grain-free plantain brussel sprouts breadsticks
- 1 small plantain (or half of a large one, about 5 1/2oz peeled)
- 3 cups shredded brussel sprouts (about 10oz)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- Have a baking sheet ready to place breadsticks on.
- Peel plantain.
- Add plantain and brussel sprouts to a food processor or Vitamix and pulse until the texture is similar to rice.
- Add in balsamic vinegar, sea salt, black pepper, coconut oil and eggs. Pulse till combined.
- Spread dough out evenly over baking sheet– can make as thick or thin as you like.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the crust is golden, crispy on the edges and cooked through the middle.
- Remove the crust from the oven.
- Enjoy warm.