Getting back into a workout groove workout

Hey Purely Fitters,

Have you been skipping your workouts? Are you having a hard time getting back into a workout routine?

Well join the club.

As we have mentioned in previous posts, the past month we struggled keeping up with regular workouts. So when we got back in town, we knew we just had to jump right back in. Make no more excuses.

We are starting to share what we do weekly for our workout to help keep us on track.

new beginning

So today’s Move-it-Monday workout is all about getting back into a workout groove. The perfect workout to do after you have been traveling, like we have been.

This is Purely Fit Life #35 a 15 minute AMRAP workout that will help get you back into a workout groove.

Why 15 minutes? It is a long enough but short enough. Plus this workout is all BODY WEIGHT. No equipment needed. So anyone can do this workout with no excuses.

This workout will help you remember what it feels like to workout without over doing it.

Getting back into a workout routine can be hard, but you JUST HAVE TO DO IT.

Make a schedule, even you need help click here. Remember this is your time.

Here is the workout breakdown:

PFL 35 get back workout workout

PFL 35 get back workout workout (click for printable)

We suggest:

• A-fits (advanced peeps) :  Limit your breaks. Set your timer for 20 minutes if you have the time.
  • B-fits (beginner peeps):  Go at a slower speed, take breaks when needed. Follow the modifications we mentioned in the video.

And we are trying something new for our workout videos. We are running through one round of the whole workout as a warm-up.

Now come and workout with us!

COMMENT below letting us know if you like the new workout set-up.

How many rounds did you get in the 15 minutes? Did you beat us?

purely fit life get back workout workout

Hope you enjoy this 15 minute workout and get those endorphins running again. Keeping up with a regular workout routine is so important not just for physical appearance but for your mental health as well. We love how working out makes us feel strong inside and out. And we want you to feel that way too!

Now take a deep breath. And start again. Today is a new opportunity to get back on track.

Twins Question: Do you struggle with getting back into a workout routine once you have been traveling for awhile? Any tips you have for keeping up with a regular workout schedule?

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables November 4, 2013 - 10:43 am

I always find it hard to get back into the groove of things!! Love that this is just 15 minutes!

marquis @realrawkitchen November 4, 2013 - 11:27 am

This is great! I’ve been experiencing the same thing. I just got married and then went on our honeymoon, then when I came back I was recovering …. a whole month off of my routine has made it VERY strange to workout again!

BTW As a part of my wedding prep I used your HIIT workouts as inspiration 🙂 Thanks!

purelytwins November 4, 2013 - 3:57 pm

Awesome Marquis!! Hope this workout helps you get back into it. Congrats 🙂

Lisa November 4, 2013 - 11:29 am

Always great tips from you girls!
I think the first few days is always the hardest to get back on track, but I find it so much easier if I just focus on 30 or even 20 minutes for the first bit and then work up from there!

Jojo @ RunFastEatLots November 4, 2013 - 11:30 am

I’ve been traveling a bit in October, and my schedule is finally settling down. I find it easiest to stick to a workout schedule by doing it at the same time every day. I always set aside about an hour in the morning to work out. It’s the time of the day that I am most motivated and it makes me feel energized for the rest of the day!

purelytwins November 4, 2013 - 3:57 pm

Great tips Jojo!

Meg @ A Dash of Meg November 4, 2013 - 1:33 pm

ah yes! so hard to get back into the groove after holidays! but i find after a day or two i find that groove again 🙂

Heather @ Better With Veggies November 4, 2013 - 1:48 pm

I know exactly what you’re talking about! It takes some time to get moving again after a break – you just have to do it. 🙂

manveet November 4, 2013 - 7:03 pm

Wow! great workout i will try it tomorrow. i just finished a heavy lifting workout at the gym!! are you guys going to be posting more of your daily eats for a healthy gut? I love reading your previous posts on healing the gut..i’m so interested in the topic!!! : )

Corinne November 5, 2013 - 6:21 am

Two things help me get back in the groove:
1. remembering why I want to get back in the groove in the first place
2. checking out other people’s blogs – they inspire me 🙂

purelytwins November 5, 2013 - 7:16 am

same here 🙂

Ashley November 5, 2013 - 7:09 pm

Love this first quote/picture!

She Rocks Fitness November 15, 2013 - 7:02 pm

ARGH I despise squat jumps almost as much as burpees…HA! I do love changing it up in side plank. There are so many challenging variations, it’s awesome. Great workout ladies! XOXO