10 yoga individuals to follow

Hello friends!

Now that we have you working your booty... it’s time to slow down some to get inspired through yoga.

Yoga is something we still have to practice. We don’t do it daily. Although we wish we would!

We honestly love it, but for some reason cannot “make time” to practice it. Again we wish we would.

Besides us lacking in actually practicing more yoga, we surround ourselves with others that inspire us.

Inspire us to DO YOGA!

Here are 10 yoga instructors (individuals) that move us in a way to want to do more yoga that you should follow:

the 10 best yoga people to follow

tara stiles

Tara Stiles  –> we both have her collection of DVDS! And love watching her short youtube videos. We really love her style. So inspiring on so many different levels.

steve ross

Steve Ross –> we got into his yoga about 5 years ago and loved him immediately. Actually his style is what sparked our interest in doing more yoga. We did our best to do the Inhale series with Steve Ross on Oxygen most mornings years ago. We remember waking up before the sun got up and moved the body with Steve. Oh boy, was it hard sometimes.  Miss it. Looking at his site looks like he might be coming back!

travis

Travis Eliot –> our newest yoga inspiration that we just admire. We both have his short and sweet yoga dvds and absolutely love them! Our goal is to do them more regularly. A work in progress goal.

heather pace

Heather Pace –>  a dear friend of ours that we have gotten to know through blogging. And not only does she make amazing raw desserts but is a huge yoga inspiration for us! We cannot say enough about Heather. One day we hope she does her own yoga thing 😉 and we would be there every step of the way supporting her.

Our Instagram yogi peeps that inspire us:

yoga girl

Yoga Girl

laura

Laura Sykora

bex life

BexLife

mesh yoga

MeshYoga

yoga loving

yogalovingpsy

Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 8.10.25 AM

yoga_sarah

We adore each one of these ladies. Each one does yoga so gracefully.  Each one of these yoginis have such flexibility that’s truly unbelievable!

There’s something about looking at these inspiring individuals that is so moving. Maybe one day we will be able to do yoga as well as them 🙂

We also get a lot of yoga inspiration from pinterest.

Do you have a yoga instructor that inspires you?  Share your purely thoughts below as we love finding new yoga people to motivate us to do more yoga.

#bepurelyyou

blog signature

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun January 14, 2014 - 9:16 am

I really need to get back into yoga. I used to do it a couple times a week but once things got busy I ended up backing off…it is such a great tool!

purelytwins January 14, 2014 - 9:22 am

same here Sara!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 14, 2014 - 9:28 am

I HIGHLY recommend following Gigi Yogini! She was my yoga instructor while I was living in LA. She’s not only an amazing instructor but an amazing human being! She’s all about embracing our bodies, no matter their size and loving ourselves. LOVE her!

purelytwins January 14, 2014 - 9:38 am

thanks Katie for sharing, we will look up Gigi Yogini for more inspiration. thanks!

Abby January 14, 2014 - 9:48 am

I was feeling the itch to do some yoga today (I ALWAYS do on my rest/recovery days, but rarely make time for it). You should check out Erin Motz too.

purelytwins January 14, 2014 - 11:32 am

thanks Abby we will check Erin out!

Caitlyn@BareBalance January 14, 2014 - 12:12 pm

Sadie Nardini! She is from Brooklyn and is absolutely amazing. She used yoga when she was told she would never walk again.

purelytwins January 14, 2014 - 2:21 pm

love it! love hearing stories like that, we will check her out! thanks Caitlyn

Caitlyn@BareandBalanced January 14, 2014 - 2:30 pm

Tell me what you think!!

Brooke January 14, 2014 - 2:32 pm

I love all those inspirations…especially Heather. Found her based on her raw desserts, but her yoga is phenomenal!

I love yoga so much, but I find it hard to “make time” as well. I kinda wish every school and work day started with yoga before you could sit at your desk/computer and then another short session at lunch. I bet we would all be less stressed and more productive 🙂

Heather @ Better With Veggies January 14, 2014 - 2:43 pm

I realized recently that I miss yoga, but I just don’t have room in my schedule right now. Too much fun, too little time. 🙂

purelytwins January 14, 2014 - 3:07 pm

yep!

Heathy January 14, 2014 - 3:31 pm

I heart you girls. Thanks for including me 🙂 I hope we can do yoga together one day!!! xoxo

purelytwins January 14, 2014 - 3:52 pm

love ya girl!! yes that would be awesome!!

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves January 14, 2014 - 4:11 pm

Laura Sykora is also a favorite of mine! Shauna Harrison (@shauna_harrison) also has great videos and pictures of her yoga flows on Instagram.
Seeing yogis on social media always makes me want to get my flow on!

purelytwins January 14, 2014 - 6:13 pm

Thanks Alison we will have to check out Shauna!

Ashley @ Freckles & Spice January 14, 2014 - 8:32 pm

I love Tara! She is soo nice in person and welcoming. I used to do the social media for her studio in NYC. She got me to really love yoga.

Kyle Miller, Heidi Kristopher, and the sisters of stanton street yoga are really great too.

Cathy January 15, 2014 - 12:08 am

You forgot Kathryn Budig!

Lydia January 15, 2014 - 10:08 am

Gypsetgoddess ( instagram) is amazing!

purelytwins January 15, 2014 - 10:41 am

thanks Lydia!

Bridget January 15, 2014 - 2:07 pm

Thanks for this! I love finding new ppl to follow. I just added Heather to my bloglovin feed.

Also, why isn’t Kathryn Budig on this list. That girl is my fav!

Yoga Fitness Flow Review January 24, 2014 - 5:34 am

Thanks for this amazing post. Yoga poses can be extremely beneficial. Yoga is best way to de-stress. Also yoga can help enhance your sex drive.

Kelly @ Cupcake Kelly's January 30, 2014 - 8:45 pm

Yoga Jake (yogajake.net) is definitely my favorite, but I love Tara!