sparks – cupcakes

sparked-interest

From us:

chia pudding

Enjoyed an old favorite – protein chia pudding

love your workout

Remember to LOVE who you ARE and LOVE your WORKOUTS.

Love this Raw Threads shirt.

plantain bread tahini protein sandwich

Enough said 😉  We love our plantain bread.

cookie cake slice

raw dessert

Enjoying way too many desserts lately…happy bellies.

Sure wish we could live off desserts!

jax at training

Proud momma 😉

party

Enjoyed a nice night with friends celebrating Gary’s birthday!

purely twins

Do we look alike?

michelle and wine

Love wine!

coconut cupcakes

Cannot be a birthday party without cupcakes right?

We made The Urban Poser’s coconut flour french pound cake with a simple buttercream frosting. Topped with chocolate chips.

cupcakes

We love CUPCAKES!

From around the internet world:

Black kitchen bliss – never thought we would like a black kitchen but this one is lovely

Overcoming hypothalamic amenorrhea  — great posts!

Are you as healthy as you think you are?

Antigravity yoga for stress and recovery — we hope to give it a try one day

Intermittent fasting

Smores french toast

How to pick the right exercise ball

Twins Question: How was your weekend? Do anything fun? What sparked your interest this past week?

Megan (The Lyons' Share) July 28, 2013 - 1:31 pm

I absolutely love that shirt!! (Love who you are and love your workouts). Where can I get one? Also love the “are you as healthy as you think you are” article … we all far into the comparison trap FAR too often!

purelytwins July 28, 2013 - 3:56 pm

thanks Megan, you can get one of the shirts here http://www.rawthreads.org/LoveWhoYouAreLoveYourWorkout-2.aspx 🙂
And yes that is a great article!!

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables July 28, 2013 - 4:13 pm

You girls are gorgeous! I am dying over your food… especially that tahini sandwich. I have got to try the plantain bread!

Sara @ fitcupcaker July 28, 2013 - 4:13 pm

I am making those cupcakes soon, they look amazing.

purelytwins July 28, 2013 - 4:34 pm

Sara they were so good.

Beth July 28, 2013 - 4:33 pm

can I have the recipe for the foods pictured in the pudding picture and also the banana/tahini plantain sandwhich, please? They look awesome. Happy birthday to Greg. You two ladies look so good.

purelytwins July 28, 2013 - 4:37 pm

Beth the recipe for the plantain sandwich will be coming soon – adn the protein chia pudding was just 1 tbsp chia 3 tbsp water to form a gel, then a scoop protein powder and a little more water. I added in 1/2 tsp spirulna and sprinkled with cinnamon and topped with a whole banana.

Meg @ A Dash of Meg July 28, 2013 - 5:30 pm

happy birthday Gary!! I had an awesome weekend! I just finished my GPP cert.!!!!

purelytwins July 28, 2013 - 9:00 pm

wahoo!!! congrats sis!!!

Sunnie Lim July 29, 2013 - 3:11 am

This might be a really long comment and it’s not even related to this post, but I feel like I have to say something!

I’ve been going through a really hard time ever since I got off birth control pills due to wanting to live a complete natural life. My skin was perfectly smooth and I never thought I would become a victim to adult acne in my mid 20s. For the past several months my skin has been erupting with HORRIBLE pimples and it’s coming to the point where I hate going out, I can’t even look people in the eye during conversations, I feel so self-conscious, and I basically want to cry every second. I remember reading a blog post a long long time ago on here about acne, but at the time i was still on bc pills so it didn’t really relate to me at the time. However, I just sat here looking through your acne posts and I just wanted to let you both know that you guys have given me so much hope even before I’ve gotten any results from this whole oil pulling thing. I’m so thankful for everything that you guys have posted about this sensitive topic and I just wanted to let you know that you’re helping people out SO much more than you may know. I’ve thrown a bunch of oils and essential oils together based off of research and tried it just now and I just feel so much better (even though I was kinda freaking out about putting oils on top of already oily skin haha). THANK YOU so much for helping me. You guys don’t even know. 🙂 🙂 <3 <3

purelytwins July 29, 2013 - 8:44 am

Sunnie awesome girl!!! so happy to hear you are seeing some good results with using oils. And thank you so much for your sweet words, that means the world to us!

Miz July 29, 2013 - 8:24 am

OH youve not tried antigravity yoga?!
you must.
it rocks!!!

purelytwins July 29, 2013 - 8:44 am

Miz – antigravity yoga? sounds interesting

Eating 4 Balance July 29, 2013 - 9:05 am

That black kitchen is simply gorgeous. And now I want a fancy chandelier to hang over my future home’s kitchen sink 🙂

Courtney July 29, 2013 - 11:08 am

Just some food for thought – I’ve read the Intermittent Fasting might not be appropriate for women because it puts us in a state of metabolic and adrenal stress. A majority of the tests have been done on men, rats, obese and post-menopausal women, and the tests done on female rats of reproductive age and average weight showed an increase in nighttime foraging habits, sluggish reproductive systems and weight gain. I’m not an expert, but I experimented with IF after reading all of these articles praising it (written by men). I experienced troubled sleep, weight gain, an unstable menstrual cycle and an increase in acne. Evolutionarily it makes sense. When I stopped IF my body went back to normal. Anyway, I’m not completely discouraging it, just trying to emphasize that we need to carefully test everything for ourselves.

purelytwins July 29, 2013 - 2:30 pm

Courtney thank you for sharing and we do agree. We do not do IF, just find it interesting concept.