360 rep time challenge workout

Hello Purely Fit Friends!!

How was everyone’s weekend? Good we hope.

We both had a great weekend. Michelle watched Jax as Gary and I headed to CT for a friend’s wedding. It was a beautiful wedding and we had a lovely time. We took the weekend off from working out. It was nice to rest… and now we are pumped up to get back into our workout groove. And today we have one killer workout for you that is a time challenge.

cuteline3-01

When we filmed this workout we had a goal in mind of when we were going to complete it.

Well this 360 rep workout took us a little longer than our personal goal. Love it when a workout really kicks our butts.

360 rep time challenge real time workout routine

360 rep time challenge workout

Time challenge means you try to complete the workout as fast as you can.

In this 360 rep workout you will need free weights and a chair. You could use a sandbag or even a box. We also included a new move in this workout —> plank chair jumps! Oh ya…get excited.

Michelle actually came up with this idea for the plank chair jumps. So if you love it or hate it, she is the one to credit or blame 😉

love who you are

Love our cute shirts ? Head over to raw threads to get you some! The best shirts ever to sweat it!

We also did our favorite squat at the moment- goblet squats.  Just love these.

Goblet squats work the quadriceps but also work the calves, glutes, hamstrings and shoulders. You can use a kettlebell for it too. We used a free weight.

This 360 rep workout also includes a 1-2-3 pushup which is a full body functional exercise that will improve your strength, agility and flexibility. These ones hurt by the end.

Here is the workout breakdown:

360 rep workout-01

360 rep workout PFL (click for printable)

We suggest:

• A-fits (advanced peeps) : Push yourself, limit your breaks. When doing the plank jumps make sure you have a high chair, as the higher the chair the more difficult it is.
  • B-fits (beginner peeps):  Take breaks when needed.  Use just bodyweight or light weight for the goblet squats. Use your hands to help with prisoner get-ups. And for the 1-2-3 pushups – do push-up on your knees. And plank chair jumps use a lower chair or box or step off instead of jump off.

Now come and workout with us!

Phew that was a tough one!

sweaty mess

We are a sweaty mess…hard to tell in the picture.  This workout kicked our butts!!

CAN YOU BEAT OUR TIME??

Comment below letting us know your time!

Let us know what you think of the workout and if you do it. Also let us know if you liked the plank chair jumps.

never underestimate your power

Remember this every time you start a workout — YOU have the POWER to change your life every day! No one can take that away from you. Stay strong!

Lori and Michelle

Lisa September 23, 2013 - 11:51 am

Oh this looks tough! Just what I like. I always love doing rep challenges, because I feel like they just go by SO fast.

Megan (The Lyons' Share) September 23, 2013 - 12:45 pm

This looks brutal … in a good way! Definitely trying it soon, and I’ll let you know when I do!

purelytwins September 23, 2013 - 1:33 pm

😉 yay Megan and yes let us know

Megan (The Lyons' Share) September 23, 2013 - 9:29 pm

I couldn’t resist and I did this tonight! I finished in 23:09 but I only had a 10 lb weight for the goblet squats. This was the first workout that I did alongside you on the video (before I have just pinned your workouts and done them on my own), and I really enjoyed that! I will definitely be coming back to do this one again — it was a fun, great workout in a short amount of time! Time to go shower – I’m a mess! 🙂

purelytwins September 24, 2013 - 8:10 am

awesome Megan so happy to hear it 🙂 great job!!

Taylor @ Liftingrevolution.com September 23, 2013 - 2:37 pm

I love rep challenges! We do the plank jacks on chairs in my boot camps sometimes. Most ladies are not fans,haha. I think they rock.

purelytwins September 23, 2013 - 4:15 pm

wahoo Taylor 😉 we are sure they probably have a love/hate feeling towards them!

lindsay September 23, 2013 - 2:40 pm

these are my favorite workouts.. now, can you two come do it with me tomorrow?
😉

purelytwins September 23, 2013 - 4:14 pm

yes!! be right over xoxo

Kim September 23, 2013 - 5:04 pm

Love, love, love this challenge – timed challenges are my favorite!!!
Can’t wait to try the plank chair jumps!!!
Thanks for sharing!

purelytwins September 23, 2013 - 8:00 pm

Kim have fun with this workout!

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables September 23, 2013 - 7:15 pm

I seriously need you two around all the time so you can motivate me! This looks so awesome! I’m with Lindsay… can you two come over?? 🙂

kellyj September 23, 2013 - 7:58 pm

attempted this workout this morning – damm hard, found the prisoner get ups hard (couldn’t get my feet under me) and the 1-2-3 pushups hard, did 10 with the jumps and then finished with normal pushups to make up the 30, and had to do box jumps instead of the lateral chair hops cause didn’t have an appropriate chair to use, 30 reps is really hard for some of those excercises! now i’m stuffed 🙂

purelytwins September 23, 2013 - 8:01 pm

Kelly awesome girl way to modify the moves!! yep it was a killer. great job with it!

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves September 23, 2013 - 9:39 pm

Love the moves and I love time challenges! I will definitely be trying this soon!

Lieke September 24, 2013 - 4:51 am

this is SO what I need! I am addicted to running and the only way to run even faster is doing some serious core workouts regularly. It is just sad that my legs are ‘advanced’ and my upper body ‘beginner’

Leti September 24, 2013 - 3:44 pm

Just wanted to say this was a great, tough workout. I faithfully check in for new workouts on Move-It Monday. I really appreciate your workouts for being effective and efficient. Thanks ladies!

purelytwins September 24, 2013 - 5:13 pm

thanks Leti, so happy to hear this!! glad you are enjoying our workouts 🙂 keep up the great work!!

stephanie September 24, 2013 - 5:19 pm

DANG! i knew this workout was going to be tough going into it. I did it before my spin class, and it took 23:45, with some breaks included!! prisoner get ups were rough!! And i was ready for the 1-2-3 pushups to be done after the first 10! I used an 18 lb kettle ball. Ill be doing this workout on Thursday again–need to improve my time!! ill be working on this 2x a week until i feel stronger at it! Thank you thank you!

Bethany Swallow September 25, 2013 - 3:52 am

Hey! I’ve been doing your workouts for the past several weeks, as I recently moved to Tanzania and fitness facilities are scarce. I have noticed a great improvement in my outlook on working out – once in a while, change is necessary.

My time for this 360 rep challenge was 24:51 and I had the most difficulty with the 1-2-3 pushups. Yikes, those are quite the burn. I used a 22 pound dumbbell for the goblet squats, and finished very sweaty (although 100% humidity doesn’t help…).

Thanks again!

purelytwins September 25, 2013 - 9:26 am

so happy to hear this Bethany!!! great job with the workout, oh yes those 1-2-3 pushups are hard!! xoxo thanks for the support