Another pancake recipe but with a twist!
No flour, no sugar added BAKED mini tahini plantain pancake recipe
We have been craving some tahini, so we decided to make some up.
Made the recipe even more simple than the first time we shared how to make raw tahini.Print
easy homemade raw tahini
Healthy easy way to make homemade tahini with no added oils.
- Yield: about 2 cups of tahini 1x
- 1 1/3 cups raw sesame seeds
- juice of 2 whole lemons
- 1 tsp sea salt
- enough water to get desired consistency (we did about 6-8tbsp)
- We soaked the sesame seeds for a few hours, then rinsed them and placed into Vitamix blender. Blended it up a little then added in some water and juice of lemons,and sea salt. Continued blending until smooth. It takes some time as it is pretty thick to work with it.
- Add more or less salt to your taste. Can add in some fresh herbs if you would like to flavor it.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Since we kept our seeds raw and wet from soaking, the shelf life will be shorter. So freeze if you are not going to eat it all within 5-7 days.
Simple homemade tahini recipe made with no added oils.
We love tahini! Do you?
This tahini recipe is pretty basic since we did not roast the sesame seeds. If you prefer more flavor, we recommend roasting them before blending into tahini.
Now for the mini baked pancake recipe!
Yesterday we shared a preview of on facebook, twitter, and instagram of the recipe going up today — and some of your came very very close to guessing what this recipe was made out of! Actually think some of you did get it right 😉 you know us all too well
Today’s recipe was a HUGE hit…what is not to love about tahini, figs, and pancakes?? Right
When we made the pancakes it made a lot of batter and we did not feel like waiting for each individual pancake to cook up on skillet. Yes we get lazy sometimes in the kitchen. So we BAKED these pancakes!!
And it worked perfectly.
Making baked pancakes is a time saver.
Think this might be our new way of making pancakes, haha. Well, it is great if you are making large batches and do not want to stand all day flipping them. Great way to make pancakes in a snap as ours only baked for 8 minutes.
Baked mini tahini plantain pancakes (no gluten, dairy, grain, no sugar)
Baked pancake recipe that is free of gluten, grains, dairy, and sugar. Made with natural ingredients eggs, tahini, and plantains.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 36 mini pancakes 1x
- 2 large eggs (we used duck eggs)
- 1 yellow/black plantains (7 oz)
- 1/2 cup tahini (homemade)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Peel the plantain and weigh it out. Then roughly chop it up and place into blender. Next add in eggs, tahini, cinnamon, vanilla, and baking soda. Blend till smooth.
- Scoop pancakes onto cookie trays and bake for about 7-8 minutes. We made ours as mini pancakes, so size and amount will vary.
We did top these baked mini pancakes with a drizzle of maple, for a dash of sweetness 😉
Perfect meal anytime of the day!
Twins Question: Do you like mini things – desserts, cookies, pancakes? Ever bake pancakes before?
have a great day!
L and M