green crepes with fresh fruit and health update

Howdy friends!

How is everyone doing today? Is the weather good in your neck of the woods? We hope so. We have been experiencing scattered rain showers but still having nice hot days too.

Since we tend to eat almost the same things everyday, we like to try to jazz things up from time to time. Even though we love our typical eats, and we love food, it is still fun for us to create fun meals. Anyone else?

We made some green crepes and topped them off with fresh banana slices and of course figs! More on that below.

purelyfitness-logo

no time workout michelle

Yesterday we did our PurelyFitLife workout  – when you’ve no time to workout workout!

Perfect as we had a VERY busy day yesterday but wanted to move the body.

loris no time exercise at home

Both of us are working hard each day with our workouts and keeping on track with our clean eats to get the results we want. One way we respect our bodies is by exercising and eating whole foods (and figuring out what foods our bodies like best).  Remember to RESPECT your body as it’s the only one you get!

Find the balance in life that makes you happy inside and out. Respect yourself to do the things you love to do and nourish your body with good, clean food.

cuteline3-01

purely eats logo-01

green crepes grainfree with eggs

Michelle came over to my place for us to work on our new purely fit life program so when we get together we tend to always want to play in the kitchen. We did not mean to make these green crepes it was kinda of a last minute idea. Brillant idea if I may so say!

green crepes together

We also were having a high carb kind of day so we topped our green crepes with fresh banana slices and figs! And a runny egg yolk to top it all off!

grain free crepes with figs and bananas

Here is what we did for our green crepes:

• couple handfuls of spinach
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 really ripe banana
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil

Blend everything in the blender.

Have a warm-hot skillet with a little oil ready to start making the crepes. These were more thin like crepes, instead of our usual pancakes we enjoy.

They were good. It was again fun for us to eat our typical eggs, green and some fruit a little differently.

plantain bread

Continuing on with our love to play in the kitchen we decided to try something new with our plantain bread. We added in some goat kefir. And it came out great. Love adding in that little bit of healthy fats and probiotic.

plantain chia jam

Not the best picture, sorry about that. Guess we were in a hurry to eat it and did not waste too much time taking pics.  We topped our kefir plantain bread with a goat kefir chia spread that we mixed in spirulina in. And topped with more figs.

lori eating clean lunch

Delicious. Enjoyed every bite. Again it was fun to have something a little different for our lunch. It is nice to mix things up.

working on our dream

We’ve been so productive and busy with creating a new workout program. It will start in July. We will be sharing all the details here very soon! We hope you all like it as we are really excited about it.

mahi spinach parsnip dinner

Dinner we kept basic with mahi mahi, raw mushrooms and spinach, steamed parsnips, ghee and black lava sea salt. We are trying to eat more raw veggies to see how our bodies handle them. Even though we really enjoy cooking most of food sometimes you just want a raw veggie, and don’t feel like cooking. Probably the heat talking to us.

brown rice thin mints dessert

Late evening it was time for some protein thin mints cookies that I made the other day. We made it with carob and perfect fit brown rice protein. A lovely night-time snack.

Quick Update: It has been a few days since Michelle has had avocados and I took a little break from them as well. But Michelle’s skin is still going through moments of bad eczema and then the itching goes away, then it happens all over again. We are thinking that avocados might not be the culprit. Well she is really praying they aren’t 😉  I am going through a little breakout, which I know is from PCOS and hormones not back to normal. It is a work in progress. Lot’s of little pimples, that came quick, favoring my jaw line and lower check. I do have two larger ones coming under skin up by top of nose/eye area. The reason I am mentioning this is because I was just pimple free for a few days, and then these literally came over night. Very weird. Really that is all I can say.

We are both at a point where we are physically feeling great (digestion good, energy good, sleep good) but our skin still giving us problems from time to time. There are moments when we just think this is how we are…always have skin issues, maybe they cannot be cured 100%…but we are trying to stay positive. Take one day at time. And trying to just learn and not stress.  We are still going to play around with things until we figure things out. We will not give up.

Source: instagram.com via Purely on Pinterest

Our motivation for the day!

Twins Question: Do you like crepes? Ever make them? What fresh fruit are you enjoying lately?

Have a great Wednesday!

love

L and M

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) June 19, 2013 - 11:28 am

Positive positive positive! I love that despite the mad stuff, you two always keep your best foot forward! LOVE crepes and don’t make them nearly enough! Sorry about the eczema and the breakouts. I’m having an issue with that too and honestly, I’m thinking mine is more based on the humidity outside with allergens and possibly season mold in the air from the damp hot air? I’m kind of a repeat food offender and know that my diet really doesn’t change drastically that often so I don’t think mine is diet related, but who knows. Hopefully you two can get that figured out soon!

purelytwins June 19, 2013 - 11:54 am

thanks sweetie!!! ya the change in weather could be a culprit too, so many things to think about when dealing with skin issues!
But we are doing our best to stay positive and know that we will figure it out. It’s a journey!

jodye @ chocolate and chou flour June 19, 2013 - 12:05 pm

The fresh figs on your crepes and plantain bread look so wonderful, great combinations! I pray for you, too, that avocados aren’t the culprit! Way to stay positive through all of the struggles. I know you’ll figure it out, with plenty of great food along the way.

purelytwins June 19, 2013 - 5:20 pm

thank you Jody! yes we are praying haha

Christa @ Edible Balance June 19, 2013 - 1:00 pm

my mom used to make crepes ALL the time when I was growing up… I miss them, it’s been hard to find a good recipe that measures up, especially without eggs. These look delicious! And the kefir version of plantain bread and the carob thin mints look great too 🙂

I’ve finally been able to notice a difference in my skin lately. Ever since the Blend Retreat and then with reintroducing a little bit of meat my skin has been awful! The last few days it’s been clearing up and not so many tiny bumps. Hopefully this is the beginning of finally healing, we’ll see how it goes. Sometimes the few pimples just means a cycle is happening, nothing more. Sounds like that might be the case for you since it’s come up so quickly.

Crossing fingers for you that it’s not the avocados!! Looking forward to seeing the new workout routine for July! Love you both, and sending hugs your way xoxo

purelytwins June 19, 2013 - 5:26 pm

thanks sweetie!!! we are soooo happy that your skin is starting to clear up we know what a LONG journey that can be!! Fingers crossed that this is just a little bump and detox in a way and things will return to normal of us around here 🙂
sending hugs right back at ya!! love ya girl

jen June 19, 2013 - 1:15 pm

You two are awesome. It really is always a work in progress. Things are never 100% perfect. You just gotta trust that your bodies know what to do 🙂 Now that my skin is calming down, my digestion is flaring up. But as you said, staying positive is key 🙂 🙂

purelytwins June 19, 2013 - 5:23 pm

thanks Jen! good luck with your journey- sending good vibes your way!!! hopefully things calm down for you soon HUGS

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables June 19, 2013 - 8:39 pm

Those crepes do look amazing! Sometimes breakouts can happen as hormones change, so maybe this is a good sign?? I’m praying so. I have been very broken out too lately, and I’m just hoping that it means that my hormones are kicking in

purelytwins June 19, 2013 - 9:57 pm

let’s hope so 🙂 damn hormones c’mon get your act together haha
HUGS beautiful!

GiGi Eats Celebrities June 20, 2013 - 12:33 am

I used to make egg crepes…. That is, until my doc told me I can no longer eat eggs – BLAH!!! 🙁

purelytwins June 20, 2013 - 8:23 am

sorry!! maybe one day you can have eggs again 🙂 HUGS

Maggie @ Sunnyside Up Smile June 20, 2013 - 12:48 am

These crepes look super tasty! I will make them as soon as I finish my overnight oats kick 😉 I used to make crepes and pancakes all the time so this will be a great recipe to try! I’ve been enjoying a lot of berries and peaches lately. The peaches are so good during summertime! I’m going to do some experimenting with avocado. I’ve been eating it every day and I think it makes me breakout 🙁 I will miss my avocado.

purelytwins June 20, 2013 - 8:24 am

sorry to hear that you may think avocados are giving you problems, no fun! hopefully through your experiment you will figure things out!! HUGS xoxo

Taylor @ Liftingrevolution.com June 20, 2013 - 6:50 am

Can’t wait to learn more about the workouts! I love crepes, but no, I have never made them! Fingers crossed avocados aren’t to blame, those are far too delicious! Right now I am loving peaches and cherries!

purelytwins June 20, 2013 - 8:24 am

we need to get into liking cherries, we only really like them in smoothies 😉

Chasidy Osick June 20, 2013 - 8:56 am

Looks really awesome! I’ve never seen so spectacular looking crepes 🙂

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables June 20, 2013 - 9:52 am

You girls are such an inspiration! Not just with your eats and your workouts, but with your business, and following your passions! Keep it up, ladies! (And pass me some green crepes 😉 haha)

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast June 20, 2013 - 11:22 am

Your crepes look awesome! Hope you continue to figure out the skin issues (and fingers crossed it’s not avocado!) 🙂

purelytwins June 20, 2013 - 5:41 pm

Kierston @candyfit June 20, 2013 - 1:35 pm

I LOVE Green Pancakes! Love the addition of the banana! Yum!

Lisa June 20, 2013 - 5:00 pm

Those crepes look amazing! I always love the looks of green food 🙂
You girls are doing amazing, I know breakouts can be tough, but trust me you CAN have amazing skin! Everyone is capable of getting it, it’s just a matter of finding out what needs to change within your diet, lifestyle, or other things that can contribute to skin.
You should look into silk pillowcases! They helped my skin a lot, and of course washing them every 3-4 days, and also making sure you use a different and clean towel everytime you wash your face and of course wiping down cell phones with some antibacterial stuff. Those are just little tips that really helped me with some final stages of skin care. And um, that was a novel. Sorry;)

purelytwins June 20, 2013 - 5:43 pm

thanks Lisa those are great tips!! I will have to look into silk pillowcases! HUGS

Beth June 20, 2013 - 8:17 pm

You women eat a lot of bananas. Aren’t they constipating for you?

purelytwins June 21, 2013 - 9:22 am

well we don’t feel we eat that many bananas usually one a day, and no they do not make us constipated.

Kaila (@MissSkinnyGenes) June 20, 2013 - 11:03 pm

Have you guys looked into functional medicine at all? I’m going to see a doc in my area because I’m tired of experimenting by myself to no avail…I figure that the expense will be worth it if I’m actually able to have someone work with me to find the answers, although I don’t know how efficacious it will be until I actually go and give it a shot.

So much luck with the acne issues…I’m rooting for you guys (and hoping that Michelle can eat avocados again soon hehe)

purelytwins June 21, 2013 - 9:28 am

never looked into it before, sounds interesting, keep us updated!! HUGS

Joy June 21, 2013 - 2:31 am

Oooh your crepes look great and make me really want to make some 🙂

Lori June 22, 2013 - 9:17 am

I am so glad that i am not the only one breaking out. I keep thinking its food but I’m wondering about PCOS. I have been doing research on it as well. Good luck! it’s frustrating but I love your positive outlook. Crepes look great!

purelytwins June 22, 2013 - 12:28 pm

Yes Lori (great name BTW) you’re not along with breaking out. I am still struggling with breakouts from time to time due to my PCOS. Still trying to heal my hormone problems.

Heidi June 24, 2013 - 1:14 am

I am somewhat new to your website, but really enjoy the recipes, workouts, etc….Regarding your skin issues, do they seem to fluctuate with the weather at all? I am an incredibly allergic person. I have a small handful of foods that I am able to eat (your website has given me a lot of new ideas that really jazz up my limited diet). I have battled with eczema on and off my entire life, having to practically bathe in steroid cream as a kid. I still have issues with it now, but they seem much more related to things I come in contact with or the weather than what I eat. I grew up in NY, and if I visit in the spring or summer, the eczema comes raging back (humidity, mold spores in the air, pollen, etc…) even though I eat EXACTLY The same as I do at home in Flagstaff, AZ. Just wondering whether your skin issues have very much to do with your diet? The hormones however are a completely different animal 🙂 Anyway, thank you for all of your great information and sharing.

purelytwins June 24, 2013 - 9:10 am

Heidi yes we do think eczema is related to weather! Just trying to avoid things in diet if it just makes it worse.

Heidi June 25, 2013 - 12:13 am

I completely understand that! I did not read through all the posts, so forgive me if this is repetitive, but do you have a known allergy to mold? I only ask because I noticed a recent post about eating fresh mushrooms, and also that you have recently learned about the potential for allergy cross reactions. If you are interested, and have a minute, check out this link. It specifically addresses the possible mold cross reactions. I personally have to be extremely careful with all of these (as well as many of the other pollen/food cross reactions). Anyway, mushrooms (as any other fungus) are at the top of the avoid list if you do have mold allergy. I wish you the best, and SO understand!

purelytwins June 25, 2013 - 8:04 am

thanks girl for sharing, yes I do have an issue with mold, and you’re right I should be more careful with eating mushrooms. haha not sure why I did not realize that 😉 silly me. thanks for the link I will check it out.

Julia June 29, 2013 - 1:37 pm

How much goat kefir did you at to the pancakes and at what point? Doesn’t the heat kill the probiotics anyways? Can’t wait to try…thx

purelytwins June 29, 2013 - 1:58 pm

Julia think we did about 1/4 cup kefir.