Crazy weather around here lately. And we know some of you are about to get hit with more snow (our thoughts are with you). Cheers to more hot cocoa 🙂 Monday we had sunny warm weather and yesterday it was cold and rainy. Boo. So we went on a nice long walk on Monday to enjoy it as we knew the rest of the week was back to winter-like weather.
Luckily we’ve got some yummy Valentine inspire heart shape cookies to keep us happy 😉 Oops guess we should have went with more of a hot, right out of the oven ooey go0ey recipe. Instead, you get cookies. Wait. Cookie sandwiches. Even better.
Heart shaped coconut flour cookie sandwiches that are gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and soy-free.
We got this idea from our soft coconut flour chocolate chip cookies, as we love soft cookies. We are not hard, crispy cookie girls.
And of course we wanted to keep it as ‘natural’ as possible so we used beets to provide a red color to the cookies.
When making this batter we were super excited because the color was so pretty. A soft pink in a way. Awesome.
But as soon as they baked they lost some of that pink hue. Boo.
They still taste AMAZING. Good.
Even more amazing with chocolate avocado filling in the middle. Delicious.
So if you happen to have extra beet juice sitting around, perhaps after making these beet cream cakes, these cookies would be a perfect way to get that off your hands.
We love cookies. Especially soft cookies. We love chocolate. Especially chocolate filled cookies.
All of our cold weather problems are solved!
Another great cookie recipe would be our plantain sugar cookies, if you happen to have plantains lying around. Just sayin’.
Another yummy Valentine’s Day inspired recipe.Print
grain-free heart shaped coconut flour cookie sandwiches
Heart shaped grain-free gluten-free dairy-free soy-free soft coconut flour cookie sandwiches. A great Valentine’s Day treat. Store in freezer for longer shelf life.
- we followed this soft coconut flour cookie recipe
- just omit chocolate chips (you can can keep them if you want)
- and instead of water we did 3- 4 tablespoon beet juice
- We used our avocado frosting from our purely classic cookbook
- *pretty much blend avocado or can use cashews with some raw cacao and sweetener of choice
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, place all your dry ingredients. Stir.
- Next add in softened coconut butter, coconut oil and eggs (or flax gel – 3 tbsp flax meal with 6 tbsp water, let sit for 10 minutes)
- End with adding in beet juice.
- Keep stirring until you get the batter to start holding together. You want it to be on the thick side.
- Scoop onto cookie sheets. And press down. Since the batter is a little thick we were able to roll out very carefully and cut into heart shapes using a heart shaped cookie cutter.
- We got about 20-21 cookies, all depends on your size scooper.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes in oven.
- Cool before removing from cookie sheets.
- As cookies cook make avocado frosting from our purely classic cookbook or you can use any chocolate filling or ice cream of choice.
Happy heart shape cookie making 🙂
Do you like cookie sandwiches?