10 ideas to help amp up your workouts

Howdy luvs!

How is everyone doing today? How is everyone’s workouts going?

Speaking of workouts ….liking your workouts are so important. We frequently get asked about how to get back into working out after taking a few days off or how do we stay so motivated to workout. Great questions.

And in today’s Purely Talk we share 10 ideas that we will help you start to have fun again with your workouts or help you get out of a workout rut.

amp up your workout with these ideas purelytwins

purely talk-01

Hope you guys enjoyed our little video ๐Ÿ™‚ ย We tried to keep it fun as that is what life is about –> having FUN! And workouts are no different.

Although your workouts should also be challenging…leaving you wiped out. But that’s fun, right?

keep workouts fun

10 Ideas to help amp up your workouts:

• listen to music —-> have a good playlist of songs that get you moving, music can be so empowering
  • change location —-> change up the spot where you typically workout, go into a different room or go outside
  • before your workout say a goal —> with each workout have an intention/goal for it
  • wear sexy/comfortable clothing —->if you dress the part you act the part
  • make sure you are really warmed up —> your heart rate should be up and you should feel awake, if not then keep warming up
  • have a workout buddy ย –> again this is sooo powerful! If you don’t have the ability to workout with a friend or family member, use us as your workout buddies and workout with us everyday ๐Ÿ™‚
  • mix up your style of workouts —> keep variety in them, do different things

get outside

• make sure you are getting enough sleep —> try to get 7-9 hours of good quality sleep or take naps
  • visualize yourself doing and completing the workout –> seeing yourself doing the workout can be so powerful in boosting your self-confidence to give you that extra motivation to go and kill it
  • and oh… can’t forget this one – take a picture of yourself working out and brag about it via social media –> that can help too ย ๐Ÿ˜‰

The key to amping up your workouts is to have fun, know that there are a variety of ways to get in shape and visualize yourself doing it! Plus just know how amazing you will feel afterwards!

You need to remember that you have to really challenge your body when working out.

Working out should engage the MIND and BODY…so make sure your workouts are doing that –> challenging and engaging!

Need help with what to do? ย Well you are in luck become a purely fit sister.

love the fit life

Together we will become Purely Fit in all parts of life! And learn to love working out.

Try some of these ideas whenever you are having a hard time getting motivated to workout. Remember to believe in yourself and see yourself completing it!! ย We are here cheering you on every step of the way.

Twins Question: ย How do you get out of a workout rut? How do you AMP UP your workout?

till next time,

L&M

purelytwins

McKel Hill, MS, RD, LDN | Nutrition Stripped September 12, 2013 - 11:35 am

Great ideas! I always switch up my music ๐Ÿ˜‰

purelytwins September 12, 2013 - 1:03 pm

yes we actually need to get better at it haha

Lisa September 12, 2013 - 11:57 am

Awesome tips! I’m all about amping up my workouts when I feel like I need a little bit more to jazz up my routines. Or when I indulge a little too much on the weekends ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mandie Marie @ The Fruitful Turtle September 12, 2013 - 1:47 pm

Thanks for the awesome tips!!!
Love the take a picture and brag about it ๐Ÿ™‚ haha …One thing we girls do best is to talk about ourselves ๐Ÿ˜‰
If I’m in a rut I look for other motivating workout videos. Also I might go on instagram or pinterest and find some motivating pictures/workouts there.

Heather @ Better With Veggies September 12, 2013 - 2:22 pm

When I’m in a rut, I try something totally new and crazy (for me!). Like this fitness competition – craziness. ๐Ÿ™‚

purelytwins September 12, 2013 - 7:35 pm

Heather you are amazing! you are going to kill it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Caity @ Mi Contre La Vie September 12, 2013 - 6:17 pm

Great post! I’m recovering from back surgery and amped up to get back to the gym – I can’t wait to implement some of your suggestions once I start PT!

Giselle September 12, 2013 - 9:17 pm

Great ideas, they’re so simple and yet sometimes I get stuck (once in a while) in my routine.
Thanks for sharing your ideas ๐Ÿ˜‰

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables September 13, 2013 - 8:41 am

Music and a workout buddy are my best strategies!

purelytwins September 13, 2013 - 8:58 am

agree ๐Ÿ™‚

Cat September 13, 2013 - 8:54 am

Such good advice esp about getting enough shuteye and setting a goal pre-workout! That’s one I need to work on, it’s so easy to bust out an average workout but having a goal turns it into an awesome one ๐Ÿ˜‰

purelytwins September 13, 2013 - 8:59 am