Happy Friday luvs!
We made it through another week! Anyone else ready for the weekend? We have a few house things we hope to get done, plus we got our second cookbook done! Just having the family read over it one more time. So hopefully this week we will have more details on it.
Okay now onto WAFFLES!!
Chocolate protein packed waffles to be exact. And they do not have plantains in them. Shocking we know. haha
A perfect breakfast as they can be tolerated by most as these chocolate waffles are free of gluten, grains, soy, dairy, nuts and eggs!
Today we are sharing another protein waffle recipe with you but this time they are grain-free and CHOCOLATE! Plus they are nut free too unlike our other vegan protein waffle recipe. We love our other waffle recipes, even our plantain “cake” waffles, but these chocolate waffles are topping the list now.
The perfect excuse to enjoy chocolate at breakfast! Or heck make these chocolate protein waffles for dinner.
So, needless to say, these chocolate hemp waffles are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
These waffles have a moist, tender texture with a not too sweet flavor. So have fun with the topping your waffles!
Now they were not overly crispy on the outside. They are more soft-like waffles. We still find them to be delicious without the crisp.
Sliced bananas and yogurt go perfectly with these chocolate hemp protein grain-free waffles.
And of course cacao nibs for a little crunch! Mmmm melt-in-your-mouth waffles.
We added in some cardamom as we love chocolate and cardamom together. Also the psyllium husk really helps with holding the waffles together. We like our waffles sturdy. And the coconut oil is liquid not solid. If you do not like arrowroot starch you could try using corn starch, potato starch or even tapioca starch. Again using a starch helps with the texture.Print
chocolate hemp grain and egg free waffle recipe
A healthy chocolate waffle recipe that is free of most allergens. Waffles that the whole family can enjoy. Soft dense chocolate waffles full of protein.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: makes 2 large waffles or 3-4 small waffles 1x
- 1/2 cup hemp protein (2 oz)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot (1 oz)
- 1/4 cup cocoa (1 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 1 chia seed or flax gel (1 tablespoon chia seeds to 3 tablespoons water, let sit 10 minutes) (or 1/3 cup mashed banana)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (4 oz)
- a few drops of stevia ( or 1 tablespoon sugar)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons psyllium husk (optional)
- Place all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together. Next add in your banana puree, stevia and milk. Beat together. Batter will be slightly thick.
- Heat up waffle maker. Pour waffle batter into waffle maker. Cook according to directions.
- Double recipe if feeding more than 2 people.
- Serving Size: serves 1-2
Now this is how to start the day…
happy tummy. check.
Now go ahead in enjoy these chocolate hemp protein waffles guilt-free. They are purely twin approved.
Breakfast (or dinner) will never be the same again. Your welcome.
Twins Question: What would you top these chocolate waffles with? Do you like having chocolate at breakfast?
till next time,