We all go through periods where we might loosen up on things like missing workouts, eating out more, having more sweets than normal.
We know we did, this past week while we were home for the Thanksgiving holiday. We are human. We like to eat. We like to be lazy. We make excuses to miss a workout. We know crazy, but it’s happens. And we know our 6 tips for staying healthy and happy this holiday season, so we know how to be stress free 😉
But we have learned over the years that we have two choices:
1. Keep dwelling on these “no-nos” and keep being sad and making excuses for our behavior. OR
2. Just START over the next day. The next meal. Don’t stress over the past. Keep moving forward.
We are getting better at choice #2. Yes we still catch ourselves doing #1 at times. But we look at each other and tell ourselves it’s okay. We don’t have to be perfect. And that right there takes a load off our shoulders.
In today’s Purely Talk we share 8 tips to help you get back on track and finish the year strong!
Are you with us? No more excuses. No more “I will wait to Monday to start.” The time is now!
A quick recap of the video:
- Go now. Start right now. Pick one thing and just do it.
- Have a plan. Make a schedule. Get your food prep for the week.
- Focus on sleep. Rest when you can as it will help with your overall stress and keeps your hormones balance.
- DON’T do extremes. Keep meals balance. Don’t go all drastic and eat just one meal a day or workout for 3 hours.
- Look at what you have done so far…what you have accomplished. Write them down so you can see how far you have come.
- Stop being negative! Enough said about that.
- Keep up with drinking water. Get your workouts in. Eat your veggies, etc.
- Affirmations. Every morning wake up and say 3 positive things. Start the day positive.
Just remember you CAN DO IT. Don’t dwell on the past. We believe in you!
We’ve shared our 4 tips to get in shape, which provides more great tips to start your wellness journey.
Pinterest is also a great tool to use for motivation, inspiration and more.
Any more tips you have to add to our list for getting back on track? Share your purely thoughts.
And if you want to join us and other purely fitters in getting back on track to finish the year strong click here to join now.