what’s in our pantry and fridge #purelytalk

Hey friends!

Time for another Purely Talk episode.

purely talk-01

Today we are sharing what’s in our pantry and fridge.

Okay well, Michelle shows you hers…Lori’s is pretty similar. Hey we are twins after all 😉

twins pic

We thought this would be a great follow-up post to our food prep and meal planning video.

As you can see from the video we keep our pantry full of basic things. Nothing too fancy or crazy.

Pantry items like:

Baking supplies. Supplements. Spices. Gelatin. Sweeteners. Our favorite healthy fats.

ghee and coconut oil

Yep that is a lot of fat haha

And this is just for one of us.

#dontfearfat

Simple Fridge items like:

Veggies. Fruit (figs since they are in season and we love them). Local eggs. Fermented veggies. FCLO. Probiotic. Kombucha. Greens for juicing. Grass-fed meat.

cupboard-pantry

Hope you enjoy the video and seeing more of what our pantry and fridge look like these days. Our eats do change from time to time, season to season, so we might have to do more videos like this as they change 🙂

Want to see more of what we eat and why, check out these other post:

getting over the fear of eating healthy fats.

when to have carbs

why we eat plantains

overcoming night time (sweets) cravings

Remember we just eat simple meals with a focus on real, natural food as much as possible. We are NOT trying to fit into any diet molds. Just finding what foods, how much food, ratio of macros, etc. work for us.  Always #bepurelyyou.

Twins Question:  What is in your fridge? What is in your pantry?  DO you like seeing what others have in their pantry and/or fridge? What are your  Staple foods?

Our 6 staples are:

• coconut oil
  • greens for juicing
  • bananas
  • plantains
  • eggs
  • avocados

Have a great day!

Lori and Michelle

purelytwins

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves August 15, 2013 - 11:53 am

It’s interesting to see how people’s fridge/pantry staples are similar and different!
Some staples for our family include yogurt, milk, avocado, bananas, nut butter, spinach, whole grain bread, hummus, salmon, chicken, oatmeal, cereals, and eggs. Those things are almost always in the fridge/pantry!

Stacey@XOStacey August 15, 2013 - 12:59 pm

LOVE this post!

Stacey@XOStacey August 15, 2013 - 1:12 pm

LOVE this post!!

Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine August 15, 2013 - 2:36 pm

I love finding out what others love and always keep around. My staples are almond milk, sunflower seed butter, apples, almonds, and sweet potatos!

Jojo @ RunFastEatLots August 15, 2013 - 2:39 pm

Haha, it’s kinda creepy, but I like looking through people’s fridge and pantry to see what they have. It actually says a lot about a person…

Staples in my pantry include AP flour, WW flour (I make a lot of sourdough bread), a bunch of baking stuff, pasta (I love my carbs), big ol’ jar of nut butter, chia seeds, assorted nuts, canned tomatoes (for pasta/pizza), COFFEE.

In the fridge: sourdough starter (for bread, pizza, pancakes), arugula, jam, homemade soy milk, eggs, assorted veggies, cheese, olives… and a lot more!

purelytwins August 15, 2013 - 2:43 pm

no worries we are the same, we love seeing what others have too!! Oh yes coffee is a staple too, we forgot to mention that.

Lucie@FitSwissChick August 15, 2013 - 3:44 pm

I love seeing other people’s pantries 🙂
I always have chicken, eggs, spinach (and other veggies), berries, a nutbutter, coconut oil, Quinoa, glutenfree oats, lemon, ginger and apple vinegar ready.

Brooke August 15, 2013 - 4:47 pm

Your staples look a lot like mine! I don’t have a juicer, so my greens are for eating, plus zucchini for every meal :). Plantains aren’t always at my house, so I’d replace that with Nuttzo or almond butter. Yum.

Annette@FitnessPerks August 15, 2013 - 5:35 pm

I love coconut oil too!!

So fun to see others’ pantries & fridges 🙂

some staples: frozen berries, spinach, milk, quinoa, black beans, and chicken!

Allie August 15, 2013 - 7:23 pm

Hi there! This is my first visit. I popped over from Sweat the Sweet Stuff b/c you’re twins and I HAVE twins (4 year-old boys)…so of course I’m interested in *anything* twin related. I love all the food on your blog!! I’m not much of a cook but I have been known to bake…and the healthier, the better. I’m a trainer and fitness instructor so I’m always looking for recipes to give clients that are both delicious AND healthy. I’ll be back for sure…

purelytwins August 16, 2013 - 9:43 am

Thanks for stopping by 😉 yay for twins.

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete August 15, 2013 - 7:30 pm

Your pantry and fridge looks VERY similar to mine minus the kombucha. 😉 Unfortunately, my doc won’t let me drink that stuff yet! I’m happy that you guys feel comfortable sharing what you all like to eat. I also think it is sad that if you had put a “label” on how you eat, you might be attacked for it. One thing that I have learned on my journey to back to health is that one thing that may work for you may not work for someone else. How has your acne been doing? I’m waiting on mine to explode because I’m finally off the hormonal birth control, but everything is calm for now.

purelytwins August 16, 2013 - 9:44 am

Nicole skin is doing better. It still goes through stages. Thank you for your support 🙂

Maria@TheBrookynFig August 15, 2013 - 8:25 pm

Love those jars with the chalkboard labels!
My staples include some type of berries, chobani yogurt, nut butter, and granola.

Maggie @ Sunnyside Up Smile August 15, 2013 - 8:38 pm

Can’t wait to watch this video! I would say my faves include lentils, avocados, green for juicing, coconut oil, strawberries and oats 😉

Erin August 15, 2013 - 11:13 pm

Hi Ladies,

You are so amazing! You have great energy and big smiles. You keep me motivated to try new things. Thank you so very much!!! You have helped rejuvenate me. Since I have come across many new things, I would love to share some of them with you and was thinking of sending you some samples. Is that possible? I was not sure how it worked but figured I would ask.

Hugs,

Erin

Meagan August 16, 2013 - 8:47 pm

Fun!! My staples are apples, bananas, raisins, coconut flakes, coconut oil, ACV, eggs, avocados, baby carrots, other vegetables, onions!

The Delicate Place (@misathemeb) August 17, 2013 - 10:11 am

i try to mix up my greens every week but i always have some on hand. this week it’s tuscan kale and frozen spinach for smoothies on the go! i also keep raw nuts or seeds on hand—i don’t really have nut or seed butter jars ever in my pantry? maybe i just like the grab and go aspect of reaching in the bag i guess lol. i keep frozen berries or bananas in the freezer and lots of frozen veggies (peas, broc etc) since they are cheaper. fresh produce wise i try to stay in season and stock up with those. protein wise ALWAYS have eggs and fish and then rotate poultry or red meat in on an alternating schedule but obviously it’s flexible depending on if i eat at a restaurant known for their burgers or steak lol

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast August 18, 2013 - 5:05 pm

Such a great idea to do a peak inside your pantry- I’m always curious! Mine is similar- avocado, eggs and coconut oil top my list too… plus lots of bulk nuts, seeds, lentils, quinoa, canned tomatoes, coconut milk, salmon, etc.

Laura August 23, 2013 - 10:41 am

Nice video! I see that you use Tropical Traditions coconut oil. I keep wanting to order it but then I read reviews and people complain about the taste and smell. Do you think it is worth the extra money? I go thru a lot of coconut oil and want high quality. Thank you!

purelytwins August 23, 2013 - 10:45 am

so far we are loving Tropical Traditions, we haven’t noticed any funny taste or smell with ours. another good brand we like is Wilderness Family, we sometimes get their coconut oil and like it too.

Laura August 23, 2013 - 11:15 am

One more quick question… Is the large container difficult to open? Thx <3

purelytwins August 23, 2013 - 1:25 pm

Laura not bad at all, we use cut round the edges carefully with scissors and then pull up, sometimes it takes the both of us. But they do off an opener for it.

She Rocks Fitness August 26, 2013 - 11:50 am

Staple foods in my pantry are: nut butter, sweet potatoes, avocados, eggs, berries, coconut oil, and coffee! These are ALWAYS a must. I thought my jar of coconut oil was big, but yours tops the cake. LOL!

Hundewanderer September 11, 2013 - 1:29 am

I’m fairly new here and I’m loving your workout videos! I have so much to learn about healthy foods, what do you do with the coconut oil? It must be something good and plentiful to have such a large container of it.

What's in Cat's Kitchen? #01: Low FODMAP Foods - Cat Food is Good For You : Cat Food is Good For You January 14, 2014 - 8:32 am

[…] have in their kitchen. Recently I found myself peeking into Polly’s fridge, snooping around Lori and Michelle’s and I’m sure there have been many more. So I figure, if you’ve shown me yours, […]