Happy Friday friends!!
Now that we have Halloween just around the corner we thought we would share a healthy Halloween inspired treat. You good with that?
Thought so. Who doesn’t love a chocolate treat? We sure do. More chocolate the better. Hate that our bodies don’t do well with a lot of chocolate. Damn you hormones and eczema.
Get ready for…
Our raw triple threat chocolate mint protein treats!! That are just perfect to make for a healthy halloween treat this year!
Do you have you drooling yet? Wipe that mouth. 😉
And more chocolate.
Now that makes a delicious
sinful Halloween treat!
Now these are the perfect chocolate heaven halloween treat that are packed with nutrition.
Filled with hemp protein for a great protein source, raw cacao great for antioxidants and magnesium ,coconut oil great for healthy skin and energy (and fat burning). Now who doesn’t want a fat burning chocolate treat?
Chocolate and mint lovers dream.
You will thank us later 😉Print
triple threat mint chocolate protein halloween treats
Healthy fat burning triple threat chocolate mint protein Halloween treat. Raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free.
- one recipe of our protein thin mints
- one recipe of our raw brownie recipe
- lots of chocolate sauce (could always melt a chocolate bar for the coating)
- Chocolate sauce:
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder (cocoa is fine)
- few drops of stevia (or maple or honey)
- 2–3 tablespoons coconut milk (or water or coconut oil)
- Make protein thin mints.
- Press thin mints into a silicone tray. We used a silicone tray that was made for ice cubes! So that way they were already bite-size. You can use an 8inch pie or cake pan.
- Next make raw brownie. Add in mint extract to raw brownie. About 1/2-1teaspoon.
- Again press raw brownie into silicone tray on top of the protein thin mint.
- Set in refrigerator as you make the chocolate sauce.
- Make the chocolate sauce by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Remove tray from fridge and begin to pop them out.
- Coat each treat with chocolate sauce.
- Repeat until all treats are fully covered in chocolate sauce.
- Set in fridge to set.
Using a silicone molds are highly recommend as it makes it really easy to pop them out.
We used these silicone ice cube molds.
Enjoy our triple threat chocolate mint Halloween treats! Makes these for your next party for the perfect pop in your mouth chocolate candy.
Well it’s settled, I know what I will be making this weekend. Between all the recipes you’ve been posting I don’t know which one to go to first, but I think this may win by a little bit.
My favorite Halloween candy was always the mars bars! I loved them.
Lisa we think you will love this one 😉
How is it possible that you stay so fit and manage to experiment and come up with such yummy recipes!?!? You’re both amazing!!
thanks Corinne, we just try our best to balance it all.
You do a great job at it. I’m still working on the balance part – will get there eventually!
I thought I’d share this with you two:
My father is from Nigeria where plantain is a staple. We make this dough from it called fou fou and use it to dip in broths and soups. I’m sure you could ‘healthify’ this recipe and use it for your broths and what not (it may even work as a dumpling or sticky bun).
Thanks Lauren for sharing!
I love chocolate! I was actually working with chocolate yesterday and made some chocolate covered strawberries to garnish a chocolate cake 😉
My fave Halloween candy was Reese’s PB cups. Of course it’s something chocolate-y 😉
Yum! Perfect for halloween! Love that they’re packed with protein goodness too
thanks sweetie 🙂
i LOVE chocolate & mint together, mmm!
us too 😉 the best!
There isn’t much I’m craving food-wise, but your desserts always make me drool!! I am going to have to make this after the competition!