we love technology: behind the scenes

Happy Monday friends!

We sure hope you enjoyed yourself over the weekend. We had a great sister bonding weekend as Gary was out of town having a guys weekend playing golf. We actually made a work goal for us to complete over the weekend… finish our next e-cookbook. Did we do it? YES. Well the first main draft of it is done. Now it is final proofing and any editing or style changes. Hopefully very soon we will be revealing this cookbook 🙂

Moving onto today’s topic.

We filmed a video of us describing what technology we use for our videos and photography. We share some behind the scenes action.

purely thoughts logo-01

There is no denying we live and breath technology. Our work is heavily based on it.

technology we love and use

We hope you enjoy the video of what we do behind the scenes.

our technology

Technology we currently have:

1 – D3000 Nikon Camera with 3 lenses – we use this camera when we take pictures of recipes for our blog and cookbooks

2 – Iphone and Ipad – we use the most to snap pictures of our daily eats, moves, and life, as well as connecting through twitter and instagram. Oh and TEXTING, haha.  Ipad we use for videos, social media, and lots of personal uses.

3 – Olloclip – We use this from time to time for videos off our iphone. Great option to travel with.

4 – Her0 3 camera – an affordable camera that shoots HD quality videos.  Very small camera making it perfect to take it with you anywhere to capture any moment at any second.

5 – Apple computer for editing photos and videos (not pictured)

6 – OWC Mercury Elite Pro external back-ups (not pictured)

We have no affiliation with any of the brands listed above, we just like them and use them regularly.

This technology above has allowed us to grow personally as well as grow our business and our blog –> we can instantly connect with someone via a picture, tweet, text, video and more.  Technology has allowed us to share our passions with the world. We are very blessed to be able to do what we do and play with the gadgets we have access to.

Technology has positively improved our lives in so many ways. We love being able to video chat with our family. We love being able to send a text message to a friend. We love being able to share what we are doing with our family, friends, and our purely fit community.

Love being able to capture special moments on the iPhone.

We love technology as it can make a huge difference, it sure has in our life. We are excited to see where the world of technology goes and how it will continue to change our day to day activities and how we connect with others. We are ALL surrounded by it all the time in this day in age.

joy using computer

Crazy to think that little kids now know what and how to work an iphone and computers. Here is our niece just 3 years old and is pretty darn comfortable with using it 😉

What will be next in the whole technology – social media world?

Twins question: How has technology changed your life? What is your favorite why to use technology?  What do you think is going to be the next big thing?

till next time,

L&M

purelytwins

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake August 26, 2013 - 9:15 am

Thanks for sharing! Always wondering what kind of camera you girls use

Hanna August 26, 2013 - 11:22 am

I love your recipes!! I will probably be ordering the cookbook soon. I have a suggestion though – could you consider making more grain free, nutritious breads? I found banana and chocolate gingerbread so far. I love making breads (fruit, chocolate, etc.) and would love to see more. 🙂

Lisa August 26, 2013 - 11:54 am

Ohh so interesting. I definitely would say technology has changed everyone’s life in some way since it’s such a huge thing in these day and ages, but for other people more. Like us bloggers. I still need to get better at using it since I’m not too great with my camera, and all that behind the scenes stuff but I do enjoy learning about it.

Laury August 26, 2013 - 1:35 pm

It is crazy to think HOW we ever lived without all of this technology before!!! Ella knows how to work the iPad better than we do..and she’s TWO! It’s insane!

I wish we had the same camera so you girls could give me tips! You both do know your way around your gadgets!

purelytwins August 26, 2013 - 3:54 pm

Laury haha well we are not even that good with the camera, but if we could help out we would 😉

Annette@FitnessPerks August 26, 2013 - 3:40 pm

I love the iphone too!! 🙂

p.s. aren’t sister bonding weekends the BEST?!

purelytwins August 26, 2013 - 3:54 pm

yes they are!!

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast August 26, 2013 - 9:39 pm

It’s fun to see what you use! I really need to take a basic photography class and branch out from my iphone. 🙂

purelytwins August 27, 2013 - 8:17 am

we should take a class as well, to help us learn our camera better 🙂

Sandra August 26, 2013 - 10:21 pm

I really enjoyed this! 🙂

purelytwins August 27, 2013 - 8:17 am

🙂 hugs

sandra August 27, 2013 - 8:20 am

Xoxo 🙂

Heather @ Better With Veggies August 27, 2013 - 2:42 pm

I love this roundup of some of your favorites!! I have a Canon, but otherwise use a lot of the same gear. I love the way technology helps me stay connected to friends & family I don’t live near (like you guys!). I can’t imagine not having it in my life! 🙂