baked skillet chocolate chip cookie cake recipe
Simple grain-free, gluten-free and egg-free baked cookie cake.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 inch cake 1x
- 2 large plantain (green/yellow), about 14oz after being peeled
- 1 large banana – about 3 oz after being peeled
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquid (or ghee or butter)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel plantain and banana.
- Place plantain and banana in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour puree into a large bowl and add in your remaining ingredients.
- Stir until combined.
- Pour into cast iron skillet that is lightly greased with coconut oil or ghee.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Cut and serve immediately.
You can bake in a regular baking dish about 10 inches.
Also for the arrowroot you can use one egg, or tapioca or potato starch.