Vlog 2: thoughts on using vitex and estroblock

Howdy luvs,

The other day we filmed a quick vlog answering some questions. And Jax makes an appearance.

jax and twins

We frequently get asked about our thoughts on vitex and estroblock, which we share thoughts about these two supplements.  Make sure you watch until the end as we have a little bonus clip discussing anxiety towards meal times.

Hope you enjoy the video! And if you have any more questions regarding vitex and estroblock just leave a comment and we will reply 😉

Check out my post on how to start to heal acne  and more of my acne journey here.

coffee talk

And we just had to share this picture too as Jax is too funny!! Guess he is sad he gets no coffee haha  Silly dog.

Have a wonderful Saturday!!

michelle November 23, 2013 - 9:41 am

I bought that same vitex about a week ago! Hoping that it gives me periods and fixes my hormones too! You girls give me hope:)

purelytwins November 23, 2013 - 11:16 am

Michelle just give the vitex time! it takes a few months

Meg November 23, 2013 - 10:04 am

I’m so glad Vitex works so well for you. There is a lot of research to support it’s use with both PCOS and acne. It helps support progesterone levels, lengthening the luteal phase. Women with longer phases usually have low estrogen, especially when body fat is on the lower side. Have you had your levels checked via saliva or blood? PCOS & Acne can also be related to an imbalance when estrogen is low….It’s great that estroblok has worked so well for you but as a natural practitioner, I always recommend checking your hormone levels before starting any supplements that affect our delicate and most precious hormonal balances. Just some food for thought 🙂

purelytwins November 23, 2013 - 11:17 am

Meg we have had our hormones checked 😉

Meg November 23, 2013 - 4:38 pm

I figured you would have ! Right on!

Monika November 23, 2013 - 3:25 pm

The video isn’t loading for me! Maybe because I’m on my phone?

purelytwins November 23, 2013 - 7:46 pm

Monika could be. Not sure.

Monika November 23, 2013 - 9:28 pm

Yay, it works! Must’ve been the phone 🙂 You girls are great. Thanks for doing this vlog. I have been debating on starting Vitex/Chasteberry for months now for my semi-short LP and other low progesterone issues. I’ll have to look for it! -Monika @crunchynurse

purelytwins November 24, 2013 - 6:22 am

so happy it worked for you 🙂 and yes give it a try, we really like it

zosia November 23, 2013 - 10:08 pm

I’m confused as to the estroblock. Hypothalmic amenorrhea is NOT a estrogen-dominant condition. Why would anyone with HA want to “block” estrogen when your body is LOW in estrogen?

Also, you wrote you don’t consume flax…but this is also helpful for HA.

Sexy Hormones by Lorna Vanderhaege…HIGHLY recommended.

All the best.

purelytwins November 24, 2013 - 6:24 am

well estroblock focuses on helping in getting rid of the bad estroblock and promoting more good estroblock. We don’t have hypothlamic amenorrhea and have issues with hormonal acne from estrogen-dominance so the estroblock really helps! I found that flax only made my acne worse, but everyone is different.

zosia November 25, 2013 - 8:56 am

I could’ve sworn there was talk about you ladies having HA. Sorry about that!

I’ve tried Vitex as well…and it hasn’t worked for me. (It’s possible that the weight issue is what is really behind it…) In any case, I wish you all the very best with your hormone journey. Thanks for sharing with us all this information.

purelytwins November 25, 2013 - 9:04 am

no worries, we mentioned before that we thought we could have HA but not sure. For Vitex it took a good 4 months of taking it before we started it working for us. We wish you all the best too with your journey, hopefully you can find relief soon. hugs

Kelly @ The Fit Skool November 24, 2013 - 8:25 am

I used Vitex and it worked for me! I had cysts on my ovaries and it helped me to regulate my hormones to get pregnant!! I am a strong believer in herbal remedies and it took a few months for the Vitex to work!

purelytwins November 24, 2013 - 12:42 pm

Kelly so happy you found it to work for you too!

Cassandra December 15, 2013 - 7:28 pm

Thank you for this, ladies! I just saw a holistic dermatologist who recommended Vitex & maca for me – hoping it works for me too!

purelytwins December 15, 2013 - 8:19 pm

we hope so too!! hugs

Mel May 31, 2014 - 6:34 pm

Hi there!

I have hormonal acne, A lot of cysts and facial hair around the chin and it has come in the last months extreme, I am going to be checked this week for PCOS, My doctor wants me to be checked for my thyroid and a physical exam to see but I am assuming she will be checking for PCOs, I have come across it recently and I am scared regarding the results and I will be ordering “Estro Block” to help with my acne but I was wondering if you could give me an advice on what to take to remove facial hair?! please if you could write back that would be wonderful!

purelytwins June 1, 2014 - 9:50 am

see my post here about supplements to help http://bit.ly/1iIYBWG

sorry to hear that you are having issues as well!! hang in there, things will get better.

Chantel December 29, 2014 - 3:51 pm

Hello, I don’t take vitex but I do take regular strength estroblock and it doesn’t seem to be doing anything kind of seems to be making little pimples pop up on my chest and face is that normal or is there a period that you guys went through a detoxifying period?

Lexie February 19, 2016 - 1:40 pm

Hey there,

I’ve been following your blog for a while now and love all of your updates.
After coming off of the BCP I started to get hair loss and acne. About 2 months ago I started taking Vitex, Saw Palmetto and Estroblock (regular strength). At first my skin seemed to clear up and I was super happy but then it went back to it’s usual state so I ordered the Estroblock Pro. I’m about a week into the Pro bottle and my skin has gone crazy (more spots on my neck and upper arms). Could this just be a detox reaction or should I stop Estroblock altogether?

Best,