Happy Friday luvs!
Who likes having chocolate for breakfast?
Our hands are raised in the air!
Who likes mini foods?
Again, our hands are raised.
Everything taste better as mini’s right?
Mini chocolate pistachio protein donuts that are gluten and grain-free!
It has been a while since we have had donuts…gasp…we know. Crazy. And ever since we enjoyed some chocolate pistachio coconut butter we couldn’t stop thinking about making chocolate donuts with pistachios.
Chocolate. Pistachios. Match made in heaven!
Would you agree?
We get so excited when we get to practice recipes. We jump in the air when a recipe comes out on the first or even second try. But we are also sad when a recipe turns out because then we do not get to taste test as much as we move onto another recipe. 😉
We made these donuts twice, you know to make sure they were blog worthy.
But we need your help, we cannot decide if these mini chocolate pistachio protein donuts are breakfast or dessert?
Soft chocolate cake donuts covered with smooth sweet icing and topped with crushed pistachios – that might make you think dessert, but the shape says breakfast so we’re going with that!
Baked Mini Chocolate Pistachio Donuts – could there be a better breakfast? We’re uncertain. Except when you have pumpkin bread pudding.
Ok fine, we can’t pick just one favorite recipe as these pistachio protein donuts are near the top on our list. Just look at them! We wish we could send SMELLS across the computer screen as the aroma is heavenly.
Roasted pistachios. Cocoa. Mmmm. Can you smell it?
These cake-like chocolate donuts have hemp protein in the batter, which keeps them light and moist, plus an extra boost of protein. Then they are topped with a melt-in-your-mouth glaze and finished with roasted pistachios crumbs.
So call them breakfast, call them dessert – either way make these! They are delicious.
Not only do they taste amazing, but they are flourless! Okay…not quite but think you guys understand 🙂
Healthy chocolate donuts? Yep. Well, they are in our eyes and we think you would agree. Just made from raw cacao, ground pistachios, hemp protein, eggs and a little sugar. Not bad.Print
Mini chocolate pistachio donuts
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 cup hemp protein
- 1/2 cup pistachio flour (unsalted, roasted pistachios)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (palm sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
COCONUT BUTTER TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk (if needed, we did coconut milk)
- Need about 1 cup or more crushed pistachios for rolling.
- 1. Take whole pistachios and grind into flour in a mini food processor. Measure out 1/2 cup and save the rest to roll donuts in.
- 2. Measure out dry ingredients and place in bowl.
- 3. Next add in vanilla and the 2 eggs and mix well.
- 4. Preheat mini donut maker or bake in oven at 350 using mini muffin/cupcake pan.
- 5. Scoop donut batter into donut maker. Let cook until donut maker is done. If baking, bake for about 10 – 12 minutes.
- 6. Let donuts cool. As they are cooling make the topping.
- 7. COCONUT BUTTER TOPPING: Mix in a small bowl the coconut butter with the honey and milk until smooth.
- 8. Spread onto mini donuts one a time as you follow up with dipping the donut into pistachio crumbs.
Could eat these mini donuts all day long!
Make these chocolate pistachio donuts for your breakfast (or dessert) this weekend!
Do you like mini foods?