Yes… you heard us correctly.
5 ingredient homemade mint chocolate chip avocado ice cream recipe that is raw, dairy and nut free!
Get ready for some rich, creamy homemade ice cream that is full of ingredients you recognize. And did we mention it only takes 5 ingredients to make this ice cream!
This ice cream recipe is an updated version of our quick mint avocado chocolate chip soft serve that we made years ago. Even though we love our original recipe, we wanted to make more of ice cream instead of soft serve.
We are so thrilled and happy with the way this new recipe came out and think you will love it too.
We mean… really…what is not to love? Mint. Chocolate chips. Avocados. Coconut butter.
Yes please! Load it up.
Since it is still hot outside we are still feeling like cold and refreshing desserts. And this velvety mint chip ice cream hit the spot.
And this friends… is perfect for those hot humid days that you just want something cold.
How to make raw ice cream out of avocado. No ice cream maker needed.
We love using avocados or cashews for our base for raw, no ice cream maker needed, easy to make ice cream recipes.
To be honest… those are the only homemade ice cream recipes we have ever made. Guess we need to expand our ice cream making recipes to play with other ingredients.
Mint chocolate chip ice cream was an all time childhood favorite of ours.
Our two favorite flavors together. As you already know mint and chocolate is our go-to flavor for just about anything.
Ready to see how we made it.
Though it is a little time consuming in that you have to stir every 30 minutes for about 2-3 hours.
Promise it’s worth it!!!!!
That stirring every 30 minutes makes a HUGE difference in making homemade ice creams with no ice cream makers. Trust us. We made this without stirring frequently and it turned out too icy not creamy.
Learn from us. Take the effort to stir. Use your gymboss timer to remind you to stir every 30 minutes. That’s what we did.Print
5 ingredient homemade creamy mint chocolate chip avocado ice cream recipe
Raw, vegan, dairy-free, nut-free healthy homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- 2 hass medium-large avocados (about 11oz pitted, 2 cups cut into chunks)
- 1 medium banana
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (could use coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey or coconut nectar)
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- handful of fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 3–5 tablespoons chocolate chips (really how much you like)
- Pit and scoop out avocados. Peel banana.
- Place all ingredients except chocolate chips into Vita-mix or high powered blender.
- Blend until smooth. Make sure it is well blended.
- Place in large deep bowl.
- Add in your chocolate chips. Stir them in.
- Set bowl into freezer.
- Stir every 30 minutes until desired texture is achieved. Ours took about 2 1/2 hours with stirring every 30 minutes.
- Serving Size: serves 3-4
Are you ready for some creamy raw mint chocolate chip avocado ice cream?
Twins question: Do you like making homemade ice cream? Do you stir or use an ice cream maker?
What do you like to make or drink on a hot day?
till next time,