Plantain love from around the world

We could not be any more happy to see so many of you enjoying plantains!

plantain bread making

plantain recipes

plantain bread

plantain love

best plantain love

chocolate plantain bread and figs

We love plantains, but seeing you guys loving them too just makes us love them even more!

Our plantains bread sure has been popular! What is not to love, right? A simple bread made from 2 things!

And not to be bias but seriously the best bread we have ever enjoyed. No need for any other ingredients, unless you want to jazz it up!

Avocado bacon sandwich

Bacon fig sandwich

Avocado bacon plantain sandwich

Baked whole plantains filled with goodies

Raspberry bread

Pancakes

Peach egg sandwich

Makes great pizza too

Um, ya we LOVE making recipes using plantians and love eating our beloved plantains.

cuteline3-01

Promise there is more to us than just plantains.

Things are good over here for us both. Still getting back into our normal routine after our mini family trip. We will be sharing more updates here soon. This week in our #purelyfitlife #purelypower program we are discussing macros! We share more of our personal things we are trying and thoughts on it.  We are still experimenting…keep finding what works for YOU. We are not too hardcore with keeping track of our macros, but it has been fun just experimenting. We will continue to share things that we have are worth your time to play around with.

Stick around as we will share more skin updates soon, our thoughts on constipation, and we have a fun video coming this Thursday for Purely Talk!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Twins Question: What is one food you are OBSESSED with? What is one food that you could eat everyday and not get sick of it?

L and M

lindsay July 16, 2013 - 11:45 am

you two started a plantain revolution! WOO!! now, if only i could try each one of these pics. sigh… love the obsession.

purelytwins July 16, 2013 - 1:54 pm

🙂 thanks sweetie!

Lisa July 16, 2013 - 11:55 am

Love it. People are really going crazy for the stuff. I just picked up my first plantain a few days ago. And I can’t wait to finally use it tonight! A little too pumped about it, I suppose;)
One food I’m pretty obsessed with is coconut butter, and kabocha squash. I love them both.

purelytwins July 16, 2013 - 1:55 pm

Lisa hope you like plantains 🙂 and oh yes coconut butter another favorite!! YUM

Mademoiselle B July 16, 2013 - 12:05 pm

I talked about it on my blog yesterday!

(I’m from Quebec city and I speak French)

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish July 16, 2013 - 12:18 pm

You ladies have started a plantain movement!! I’ve been meaning to jump on board for a few weeks now, and promise that it WILL happen! I ate plantains at nearly every meal the summer I was living in Costa Rica, and absolutely fell in love with them – they’re so satisfying and versatile!

I’ve been obsessed with both avocado and pumpkin for several years, and don’t think those obsessions will be changing any time soon. 😉 I eat both nearly every day, and they never cease to be amazing!

Huge hugs! <3 xoxoxo

purelytwins July 16, 2013 - 1:56 pm

we are obsessed with avocado as well, that obsession is not going anywhere either 😉 HUGS

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table July 16, 2013 - 3:08 pm

Ok, ok!!! I’m going to try it. As soon as I get back from Napa. 😉

purelytwins July 16, 2013 - 5:21 pm

haha good 😉

Maya July 16, 2013 - 3:18 pm

Find out more about me! Old School Survey Tag http://superfoodbabe.wordpress.com/2013/07/16/old-school-survey/

Caitlin July 16, 2013 - 4:24 pm

i totally think of you two whenever i hear the word “plantain” at this point! i haven’t tried any of your plantain recipes or cooking w/them on my own. but if i see plantains out at a restaurant i almost always have to get them because they seem special.
i could probably eat a salad every day. actually i know i could, because i do! same goes for bananas..pb…plain cho…

purelytwins July 16, 2013 - 5:23 pm

haha love it 😉

Maggie @ Sunnyside Up Smile July 16, 2013 - 5:18 pm

I am totally obsessed with oatmeal. I could eat it for every meal and never tire of it. I’m having a tough time right now because I’m cleansing so I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to have my oatmeal 😉

amanda jewell July 17, 2013 - 12:16 am

Purelytwins Plantaination?

(Plaintain + nation)

🙂

purelytwins July 17, 2013 - 9:47 am

haha love it!!!

Lucie@FtiSwissChick July 17, 2013 - 3:56 am

I spotted a plantain the other day in the supermarket, I can NOT wait to go and get it and try a recipe of yours!!
I definitely can not live without blueberries, eggs and coconut/almond butter 🙂

kate July 17, 2013 - 8:36 am

I apologize if you have mentioned this already, but I am vegan and am wondering if using 2 flax or chia “eggs” would work in the recipe. What do you think? Thanks!

Taylor @ liftingrevolution July 17, 2013 - 8:43 am

Wow this is so cool! I have got to get with it and grab some plantains!! You it’s should be really proud! Foodie trend setters

Miz July 17, 2013 - 8:44 am

SALMON SALMON SALMON.

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast July 17, 2013 - 9:33 am

This is by far the grain-free bread I am most excited about… it’s still on my must-make list! Hopefully this week?

Heather July 17, 2013 - 10:54 am

Loving plantains right now too!! The one food I can and do eat everyday (and need to stop) is almond butter! Once I have a taste I can’t stop!!

Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate July 20, 2013 - 7:31 pm

Thanks for the shout out, the plantain love is spreading! 😉

purelytwins July 20, 2013 - 7:47 pm

wahoo 🙂 love seeing that!! HUGS

Lisa July 26, 2013 - 10:52 pm

Why plantains ? I’m from uk and we never see them, aren’t they high GI index and cause insulin release?

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 20, 2013 - 8:03 pm

That’s it?!? How have I missed this creation. Must buy plantains tomorrow! Thanks girls. 🙂

purelytwins August 20, 2013 - 8:07 pm

😉

Kristen September 20, 2013 - 2:49 pm

I’m sure it’s already in here somewhere but…what size pan and how do I know when I plantain is ripe?? Thx!!!

purelytwins September 20, 2013 - 8:41 pm

Kristen you can use any size pan really, we use an 8 in circle pan. But have used a square pan too. The size of them will determine how thin it gets. And check out our video about plantains where we discuss the difference ripness of a plantain http://bit.ly/1bMPzHE

Strange But Good: Plantain Ginger Protein Bread | Sprint 2 the Table September 20, 2016 - 11:43 am

[…] I say the Purely Twins’ Plantain Bread I couldn’t wait to whip up a protein-laced version of my […]