be on FIRE the whole time. Really your whole body will be feeling the burn.

Plank jacks are the cardio piece of the workout that will keep your heart rate up, burning more calories. Along with 5 moves that will twist and strengthen your core.

Are you ready to take this 10 minute plank challenge?

Here is the workout breakdown:

10 min plank Purely Training 51-01

10 min plank Purely Training 51 (click for printable)

We suggest:

• A-fits (advanced peeps) :  Push yourself hard in each move. Try to limit your breaks.
  • B-fits (beginner peeps):  Go at a slower speed, take breaks when needed. Follow the modifications we mention in the video. Omit the jumps. Set gymboss timer to 15/15 intervals.

Are you ready to fill the burn? Come and join us in the bedroom 😉

Promise this workout will become your favorite core workout.

Okay maybe not your favorite as it’s a KILLER! We feel it’s a great way to challenge your abs.

plank knee to elbow

Do you like planks? Do you like working your core? What is your favorite plank or ab exercise?

Remember to check in with the #purelytwins community and let us know how your abs are on fire after this workout!  And to our purely fit club members get ready to see us struggle but push through in this workout later this week with you.

#bepurelyyou

blog signature

PS. If you like this workout and want the full length workout video to do it with us join our purely fit life club today to start!  Your time is now to commit to be FIT! Move with passion.

Jojo @ RunFastEatLots March 3, 2014 - 10:52 am

I haven’t done much core work lately, and I need to work on that. I do some similar plank moves, and they really are killer!

the delicate place (@misathemeb) March 3, 2014 - 12:11 pm

ohhhh i need this one! it’s been a while for me too with the planks(think december?!) i did a few hotel room workouts when i didn’t have access to a gym when we were traveling. i love being able to just do my thing quickly and get it done for the day in the privacy of a room!

purelytwins March 3, 2014 - 4:56 pm

Yes quick workouts are the best!

Lisa March 3, 2014 - 12:18 pm

I adore Ellen too, she was kind of the only reason I watched the Oscars.
I’ve been totally slacking on my planking, this looks like a good one!

purelytwins March 3, 2014 - 4:39 pm

Lisa same here! Love Ellen.

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables March 3, 2014 - 1:17 pm

I love that your workouts can be done literally anywhere! I can’t always make it to the gym, but knowing I can sweat in my living room is a good option 🙂 I just did some power yoga on my living room floor! haha

Taylor@ LIftingRevolution March 3, 2014 - 1:52 pm

Looks awesome! I haven’t planked in a while either, so it will be fun to give it a go!
Thanks!

purelytwins March 3, 2014 - 5:00 pm

Taylor glad we are not the only ones who have been slacking in the plank area

Becky@TheSavedRunner March 3, 2014 - 4:54 pm

I can’t wait to try this! I love plank variations, and I love it’s only 10 minutes!

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables March 3, 2014 - 8:41 pm

I totally need this workout!! I will be doing it tomorrow for sure! I’m so excited about the “bedroom” workouts!

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves March 3, 2014 - 8:46 pm

Ooo this looks killer! I still have trouble with your 5 min plank workout from a while back! I’m gonna have to work hard to get through this one. 🙂

carla March 4, 2014 - 7:50 am

ahhh I was just texting with a friend yesterday how BADLY I need to get back to planking.

so badly.

a lot lot.

Cara's Healthy Cravings March 4, 2014 - 7:55 am

I like that you included plank jacks, but I do sort of hate them 😉

Linz @ Itz Linz March 4, 2014 - 8:03 am

you girls come up with the best workouts! and i love the collages that you put together to show all moves in one graphic!

Am March 4, 2014 - 7:46 pm

Ooh! I love your plank-based workouts!! Thanks, this looks fun 🙂

A. March 4, 2014 - 8:45 pm

I did you workout this morning and it was great! Good job on putting it together. My abs were ready to be done right from the start! : ) I appreciate the creativity put into your workouts – keep it up!

Walkfit Platinum March 5, 2014 - 2:51 am

I haven’t see that kind of workout before. It definitely looks tiring. 10 minutes might be just a tad long though. Maybe just until I get tired. 🙂

Fascinating Friday Links #27 | Daily Moves and Grooves March 7, 2014 - 3:06 pm

[…] it out!] Knock ‘Em Down, Build ‘Em Up Workout via Carrots n Cake + Plank Bedroom Workout via Purely Twins + Glutes and Gams Workout via The Healthy […]

well, hello monday… | March 10, 2014 - 8:32 am