dessert for dinner? yes or no

Hey luvs,

Sorry for the very late post, we enjoyed a very slow moving morning 🙂 Enjoyed sleeping in. Doing a little shopping at the farmers market. Then ran into a friend while we were getting some coffee at Whole Foods.

We had a great week full of great workouts and amazing eats! We sure hope you had a wonderful week too.

purpose of life is to enjoy it

Remember life is about enjoyment.

purelyfitness-logo

12 min plank wkout

ah forgot how much we love 12 minute plank workout

workout

HIIT cardio workout

15 minutes away from a good workout.

yoga

make it count

Make every workout count! Believe in yourself.

dont need a perfect body

Remember you don’t have to have a perfect body to feel great in it!

What is your goal?

For us – it is not to be the fittest or leanest person, but just feel good and happy in our bodies. Working out helps us feel confident.  This is why we workout. It is so important to feel strong on the inside. Love yourself – right now – every good (and bad) part.  #bepurelyyou

purely eats logo-01

breakfast

banana egg ghee sausage breakfast

Loving our local eggs and sausage! Enjoyed this meal a few times this week. Never gets old 😉
dinner

meals

Nothing too exciting going on with our eats, just enjoying the usual mix of foods like – green juice, eggs, baked plantains, and lots of plantain bread.

Although we have had a few meal highlights featuring our favorite ingredient – avocado.

mint chip avocado ice cream

We love mint chocolate chip avocado soft serve.

dessert for dinner

And one night we decided to have DESSERT for dinner

more mint chocolate chip avocado soft serve (which we added in gelatin and coconut oil) and enjoyed it with protein banana bread with ghee.

mint avocado ice cream cookies

Match made in heaven!

mint cookie sandwiches

Chocolate chip soft batch cookies with avocado mint chocolate chip soft serve.

Need we saying anything? haha this was much enjoyed this week…everyday too much ? haha

banana bread

mmm promise we are sharing this recipe very soon!! after making it 3 times we think we have it!

and crazy to think we are banana bread out. Is that possible?

cuteline3-01

purelyfit life inspiration

workout love

You guys are our inspiration!! Keep up the great work with all the #purelyfitlife workouts.

Now go and enjoy some dessert for dinner.  Maybe chocolate chip cookie skillet cake?

Remember ENJOY every MOMENT of your LIFE! You don’t have to be perfect. Just do your best. Have no regrets. Don’t look back, just keep looking forward!

Twins Question: Have you ever had dessert for dinner? What is your favorite dessert? Do you like ice cream?

Lori and Michelle

Maria@The_Brookyn_Fig August 3, 2013 - 1:45 pm

We had dessert for dinner last night! For lunch, we’d had a big meal, so we weren’t really that hungry for dinner and did a ton of yardwork instead. Around dinnertime, we decided froyo would do the trick!

purelytwins August 3, 2013 - 3:58 pm

Awesome Maria.

Danica @ It's Progression August 3, 2013 - 4:03 pm

I’m now highly considering having dessert for dinner tonight 🙂

purelytwins August 3, 2013 - 8:51 pm

Danica 😉

Lucie@FitSwissChick August 3, 2013 - 5:04 pm

I love dinner for dessert! My fave is to mix eggs with protein powder and cacao poweder, cook as a scramble and top with almond butter and choc chips. Yumm!

purelytwins August 3, 2013 - 8:51 pm

Lucia yum!

Lucie@FitSwissChick August 3, 2013 - 5:05 pm

Well. I meant dessert for dinner 🙂

Jojo @ RunFastEatLots August 3, 2013 - 5:56 pm

I’ve definitely had dessert for dinner before! When I was studying abroad in Germany, I loved going to the ice cream cafes and getting a huge sundae. They have really decadent, beautifully arranged sundaes, and one is definitely enough for a meal! I think half my diet was ice cream and the other half was chocolate 😉

purelytwins August 3, 2013 - 8:51 pm

Jojo – Nice 😉

Emily K. @ Leaf Parade August 3, 2013 - 6:22 pm

My big goal is to make every day a good and happy day. I want to feel strong and lean and fit just as much as the next girl, but, when it comes down to it, I just want to feel happy — joyful, even! When I have a really great workout, it’s effects make a big difference to me and to my day. It lifts me up and it keeps me up. I like that.
-Emily K.

Chris August 4, 2013 - 7:59 am

I love dessert anytime!!!! Dessert adds sweetness to life!!!!

Is the banana protein read recipe coming soon or did I miss a post? Is it egg free?

Mmmmm

purelytwins August 4, 2013 - 8:46 am

Chris we have not posted it yet. Hopefully next week. Yes egg free

Erica August 4, 2013 - 8:15 am

Glad y’all had such a great week! Um, yes- dessert for dinner is VERY necessary sometimes 🙂 Gotta go all out!!