We are sooooooo excited to finally share this recipe with you!!!
It was a recipe on our list to make before the Thanksgiving holiday. And we are so glad we did as it’s seriously the best stuffing recipe. Okay that is huge shoes to fill. But we are pretty confident. This is a twist on a classic Thanksgiving holiday recipe.
The best ever Thanksgiving stuffing recipe that is made from real foods.
Stuffing is a big deal in our household. Our mom has always made some really good stuffing. But this year, we think we have a recipe that will out win hers. Sorry mom.
Not only will you recognize each ingredient in this recipe. It is grain-free, paleo, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free and dairy-free.
When most of think of Thanksgiving, stuffing is usually the first thing that comes to mind. Okay, maybe after pumpkin pie. But stuffing is most likely a highly talked about and planned out recipe for many of us. It is all about the stuffing, right?
Below, you’ll find a classic stuffing recipe that reminds you of your childhood along with a few purely twins twists. Hopefully you’ll find some inspiration to create your own healthy real food based stuffing!
Healthy Thanksgiving stuffing recipe from @purelytwins. Click to tweet.
We can’t wait to make this for our family to enjoy this Thanksgiving!! We hope you love it.
Thanksgiving is now complete! Okay maybe not fully complete but the stuffing is taken care of!
The base of this stuffing is of course our grain-free plantain bread.
You know we had to have plantains involved somehow 😉 Also we baked our plantain bread in a bread loaf, making it a thicker bread!
And we just LOVE that the bread in this stuffing is just made from two ingredients… plantains and eggs! Seriously we LOVE LOVE LOVE our plantain bread and adore how it turned out in our stuffing!
When we were thinking of this recipe we wanted it to be looked at as a classic stuffing recipe. One that will be shared with loved ones from all over. One recipe that is simple and bursting with flavor.
This stuffing can be done either in the oven or in a crock pot. We made ours in a crock pot.
While we walked around the house doing things, we just kept smelling this most appetizing aroma in the house. We kept looking at each other and saying, “this stuffing smells amazing.” Not only does it smell wonderful as it cooks it is just as simple to make.
Your Thanksgiving stuffing just got a little healthier and a little easier 🙂
By taking a few days old plantain bread, cut into cubes, and then crisped back in the oven. Tossed with celery, mushrooms, onions, shredded brussel sprouts (something fun we added) and poultry seasoning with a little sea salt and black pepper. All mixed with homemade chicken broth (we followed recipe from Practical Paleo cookbook).
Plantain bread makes stuffing so easy and healthy!
Here is our real food Thanksgiving stuffing recipe. And feel free to add in any other spices or add-ins of your liking, for example: bacon, sausage, carrots, cranberries, chestnuts, etc.
Have fun in the kitchen. Let us know if you give it a try!Print
The best ever classic real food thanksgiving stuffing recipe
The best ever classic Thanksgiving recipe that is made from real foods and allergy friendly.
- 2 recipes of our plantain bread (about 5–6 cups cubed)
- 2 cups of homemade chicken broth
- sea salt and black pepper to liking
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup thinly chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded brussel sprouts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- Make 2 recipes of plantain bread. Follow directions here
- Cut bread into cubes. Lay cubed bread pieces onto baking tray. Toast bread cubes at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- While bread is toasting, place onions in a large skillet on stovetop with coconut oil. Saute until translucent.
- If using shredded brussel sprouts, add them in with the onions to cook.
- Next add in celery, mushrooms and 1 teaspoon of poultry seasoning.
- Let all cook for about 5-6 minutes.
- Once bread cubes are crispy, toss into crock pot.
- Add in sauteed veggies to the crock pot.
- Top mixture with 2 cups of broth. Stir. Add 1 more teaspoon of poultry seasoning. Stir.
- **could add in fresh thyme or rosemary if desired.
- Set crock pot to low and let cook for about an hour.
- Next place stuffing on baking tray to bake in oven for about 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until desired texture is achieved.
- Serve warm!
We are so excited to get in the kitchen with our sisters and whip up this stuffing along with several other goodies.
Let the good times roll.
It’s not every day that we get to stuff our faces with the awesomeness of stuffing. But this year we plan to! And actually coming to mind we think this stuffing can be made anytime 🙂 Oh… that could be dangerous.
Check out this amazing real food Thanksgiving stuffing recipe from @purelytwins. Click to tweet.
Twins question: What food item are you in charge of for Thanksgiving? Do you like stuffing?
And to our purely fitters, check soon in the meal and diet ideas tab in the members area for what we have been eating for breakfast the past several months. Well, we call it breakfast and we’ve been loving it so much!
be passionate and fit
recipe linked on Holistic squid party wave
recipe shared in Thank You Body 55