This snickerdoodle skillet cake is light, decadent and the cinnamon sugar topping packs a big hit of cinnamon flavor without being overwhelming. If you love the classic snickerdoodle cookie but don’t want a cookie but a cake this recipe is for you. Move over pumpkin spice and say hello to snickerdoodle. The best part is, this cinnamon-sugar cake is made from just 7 simple ingredients. You’re going to love it.
Today’s Purely Talk #13 we are in the kitchen again making a healthy paleo snickerdoodle skillet cake recipe.
Well today is your lucky day!! We are sharing a new favorite way for us to enjoy plantains as a cake! Even though we love our chocolate and mint, we do love some good cinnamon sugar action. Plantains is our main base for this cake to make it flourless. Who’s in?
A simple and healthy flourless snickerdoodle cake that is free of gluten, grains, dairy and nut free!
Now come and join us in the kitchen.
A fun way to enjoy the classic snickerdoodle cake. Perfect eating alone or topping with your favorite ice cream.
Cinnamon sugar Snickerdoodle plantain cake that is made from just 7 simple ingredients.
This cake is very easy to make! If you have extra plantains in your house you need to make this cake. Now. And save us a slice.
This snickerdoodle skillet cake bakes up in 20 minutes, one skillet, yielding a warm, cinnamon-sugary treat that will satisfy any sweet tooth.Print
Guilt-free Snickerdoodle Skillet Cake Recipe
Healthy, flourless snickerdoodle protein cake that is made from just a few ingredients. This cake is great alone or top it with your favorite ice cream. Gluten-free grain-free plantain cinnamon sugar cake recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 plantains (about 14 oz)
- 1 banana (about 3–4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons protein powder (or any flour or nut flour)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour (or nut flour)
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cinnamon Sugar Mix:
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- coconut oil (for oiling the pan)
- Peel and weigh plantains.
- Lightly chop the plantains and place in blender.
- Next add in banana and the remaining ingredients.
- Keep blending until smooth and well combined.
- The batter is thick, so take your time with blending it.
- Once blended pour cake batter into a oiled 8 in circle pan.
- Then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Can even sprinkle the bottom of the pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes.
- Serving Size: serves 2-4
We hope you guys enjoy this snickerdoodle cake as much as we did!!
Twins Question: What recipe would you guys like us to make next on video?
L and M