natural hair care routine

Howdy friends,

Ever since we got our hair cut last week we have received a few comments about our hair. More specifically what hair products we use. See updated hair post here

Our natural hair care routine.

natural hair care routine and products

In today’s vlog we take you into our shower (well Lori’s shower) to show you what we use.  Oh and don’t worry we are not naked!

michelle-hair

We both have naturally thick hair!

lori-hair

We both have suffered from dry, sometimes itchy scalp.

And we have finally found relief.

Just like with our diet and skin care, we keep things fairly simple. We have tried the no-poo method  and it just did not work for us.

natural hair care products

We are loving Morrocco Method shampoos and DHS zinc shampoo. *We no longer use these products. They were good and did great though!

hair products and oils

We love Dr. Bronners ! We have no affiliation with any of these companies. We hope maybe one will work for your hair!

Okay enough about hair.

Hope you have a wonderful Saturday luvs!  And thank you ALL so much for the love and support this past week. We love you all so much. You bring such happiness into our lives. You all inspire us each day to keep going. To keep working hard. So thank you for the continued love and sharing our information and specials with your friends. Really means so much to us.  Thanks.

#bepurelyyou

blog signature

Jojo @ RunFastEatLots February 15, 2014 - 10:05 am

Your hair looks so healthy and shiny! I have really thick hair, too, and I’m planning on putting red henna in it. I heard that it makes hair feel really soft

Jojo @ RunFastEatLots February 15, 2014 - 10:06 am

Caitlin February 16, 2014 - 9:14 am

another great vlog, girls! i always think about how gorgeous your hair always looks, so it was great seeing your routine. i also love that tip about curling long hair by twisting it up- i will absolutely be giving that a try soon! thanks for the ideas, girls!

Kiersten February 17, 2014 - 2:07 pm

I started using the Morrocco Methods shampoo too a couple of months ago now and my hair has been really funky. Like it looks greasy even right after I shower at the scalp but then is dry and straw like at the ends…it’s hard to explain. I’ve done my research and I think we may have a hard water issue and maybe I’m still adjusting to the natural hair products. Did you girls go through an adjustment period when you switched to more natural products?

purelytwins February 17, 2014 - 10:52 pm

Kiersten, oh yes a big change in hair as we adjusted to natural. Just give your hair sometime. We sometimes would mix in regular shampoo in with the natural a few times a week as we weaned off it slowly.

Danielle Capps February 17, 2014 - 3:28 pm

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the tips, I have recently tried the Morccan Method, I did it for a month and half and my hair was always greasy after washing and it made my scalp super dry. I tried talking to the company and they suggested only shampooing once, and using none of their conditioner. How long did it take your hair to transition using the Morccan Method?

Thanks!

purelytwins February 17, 2014 - 10:53 pm

Danielle well we still feel our hair is still adjusting, one reason we still do a combo with the zinc shampoo.

Heather @ Better With Veggies February 18, 2014 - 2:04 pm

I’m still in search of the best hair care products, since I try to go more organic/natural, so I love reading your recommendations. Thanks!

purelytwins February 18, 2014 - 9:59 pm

thanks Heather, we are always trying new ones.

hair tips | Welcome to beautytipsforgirls.in February 18, 2014 - 9:28 pm

[…] natural hair care routine | purelytwins http://purelytwins.com/Howdy friends,. Ever since we got our hair cut last week we have received a few comments about our hair. More specifically what hair products we use. Our natural hair care routine. natural hair care routine and products. […]

Noemi February 20, 2014 - 10:02 am

thank you for the tips your girls are awesome!!

Elise Miller March 1, 2014 - 11:35 am

Heard a lot of great effects of apple cider vinegar on hair. Definitely would add this to my routine! By the way, I love that you use natural products. Most other blogs just introduces me to other mixed of chemicals LOL!

Juila March 5, 2014 - 4:52 pm

This is a great article, thanks for the tips. I love using natural products on my hair but have never tried ACV. I am always worried about the long term effects of harsh chemicals.

Kelly March 25, 2014 - 5:01 pm

Thanks for the great tips, ladies. Your hair looks Amazing!!! I’m glad you love the Morocco Method shampoos as much as I do. I first came across this shampoo after watching this 5 Elements Morocco Method Shampoo video. I really love the Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo and the cleansing feeling that I get from using it. It certainly does take a little getting used to when you switch over to more natural, raw, vegan type shampoo products, But in the end, it worth it, especially when your protecting your hair and health from using other chemical laced shampoos.

Jean March 29, 2014 - 3:46 pm

I too have naturally thick, black hair. Also still suffering from dry, scaly and itchy scalp. I cut down wheat and gluten in my diet because of my intolerance, but it still didn’t help with the dry scalp. It is embarrassing. Thank you for this blog post, I will try these shampoos. Who knows, maybe it’ll work on me too. Again, thank you. Will keep you both posted. Have a great weekend! 🙂

RuthDeaton May 2, 2015 - 4:47 pm

Thanks for the info! I was curious as to if either of you have tried doing a “coconut oil treatment”? I’ve seen some DIY blog posts for coconut oil + honey mixes to apply to your hair before showering. Thought to ask the coconut oil experts before I tried it out 😉

purelytwins May 2, 2015 - 9:09 pm

We have not used coconut oil in our hair just as face wash and lotion.