why you should warm-up #purelyfitlife 22 warm-up routine

Howdy purelyfitters!!

Are you ready for another move-it-Monday #purelyfitlife workout? You better be 😉

Actually today’s workout is showing a basic warm-up routine that you can do before you do any of our other purely fit life workouts.

Ready to warm-up with us… time to get to it…

a simple warm-up routine

Warming up the body before you workout is very important.

Although we will admit we were not always the best at remembering to do one in the past but nowadays we always make sure to do something before exercising.

Why you should warm-up before exercising?

1. eases your body into workout activity mode — increases blood flow warms up those muscles which allows them to work better
  2. gets your circulation going –your circulatory system begins to open up more with this increased blood flow
  3. less chance of injury
  4. better agility to help you perform at your optimal level
  5. your heart rate will start to increase which begins to pump blood faster
  6. prepares your body and mind before getting into the workout hard core

Ever since we got into planking we love doing one of our many plank workouts as our warm-up. Which all of our Purely Power program friends know that and are getting to experience our love of planks!

If we aren’t doing planks or jump rope before our workouts here is a warm-up routine that we like to do.

And all you really need is about 5 minutes or so to get the body all warm and ready to workout!

warmup-purelyfitlife-22

warmup-purelyfitlife  (click for printable)

Hope you guys enjoy our simple warm-up routine.
Start off slow and each round move faster. Do as many rounds until you feel ready.

Twins question: What do you like to do for your warm-up?

till next time,xoxoL&Mpurelytwins

PS. If you like this workout and are looking for more great real time full length workouts that won’t take hours out of your busy day yet will give you amazing results: Join our online training club to start your fitness journey.

Annette@FitnessPerks August 5, 2013 - 6:29 pm

I agree-warming up is SO important! And is too often forgotten.

Great moves!

Lucie@FtiSwissChick August 6, 2013 - 4:13 am

YES for warm up! When I workout at the gym, my warm up is my 10 minutes bike ride – at home, I love to do some easy jumping rope and mobility exercises like squats and hip openers.

Didi August 6, 2013 - 4:15 am

I do a 100x jumping jacks then 20x kick ups. Do you stretch during your warm up?

purelytwins August 6, 2013 - 11:40 am

Didi sometimes, just depends on our mood for that day.

Taylor @ Liftingrevolution.com August 6, 2013 - 8:30 am

Warm ups are so crucial! But I won’t lie… I make my clients do a warm up every time we workout however, for my own workouts they are often neglected. I have gotten better over the past 6 months though, and generally start with some sort or run on the treadmill and then a few light body weight moves to mimic the workout ahead.

Alison August 6, 2013 - 11:44 am

I definitely need warmups! Otherwise, my body doesn’t feel quite ready to go full-force into my workout, and that results in sluggish-ness sometimes. Also, as a dancer, I’ve always been used to a good stretch and warmup before dancing.

Cathy August 6, 2013 - 12:41 pm

Thanks for the warm-up routine. I know warming up is so important but I don’t always know what to do. I will definitely use this routine!

Malvin August 6, 2013 - 2:31 pm

I do a plank or jump on a rebounder. It would be really great if you could also make a video about cool down. I usually forget to do it but when I do – I don’t really know what to do and how long is enough :(.

inga August 7, 2013 - 3:22 pm

I simply jog for half an hour or fourty minutes. Or I take 15 minutes on a stepper….maybe not the best for arms and core, but it works for me 🙂