Between cookie dough and chocolate mint it’s hard to say which is our true favorite. As we really love both! For us, it’s hard to go wrong with either.
Now we have been pondering about making a chocolate mint bread pudding, but that might be pushing it. Then again…maybe not. We think having chocolate and mint for breakfast would be delicious. So we went with cookie dough bread pudding. And we’re not complaining. Since our cookie dough cinnamon rolls were such a hit we knew this idea would be too!
Oh friends do we have an exquisite recipe for you that’s perfect to serve up for brunch. Or anytime of the day.
Cookie dough banana bread protein donut bread pudding.
Yes you heard us correctly… cookie dough banana bread pudding!
If you’re a bread pudding fan and/or a cookie dough fan get ready because this recipe was made for you. It was hard for us to share this yummy bread pudding as we wanted it all to ourselves. But since we love you so much we decided to share it 😉
Our older sister adores bread pudding.
So next time we are home we will have to make this for her.
We think she will approve!
Top the cookie dough bread pudding with even more raw cookies and maple syrup.
Oh dear… pure bliss. We are getting excited again just thinking about how amazing this tasted!
We used our raw chocolate chip cookies from our cookbook. We used really fine coconut flakes to make it a denser cookie.
You could use our cake batter dough balls as another great option. Instead of sprinkles just use cacao nibs or chocolate chips.
And a few weeks ago we made our protein banana donuts and omitted the frosting. As we were enjoying the donuts… it occurred to us they taste just like banana bread!! A light went off in our heads. We knew they would be the perfect ‘bread’ base for our bread pudding to make banana bread pudding! Brilliant.
For the creamy filling we looked at our fig plantain bread pudding for inspiration.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, low-sugar protein packed cookie dough banana bread donut bread pudding.
Ready for the recipe? Bet you are! We are excited to make this again here soon!Print
cookie dough banana bread protein donut bread pudding
Protein packed bread pudding for brunch. A sweet, soft, rich cookie dough banana bread protein donut bread pudding. Gluten-free, grain-free (depending what protein powder you use), dairy-free and soy-free. A healthy banana bread pudding recipe.
- one recipe of our banana bread protein donuts just don’t do the pecan frosting
- One recipe of raw cookie dough from our purely classic cookbook or follow our cake batter dough balls omit sprinkles and do chocolate chips.
- Need about a good 1/2 cup of cookie dough crumbs to sprinkle in the filling.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup of coconut milk (we use canned coconut milk)
- First make our banana bread protein donuts.
- Let cool.
- Make raw cookie dough from our purely classic cookbook or follow our cake batter dough balls omit sprinkles and do chocolate chips.
- You can use as much or as little cookie dough as you would like in the filling.
- Once donuts are made and have cookie dough ready begin to mix everything together.
- In a large bowl, place the 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 cup of coconut milk. Mix together.
- Next add in cookie dough crumbles.
- End with adding in banana protein donuts. We cut our donuts into pieces.
- Pour the whole batter into a glass circle dish or cake pan. We used a cake pan as we wanted a circle look to our bread pudding.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 25-35 minutes. Or until firm to the touch.
- Enjoy warm with maple syrup and more sprinkles of cookie dough on top.
Something about warm bread pudding that is just so yummy. And with the addition of cookie dough and banana bread flavor makes it extraordinary dish.
[Tweet “#gf protein cookie dough banana bread donuts bread pudding via @purelytwins”]
Do we have you a cookie dough fan? Or are you still a chocolate mint fan? Do you like bread puddings?