Happy Thursday luvs! You know what day it is — Purely Talk.
The first one of the new year!! Just think we have a whole new year together – oh just think of the discussions we will have 🙂
Whenever a new year starts everywhere you look people are giving advice on:
– how to lose that holiday weight
– how to set goals for the year
– how to get motivated again
And in the past years we were one of those people who needed a plan.
We felt like we had something “to work on” or “to fix” in regards to our bodies and health. Like there was always some ‘flaw’ or ‘issue’ that needed to be fixed. Did we over think some of those things? Sure. It happens. We are human. We make mistakes. But now we feel that we have a better since of just wanting to fix something only when something really needs to be FIXED. Make sense?
Over time we realized we’re not perfect! Far from it. Our bodies still have little battles. That’s life. We still have some health issues we wish we could make go away 100%. But then we stop and look back…and realize how far we have come! And we are excited to keeping going. Keep changing!
We hope you enjoy the video 🙂
12 Life lessons we are taking with us into the 2014:
1. Worry less. Have more faith.
3. No more dieting or following a particular diet.
4. Stop fixing because there will always be something to fix.
5. Workout for us (and to continue to motivate others to do the same)–not to look good for others, but to feel strong and confident for us.
6. Be more forgiving not only to others but be nicer to ourselves.
7. Enjoy life more. Live with no regrets.
8. Be open minded. Be open to new things.
9. Research. Read. Learn.
10. Be proactive. If something needs to change, then change!
11. Experiment until we find what works.
12. Make the commitment. Write down what we want to achieve and make it a priority. Look at it daily. And do it.
Just a few things we’ve learned from our health and fitness journey over the past year that has us better prepared for 2014!
Time to stop with the overthinking and choose to be happy. Continue to follow our dreams and passions. Continue to learn and love our bodies along this journey of life without any guilt or extra pressure to be perfect. Time to breathe. Let go of the stress from the world around us. Who’s with us?
We hope this inspires you to re-think how you are going to approach 2014.
What life lesson are you taking with you into 2014?
Share your purely thoughts below.
If you’re new to Purely Twins join our tribe and get updates:
Pinterest – purelytwins
Snapchat – loriandmichelle
Facebook – purelytwins
Please note that affiliate links may pop up on PT occasionally. When you click and purchase we receive a small percentage. This allows us to keep blogging! We greatly appreciate your support!