How to have positive body image so you can do more in life

Happy Thursday luv! Time for another Purely Talk 🙂

Not sure if you’ve been seeing the Today Show Love your Selfie segments this week? But we are loving them as they are making us think about ourselves differently. Realizing that we have our imperfections. Things we don’t really love about our bodies, but also realizing that we do love our bodies. We love what our bodies allow us to do everyday.  As women we need to stand together more and say no more body comparing. No more negative self body image thoughts. Time to embrace everything about our individual bodies! Harder said than done, we know. It will be a personal challenge for us too.

Each day we try to inspire ourselves to continue to inspire others to be the best versions of themselves everyday.

how to have positive body image so you can do more in life purelytwins

Nowadays it seems more and more people are looking at their bodies wanting to “fix” something. Always looking to improve this or that.

Do you catch yourself immediately focusing on your perceived flaws?

It’s ok if you do. We all do. We catch ourselves doing it.

But we are here to help stop you (and us) from thinking like that towards our bodies.  Sure we can put the blame on the news/media or social media, or whatever. But honestly until we all start having that positive self-talk with ourselves things aren’t going to change much.

CLICK TO TWEET — Learn how to have better body image self talks with yourself via @purelytwins #loveyourbody #loveyourselfie

purelytalk logo

Are you ready to start replacing “can’t,” “not good enough,” “ugly,” and “imperfect” with “I can,” “I will,” “I’m powerful,” “I’m beautiful.”

And having that self-talk is where it all starts.

Have positive body image. The negativity needs to stop.  Again, easier said than done, we know.

break the cycle of negative self image

Over time we’ve become BIG believers in that whatever you focus on is where YOUR energy is going to go.

Whatever you focus on is where your energy is going to go!

Let us explain.

If you only see yourself failing or see yourself not being able to complete a workout then your mind will start to believe that. Then all your energy will go towards that negative thought.  Instead what we want to do is focus ALL our energy in seeing ourselves winning or seeing ourselves completing that workout with power and confidence.

love laugh be you

Once you start having that positive self-talk and positive body image with yourself you will be amazed how much you will be able to do in life. In all parts of life.

And through you inspiring yourself to be more positive and stop those negative thoughts you will start to INSPIRE others.

And that is what we want for our purely fit team.

believe in yourself so strongly that the world cant help but to believe in you too

Tips on how to have more positive self-talk with body image.

• find your inspiration. find what drives you.
  • always find a positive in every situation
  • tell yourself every morning and night –> I am beautiful. I am strong. I am loving. I can do anything I set my mind to. I am going to succeed.
  • before each workout have a positive goal for yourself – instead of thinking of calories you are burning think about what that you just did 10 push-ups without stopping. Or you were able to complete the whole workout.
  • tell yourself one compliment every time you look into a mirror
  • surround yourself with those that inspire and believe in you
  • know your talents and be proud of them

If you’re ready to continue to grow your positive body image with yourself, begin your transformation by clicking here to start your journey to a healthier more positive body image with us as your biggest supporters!

you is kind. you is smart. you is imporant.

Love yourself for being you, your flaws and all as they are what make you beautiful.

improving body image

If you’re new to Purely Twins join our tribe and get updates:

Pinterest – purelytwins

Instagram – @purelytwins and @purelytwinsfitness

Snapchat – loriandmichelle

Youtube – purelytwins and pure2rawtwins

Facebook – purelytwins

Please note that affiliate links may pop up on PT occasionally. When you click and purchase we receive a small percentage. This allows us to keep blogging! We greatly appreciate your support!

eatlifead

purelyfitlife-blogad

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun February 27, 2014 - 10:04 am

Thank you for this post today girls! It really spoke to me and I think is SO SO important! I think as women we have all struggled with this sometimes worse than others. I needed this this week for sure!

Jojo @ RunFastEatLots February 27, 2014 - 10:18 am

I try to focus on what my body can DO, not how it LOOKS. I try to appreciate the fact that I have a healthy body that can do the things I love (running and cycling!) I try to remind myself to never take it for granted, and be thankful for my abilities.

Cara's Healthy Cravings February 27, 2014 - 10:19 am

Wise words ladies!
I think we can all use this as an ongoing reminder, to encourage ourselves and others.

Nicole February 27, 2014 - 10:27 am

On point again with your posts! Definitely needed to read this today 🙂

purelytwins February 27, 2014 - 10:50 am

glad to help Nicole 🙂 HUGS

Caitlin February 27, 2014 - 10:46 am

i love you guys. you’re the best!

purelytwins February 27, 2014 - 10:52 am

aww thanks Caitlin! xoxo

Emily February 27, 2014 - 11:57 am

The story I always remember is from about five years ago. I was on a run in my neighborhood, struggling with negative self-talk, and a “fat and ugly attack” as Charlotte Hilton-Andersen calls them (love her and you guys). I was running and just beating myself up with the talk in my head. “you’re going so slow.” “people are laughing at you.” “you look ridiculous and you’re so out of shape.” etc, etc. I ran past a neighbor sitting on his porch. He said hi and cheerfully said, “I wish I could be out there doing that!” One of his legs was amputated below the knee. This totally snapped me out of the negative attitude and into the beginnings of gratitude and recognition for my health, vitality, and everything my body allows me to do- it is a PRIVILEGE to be able to run, to breathe fresh air, to sweat and feel good. I think about my neighbor every time I have a fat and ugly attack to try to get back to that place of positivity and grace for what I have: a healthy, strong, vital body that deserves love and care, and nothing else.

purelytwins February 27, 2014 - 12:12 pm

Emily thank you so much for sharing your story! True inspiration!!! xoxo

Linz @ Itz Linz February 27, 2014 - 4:55 pm

LOVE everything about this! wise, wise ladies that we can all learn so much from! THANK YOU! xo

lindsay February 27, 2014 - 5:21 pm

i love you two more for this! your inspiration has evolved into a job that brings you joy each day. and self love! thank YOU! Keep inspiring us!

purelytwins February 27, 2014 - 7:50 pm

xoxo thanks girl!!!

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables February 27, 2014 - 8:15 pm

You girls are so wise and extremely inspiring! thank you for this! xoxo

Meg @ A Dash of Meg February 27, 2014 - 10:41 pm

beautiful beautiful post!!!!! you know i am all about positive body image so i love this so much sisters

Danielle February 28, 2014 - 8:40 am

It’s so difficult to be kind to yourself, but so very worth it. After all, we all deserve to be happy in every moment and this is one step closer! xx

Lindsay March 1, 2014 - 1:38 pm

Great message…I try to remind myself of this as I’ve been trying to overcome disordered eating/body image for quite some time. It’s a nice reminder…thank you : )

purelytwins March 1, 2014 - 5:50 pm

Lindsay glad it helped 😉

well, hello monday… | March 3, 2014 - 9:07 am

[…] on loving your body: tell yourself one compliment every time you look into a mirror. […]

Brooke March 13, 2014 - 10:25 am

I loved this purely talk episode. I especially loved the part about saying something nice to yourself morning AND night. I’m pretty used to the morning thing where I smile in the mirror and say nice things and get myself pumped for the day, but I never thought to do it at night. I bet it would help me sleep better too once I reflect on the day and let those thoughts go. Thanks for the inspiration and everything you both do!