Not only did we have a fabulous weekend full of yummy cupcakes and desserts, but we have a super delicious cookie recipe for you!
Are you ready? Who else loves soft-batch cookies?
Growing up it was a favorite store bought cookie of ours. Now today we have a homemade recipe for our beloved soft batch cookies.
Soft batch chocolate chip cookie recipe that is gluten-free, egg-free, grain-free and soy-free.
Not sure what it was about those cookies but all during high school we were obsessed. At volleyball camps we would always have those with us. Our best friend Alyson can attest to that as she loved them too.
Now these cookies we are sharing today are soft. They are our mock version of the soft batch chocolate chip cookies that we grew up loving.
Seriously the best soft cookies ever, right here.
These mock soft batch cookies are upgraded.
Upgraded to meet our current palate needs. No white flour… but plantains…yes. No white sugar…but plantains and coconut sugar as sweetness…yes. No fake butter….but a mix of coconut oil and ghee…yes.
We were screaming with excitement when these cookies came out of the oven.
How warm and soft these chocolate chip cookies were, just perfect! Melt-in-your-mouth.
Can’t stop after one cookie. Nope. Need a few 🙂
Friends now here are some soft batch chocolate chip cookies that are homemade. Made with extra love 🙂
With our upgraded ingredients we find these cookies to be the perfect soft, cake-like, yet dense cookie. Ready to get to baking? Hope so!
Here is our recipe for our newest cookie love.
And yes they are made from plantains if you were wondering. We are the #plantainqueens after all. It would be just wrong if we were not to create a cookie recipe with plantains in them. Plus we have to keep adding to our plantain love recipe collection.
There is no denying how much we love cookies and plantains. And putting them together…marvelous!Print
soft batch chocolate chip cookie recipe (egg-free, grain-free, gluten-free)
A healthy version of soft baked chocolate chip cookies using plantains and coconut sugar. Egg and grain free chocolate chip cookie recipe.
- Yield: makes about 14-16 cookies 1x
- 1 ripe plantain (black/brown/yellow) – about a medium to large -7 oz peeled
- 2 tablespoon arrowroot
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee (if using coconut oil, use more semi-solid)
- 2–3 tablespoon chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Peel plantain. Roughly chop and then puree in blender. Then add in remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Blend until batter is combined and smooth. Pour into a large bowl and stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookies onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and press cookies down. Makes about 14-16 cookies. Bakes 10-12 minutes.
Do yourself a favor and make yourself these soft batch plantain chocolate chip cookies.
Promise they will be worth it!
till next time,