our life lessons to take with us into 2014

Happy Thursday luvs! You know what day it is — Purely Talk.

The first one of the new year!! Just think we have a whole new year together – oh just think of the discussions we will have 🙂

purelytalk logo

Whenever a new year starts everywhere you look people are giving advice on:

– how to lose that holiday weight

– how to set goals for the year

– how to get motivated again

– etc.

12 life lessons purelytalk with the purelytwins

And in the past years we were one of those people who needed a plan.

We felt like we had something “to work on” or “to fix” in regards to our bodies and health. Like there was always some ‘flaw’ or ‘issue’ that needed to be fixed.  Did we over think some of those things? Sure. It happens. We are human. We make mistakes. But now we feel that we have a better since of just wanting to fix something only when something really needs to be FIXED. Make sense?

Over time we realized we’re not perfect! Far from it. Our bodies still have little battles. That’s life. We still have some health issues we wish we could make go away 100%. But then we stop and look back…and realize how far we have come! And we are excited to keeping going. Keep changing!

We hope you enjoy the video 🙂

12 Life lessons we are taking with us into the 2014:

1. Worry less. Have more faith.

2. Accept who we are now.

3. No more dieting or following a particular diet.

4. Stop fixing because there will always be something to fix.

5. Workout for us (and to continue to motivate others to do the same)–not to look good for others, but to feel strong and confident for us.

6. Be more forgiving not only to others but be nicer to ourselves.

7. Enjoy life more. Live with no regrets.

8. Be open minded. Be open to new things.

9. Research. Read. Learn.

10. Be proactive. If something needs to change, then change!

11. Experiment until we find what works.

12. Make the commitment. Write down what we want to achieve and make it a priority. Look at it daily. And do it.

Just a few things we’ve learned from our health and fitness journey over the past year that has us better prepared for 2014!

Time to stop with the overthinking and choose to be happy. Continue to follow our dreams and passions. Continue to learn and love our bodies along this journey of life without any guilt or extra pressure to be perfect. Time to breathe. Let go of the stress from the world around us.  Who’s with us?

We hope this inspires you to re-think how you are going to approach 2014.

What life lesson are you taking with you into 2014?

Share your purely thoughts below.

xo

If you’re new to Purely Twins join our tribe and get updates:

Pinterest – purelytwins

Instagram – @purelytwins and @purelytwinsfitness

Snapchat – loriandmichelle

Youtube – purelytwins and pure2rawtwins

Facebook – purelytwins

Please note that affiliate links may pop up on PT occasionally. When you click and purchase we receive a small percentage. This allows us to keep blogging! We greatly appreciate your support!

eatlifead

purelyfitlife-blogad

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun January 9, 2014 - 11:10 am

I love your very first one Worry Less. Have Faith. 2014 is going to be a great year but we have lots of changes coming! I really try to remember this on a daily basis.

purelytwins January 9, 2014 - 11:39 am

same here Sara. we are bit worriers so we are doing our best this year to have faith that everything will work out 🙂 hugs

Cat January 9, 2014 - 12:52 pm

Love your attitude to experimentation! So many great life lessons there 🙂 One thing I’ll be carrying in to 2014 is Positive Thinking – we’re in charge of our emotions and positive thinking goes a long long way!

purelytwins January 9, 2014 - 2:22 pm

positive thinking love it Cat!!! yes!!

lauren January 9, 2014 - 1:49 pm

Thanks for this guys! I’m with you 100% on everything basically. As an ex Figure athlete and a prospective MBA student, I find myself constantly worrying ‘was my application good enough’ ‘how did that interview go’….all with the abusive body image thoughts of ‘Wow my body fat is no longer 8% and my arms aren’t cut up, I wonder what people think of my weight gain’ or ‘I never ate this much before or this ‘bad’ why am I doing this’. But I have learned two things, all things happen for a reason to lead us to where we are supposed to be, AND to trust our bodies because when you listen to it, it will stop rebelling. I’m excited to work with you guys in purelyfit. I have to admit I have been studying to retake my GMAT in a few weeks, so many days when I have a lack of energy after working late hours I have to prioritize between either working out or studying hard. Some days I say ‘you can do 10 minutes’ and some days I simply can’t. Not working out every day of the week was unheard of and would ‘kill’ me in the past, but today I realize life sometimes has other priorities and I am not perfect.

Sorry for the wordiness, but so glad two people I look up to share the same struggles. Bests!

purelytwins January 9, 2014 - 2:23 pm

xoxo Lauren 🙂 we are excited to workout with you in the club!!!

Erica January 9, 2014 - 2:53 pm

yall are too cute!!! I love the idea of being open to new things!

Heather @ Better With Veggies January 9, 2014 - 4:45 pm

You’ve learned some invaluable life lessons this year – a year of growth I bet. Do many of these I need to work on!

purelytwins January 9, 2014 - 4:57 pm

oh yes we are all about growth over here 🙂 hugs

Alisha January 9, 2014 - 6:27 pm

I am with ya’ll!!! 🙂

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves January 9, 2014 - 8:47 pm

These are all great lessons! I especially love #1 and #4. 🙂

Link Love | Peace Love & Oats January 10, 2014 - 10:06 am

[…] Great vlog –> Our Life Lessons to Take With Us Into 2014 […]

Meg @ A Dash of Meg January 11, 2014 - 9:21 pm

great posts girls – i couldn’t agree more – LOVE WHO YOU ARE NOW

Rushfit January 12, 2014 - 7:08 pm

Lori and Michelle
What a great list of Life Lessons! I especially like number 4 “Stop fixing because there will always be something to fix” and number 12 “Make the commitment. Write down what we want to achieve and make it a priority. Look at it daily. And do it.”
Great post, very inspiring and uplifting! Thank you so much!

well, hello monday… | January 13, 2014 - 8:32 am