killer 10 minute ab workout #purelyfitlife 25

Hey Purely Fit friends,

Ready to burn out those abs again with the purely twins?

Good. purely fit life 10 minutes to work abs

Looks like many of us like to work the abs for ten minutes. Ten minutes feels just long enough to really work that mid-section. Or for those that have 12 minutes you can try out our 12 minutes to rock hard abs – this workout has some of our favorite moves.

One question we get asked frequently (which we know other trainers probably do as well), can you work the abs every day or is it better to just work them a few times a week?

Great question. And one that, again, depending on who you ask will give a different response. We feel doing planks every day is great for building up core strength. And for these other AB routines that we create could technically be done every day if you really wanted to, but you do not have to. We even know some people who don’t really “work” the abs and they have amazing abs. So it varies person to person. Even working the core indirectly (compound movements like squats and push-ups) are great for toning the stomach.
ab workout with purelytwins

But for those that like to work their abs we’ve got the perfect KILLER 10 minute ab workout!

Again this workout is short and great to do after our 10 minute cardio or our 8 minute challenge making the perfect under 20 minute workout! Give it a try and let us know what you think!

Here is the workout breakdown: workout template

10 min ab routine- PFL 25 (click for printable) We suggest:

• A-fits (advanced peeps) : Use a heavy weight for the plank pulls.  You can repeat this workout twice to really burn out the abs.
  • B-fits (beginner peeps): Go at your own pace. Use light weights for the plank pulls. Do the push-ups on your knees.

Now it’s your time to workout with us!

We love working our abs! We love the strong feeling they provide us –> strong core –> helps us feel stronger inside and out.  Working the abs in all different ways is a great way to help get some ab definition. We personally enjoy doing different types of ab workouts like this one and our plank workouts. They work the full body while working the core.

Remember getting abs is more than just “working” them every day. Need a clean diet. Some HIIT cardio.

start today

Remember you cannot go back in time, you can only move forward. Begin your new journey today. It is NEVER too late to start a over. Remember to always #bepurelyyou and make each day count!

Twins Question: Do you like working your abs every day?

till next time,

Lori and Michelle

purelytwins

\

Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine August 26, 2013 - 5:56 pm

I work my abs and core everyday right when I wake-up! It’s an easy part of the body to work when you still aren’t at your full awakeness!

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves August 26, 2013 - 6:09 pm

This looks awesome! The knee-to-elbow plank/in and outs look fun 😉
I love quick yet effective ab workouts, and this certainly looks like it fits the bill!

purelytwins August 26, 2013 - 7:44 pm

thanks Allison, oh yes by the end those knee-elbow in and outs were burning 😉

Gis August 26, 2013 - 8:27 pm

I’ll give it a try one of these days. Love working my abs, I like the feeling I get when I do it. n.n
I mean, love working out and trying to overcome challenges, but the ones I like the most are abs.
Have done your plank workouts (as soon as I wake up, as warm up or just as a complete workout) and they’re awesome! Everytime I do them is different and yet let me feeling great and they’re definitely worth the effort 🙂

purelytwins August 26, 2013 - 8:47 pm

So happy to hear this Gis!!! yay!!

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables August 26, 2013 - 9:16 pm

I love working my abs with planks! I’m pretty good at working them in some form each time that I workout. However, I will never have a “flat” stomach. I’m just not built that way, but it is strong and that is what matters! 🙂

purelytwins August 27, 2013 - 8:16 am

🙂 yay for planks!!

Kim August 26, 2013 - 10:40 pm

Another great work!!
Yes – I try to do some type of ab work every day!!

purelytwins August 27, 2013 - 8:17 am

thanks Kim!!

Jojo @ RunFastEatLots August 26, 2013 - 10:47 pm

I don’t work my abs everyday, but the exercise I do works the core. I especially like trail running as a great core exercise!

purelytwins August 27, 2013 - 8:17 am

awesome Jojo!!

Taylor @ Liftingrevolution.com August 26, 2013 - 10:53 pm

Great workout! I’m not sure if I’ve ever done DB plank sliders! WIll have to change that tomorrow.

Cat August 27, 2013 - 8:14 am

Love this one – no equipment required is just my style! I do (usually!) try to get a plank sesh in every day, I was actually inspired by you girls doing the 5-minute ones – thanks for that! I’ve definitely improved since my first attempts 😉 Love switching it up with side planks and this kind of work out!

purelytwins August 27, 2013 - 8:18 am

awesome Cat so happy to hear this!!

Julie August 28, 2013 - 4:57 pm

Just did your ab workout (I love working the core)…not sure what was working harder, abs or arms! 🙂

purelytwins August 28, 2013 - 5:09 pm