Happy Friday luvs!!
Last week it was all about no flour chocolate beet brownies.
Now we are ending this amazing week with cupcakes! Chocolate cupcakes!
Grain-free chocolate cupcakes with cashew banana frosting.
We love our cupcakes.
Love how cute they look and how they are already the perfect serving size.
It’s funny how much we love cupcakes though we don’t really make them that often. This is the second chocolate cupcake we’ve shared; our first was our chocolate peanut butter ones. We laugh how we say we love them but don’t make them all the time. Guess we just have so many other yummy desserts we want to make 😉
Cupcake love for sure.
Our niece loves her cupcakes too. The main reason she really knows about cupcakes is from going to friends’ birthday parties. As every time she went to one she got a cupcake. So now she always thinks of birthdays as having cupcakes.
Though the cupcakes she is used to, and the ones we ate as kids, were full of sugar and no real flavor.
Our tastebuds have changed over the years. Now we like less sweet cupcakes and more flavor.
And that is exactly what this cupcake is and more!
To make the frosting in a heart shaped we used a cookie cutter to use as our guide. Pure genius.
So fancy too.
Grain-free, nut-free, dairy-free, soy-free and gluten-free chocolate cupcakes.
For the frosting we used cashews as the base and added in some beet juice to help give a pink color for another Valentine’s Day recipe. WE added in a banana for some sweetness with a touch of maple syrup. So good!
Again what is it about cupcakes that are just so darn cute?!
Now these are cupcakes we can see ourselves making time after time. They have a nice soft crumb, not too sweet, and full of flavor. We used pumpkin seed flour (from grinding whole pumpkin seeds into a meal like texture) in our cupcakes but you probably can use any flour of your liking. We just wanted to keep it grain-free and nut-free. Plus we just really like pumpkin seeds to use as flour.
grain-free chocolate cupcakes with cashew banana frosting
Grain-free and nut-free chocolate cupcakes with a naturally sweetened frosting made from cashews and banana. Perfect amount of sweetness with a soft crumb.
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seed flour (1oz)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch (1oz)
- 1/4 cup chia seed flour (1oz)
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao ( 1 1/2oz)
- 1 teaspoon baking power
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (2 1/2oz)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (4oz)
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons beet juice (optional if you want a pink color)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or few drops stevia)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl place dry ingredients into bowl and mix together. Then add wet ingredients. Stir together. Batter will be thick, yet runny. Scoop into cupcake liners.
- Bake for about 16-20 minutes.
- First soak cashews for about one hour. And rinse them well.
- Then place cashews into a blender, add in banana, maple syrup and beet juice if using to make pink
- Begin to blend.
- Once cupcakes are cool, swipe frosting over cupcakes! And if you want to make heart shaped hearts on your cupcakes, again we used a heart shaped cookie cutter to be our guide. Just place cookie cutter on cupcakes and fill with frosting.
- This frosting is on the thin yet thick side. So a little delicate.
- Store cupcakes in refrigerator and remove to bring to room temperature before eating.
- Makes 9 cupcakes!
Healthy grainfree chocolate cupcakes with cashew banana frosting for Valentine’s Day!
Are you a cupcake fan? Chocolate or vanilla? Do you notice your tastebuds changing as you get older?