weekly sparks

weeklysparks

Sparks from our week:

jax watching us workoutJax watching Gary work out as I stretch. Our morning routine.

avocado sardines with roasted carrots

We’ve been loving tri colored carrots lately. We just cut into fries, coat in coconut oil and roast in oven until tender. So good. We love our root veggies.

single serving chocolate cake

Enjoyed our single serving chocolate protein fudge cake! Definitely looking forward to making this again.

grain free plantain paleo waffles with yogurt

Enjoyed a delicious plantain waffle with sheep yogurt. Just took our basic plantain bread and added in some coconut flour and baking soda. Simple and delicious. Treated ourselves to some sheep yogurt from Whole Foods.

raw chocolate macaroon

Still enjoying some raw chocolate macaroons (recipe in purely classic cookbook)

window blinds

Gary and I finally got new window blinds for our windows in our home. Definitely helps make the house feel more current and fresh.  Love them.

sauted veggies with avocado and salmon for dinner

Saturday night we enjoyed some baked salmon, avocado and a delicious blend of veggies ( roasted carrots, shredded cabbage and brussel sprouts, and parsnips).

don't be so hard on yourself. no one is perfect. keep trying new things.

Focus of this past week — realizing that no one is perfect. And to see greatness all around us and never stop trying new things.

purely fit life home workouts

Filmed a fun new workout with a new move in it that we are loving — our plank squat into knee to elbow.

Purely Fit Life and Purely Twins Community shout outs:

plantain recipes

plantian bread recipes

Love seeing all this plantain love!! xoxo

Comments of the week:

more comment

Haha yes GiGi 🙂

comment love

So happy you enjoyed our single serving cake Emma!

Being featured on PowerCakes – Women in Business   -thanks girl for highlight our company

Best-Chia-Seed-Recipes

And being featured in Fit Sugar’s 10 best chia seed recipes for weight loss.

What sparked your interest? Leave a link below to your top blog post of the week!

#bepurelyyou

blog signature

Meg @ A Dash of Meg February 2, 2014 - 9:42 am

oooooo love allllllll of the meals shown here! i love my root veg too and WOW those waffles look perfect – i love sheep yogurt too

Katie February 2, 2014 - 10:49 am

Thanks so much for your congrats on our new little man! Hope you girls are having a good weekend! xoxo

Erica February 2, 2014 - 12:09 pm

Those waffles look fantastic! And I definitely require a routine to successfully work from home too!!

Lindsay February 2, 2014 - 1:18 pm

Oh jax!! Love him and love that Gigi lmao

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 2, 2014 - 2:56 pm

Thanks for including my link, ladies!! <3 <3
I love how Jax is just chilling!

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast February 2, 2014 - 4:20 pm

Thanks so much for sharing my post! And now I’m drooling over all your yummy goodies… yum!

Cara's Healthy Cravings February 2, 2014 - 7:36 pm

Love roasted roots! It brings out a lovely sweetness in all veg.

And congrats on your Chia feature, that’s great! Though it does not surprise me, you ladies are so creative in the kitchen! I love your recipes!

Judy February 3, 2014 - 12:19 pm

Your link on this post does work…….

Irving February 10, 2014 - 1:34 am

Lori and Michelle,
Once again another great write up! I enjoyed your previous post “our-life-lessons-to-take-with-us-into-2014”. This time though you’re going to make me FAT! (LOL, just kidding)! But seriously, these items look great, especially the pumpkin plantain bread! A great treat after a long run! Thank you for your post, I really enjoyed it!