basic home gym equipment

Hello there luvs,

The twins are together again. We are actually done in Orlando this weekend for the ACE symposium event. Michelle is thinking of getting certified personal trainer as well. Even though I went through NASM, ACE was my second choice. Anyways we are excited to be going to this event for so many reasons. A major one being is to help educate us even more  so we can better help our friends in their fitness and weight-loss journey. We are pumped up to learn some new things!

Today we have another Purely Talk video.

We often get asked from readers and purely fitters what home workout equipment we have. How did we go about building our little home gym 😉

equalizer equipmentpurely talk-01

Enjoy the video

Quick recap:

• It took us a few years to get the equipment we have at home, so take your time in building up your home gym.
  • Decide where you want to spend your money –> what piece of equipment will help take your fitness journey to the next level.
  • For cheap places to find things would be craigslist, yard sales, any friends or family that are not using them anymore, and find used fitness equipment stores in your area.

stability ball

Have fun with building your home gym. Keep it fun. Remember to change up your location to help keep you excited to workout.

We are always looking to expand our little gym. We love kettlebells and TRX.

We love anything and everything that is fitness (or health) related.

We love our equalizer piece of equipment so much we do have an affiliate with them and if you use this link and code at checkout you can save $20 –>> Get yourself an equalizer and save some money – use this code at checkout P2RTEQ20.

cuteline3-01

PFC shout out love…

food love

more shots

workout shots

Love you guys!! xoxo

Twins Question: Do you have a home gym? What equipment do you have? What is the one piece of equipment you would love to get?

#bepurelyyou

be passionate and fit

L&M

Miz October 17, 2013 - 8:31 am

LOVE THOSE TANKS.
wearing RAW THREADS right now as I git ready to go and LEBERT!!

Lisa October 17, 2013 - 10:34 am

I still need to get my hands on an equalizer, I believe that’s the only piece of equipment I’m missing and I think it would be awesome to have one.

purelytwins October 17, 2013 - 7:07 pm

🙂 we hope you get it one day!

Jojo @ RunFastEatLots October 17, 2013 - 3:06 pm

I have a home gym in my basement, and have Powerblocks, stability ball, medicine balls, resistant bands, pull up bars, jump rope, and a ladder. And maybe a bunch of other stuff that I forgot haha. I don’t really use the stuff (my brother does) since I like to do body weight workouts that don’t require equipment (like Insanity).

purelytwins October 17, 2013 - 7:08 pm

we love body weight exercises too 🙂

lindsay October 17, 2013 - 5:00 pm

dang you and your equalizer. I still need to get one! Love the home gym. Great set up!

purelytwins October 17, 2013 - 7:09 pm

thanks sweetie! xoxo

The Delicate Place (@misathemeb) October 18, 2013 - 4:36 pm

love this topic! why yes i do have home gym and i posted about my diy equipment here 🙂 http://thedelicateplace.com/2011/08/16/my-diy-home-gym-recent-snappy-snaps/ i can’t believe that was 2 yrs ago?! anyhow, i haven’t added anything to it actually because i have really been loving pushing myself with my bodyweight only. if i wanted to splurge i might pick up an equalizer since L sits are fun!

Lorraine Jacobs October 30, 2013 - 11:37 pm

Wow, I love your video and I also enjoyed watching you both. I am glad that you have shared this tutorial so that it would be easy for some to follow most specially those who don’t have the time to go to the gym to exercise. It is nice that you really have invested on your equipments. Great achievement!

elliptical Brisbane April 7, 2015 - 2:06 am

Home workouts is really somewhat better since you get the comfort of working out without being too conscious.

dumbbell set Sunshine Coast May 18, 2015 - 4:46 am

You can purchase some simple gym equipment that you can use at home indoor or outdoor if you want to shred some fats.