fuel food and Jax wants some healthy bites

Howdy luvs!

We are so happy to see everyone liking our newest #purelyfitlife workout! It’s a killer 🙂 Promise if you work hard you will get the most out of the workout! Again let us know if you do any of our workouts, we love seeing you guys in action. Keep it up!

purelyfitness-logo

michelle doing toneitup bikini series

Yesterday we did the beautiful Tone it Up St. Tropez beach body routine. Love the routine and seriously love their swimsuits.  This workout is part of their #bikiniseries which we signed up for but did a poor job at keeping up with some of their workouts. They always do such an amazing job with their fitness series – true inspiration for us! And their second Beach Babe dvd is available now! We can’t wait to get our copy.

tone it up girls bikini series

cuteline3-01

purely eats logo-01

powerful green juice to start the day

Our fuel first thing in the morning while we make the rest of our body fueling breakfast. Green juice is the same we have been doing for awhile now – kale, cucumber, fresh basil or mint, ginger, and romaine.

red raspberries with eggs

Other part of our breakfast to get us fueled for the day. Eggs, ghee, coconut oil and raspberries.

eating red raspberries

Today’s challenge is 5 minute plank!

eating plantain pancake

As we were eating our breakfast bowl we looked at each other and said we need a plantain pancake to wipe the bowl 😉 Brillant ladies!

More yummy carbs for fuel!

post workout meal of liver meatballs for iron

Later we enjoyed some homemade beef liver meatballs with thinly sliced zucchini and white rice along with some coconut oil. We usually try to enjoy liver about once a week, sometimes twice depending on our workout schedule. As we like to incorporate liver into our diet for the health benefits like iron, vitamin A (among other vitamins), and good for us to eat to help with our gut healing.

Liver is a great superfood for fueling the body (in our opinion).

baked salmon with greens for dinner

We both got hungry early, so we made our dinner on the early side. Baked salmon, with raw spinach, steamed brussel sprouts, coconut oil and black lava sea salt.

Healthy fats and spinach for more fuel for the body!

salmon with raw spinach and brussel sprouts with coconut oil

SO good. It has been a few days at least since we have enjoyed brussel sprouts. We avoided them for awhile to see if eating less fiberous veggies helped our digestion and bowel movements. And it did! As we have learned that high fiber can cause more issues in the gut if you’re already constipated or inflamed.  But we wanted to experiment with having them again to see how we did, as we missed them.  And we both seemed to digest this meal well. No major complaints 🙂

duck egg carob pancake grain-free

Later we enjoyed a duck egg based carob pancake with some coconut oil and psyllium husk.

what a duck egg yolk looks like

Love how large duck eggs yolks are!  Another great fuel source!

duck egg with psyllium husk and carob pancake

Perfect little fuel sweet snack!

eating healthy bite dessert

Late evening fuel was some grain-free healthy bites!

After we both ate some we texted each other and said how hard it was not to finish off the bag 🙂

And apparently Jax even knew they were supper yummy and wanted some. Next time Jax.  Hey Lindsay think Jax would make a great customer haha.

Now that was a day full of yummy FUEL foods that keep our bodies going everyday. A little bit of this and a little bit of that.

Fuel foods that works for us currently.

cuteline3-01

pfchallenge

Love seeing all the #PFChallenge check-ins!

pancakes sunday love

Keep it up everyone!!

shoutouts

Loving all the pancakes and plantain love!! Love our Purely Fit Life community.

Twins question: What is your favorite fuel food? What is your go-to fuel snack? Anyone else’s pets stare at them when eating something?

Did anyone else eat something red yesterday for our little challenge? Better see you guys trying 5 minute plank!

till next time,

L&M

purelytwins

Lisa June 18, 2013 - 10:08 am

Love my green juice in the mornings too, it always feels so amazing to drink a refreshing glass. And I swear you get instant energy.
Love all the foods you’re eating. I definitely had to avoid brussels sprouts and some other high fiber foods for a while because of tummy troubles too, but with moderation, it seems I can eat them again. I just have to be careful not to overdue it. It’s funny how we can actually get troubles from too many veggies.
My favorite fuel foods are definitely buckwheat, bananas, coconut oil and butter, kabocha squash. Hm, I could go on for a while 😉

Sam June 18, 2013 - 11:17 am

Girls I Love your food, just question I see almost every day kind of fish like salmon or tuna or other, so dont you think your diet might be too high in omega3?

We had berries too for our brekafast.

Favorite fuel, green juice, coconut oil, egg yolk, raw goat cheese….

purelytwins June 18, 2013 - 3:38 pm

we never really thought about that before. guess something we will monitor.
love your fuel foods!

zosia June 18, 2013 - 11:30 pm

too much omega 3 is not a concern…

too much omega 6 –> yeah, that’s shtt’s an issue

Victoria June 18, 2013 - 11:18 am

Jax face!! He kills me. So cute.
My kitty was eyeing my plantain chips and pulled pork last night… she didn’t get any though. Little begger!
Yesterday I ate some strawberries for my red food! So glad they’re in season!

purelytwins June 18, 2013 - 3:39 pm

haha too cute!
yay for fresh strawberries!

Jillienne@ChasingRaspberries June 18, 2013 - 11:51 am

I love frozen raspberries in my OverNight Oats (ONOs). I’ll have to try them with eggs too!

@MissSkinnyGenes June 18, 2013 - 11:59 am

I don’t know how you guys managed to cut out brussels sprouts, even for a little while. They are my absolute favorite vegetable… Roast them in olive oil, and I’m a happy camper.

I’m anxious to try duck eggs–do you notice a taste difference at all? Where do you find them?

purelytwins June 18, 2013 - 3:40 pm

we get our duck eggs from a local farmer who sells them, so might have to search around your local area.
we find that they taste very similar to chicken eggs with just a richer, fatter feeling to them.

Christa @ Edible Balance June 18, 2013 - 1:12 pm

Healthy Bites for pets?? Brilliant! 🙂

I have been LOVING all the plantain recipes (obviously!), my go to food fuel changes so much these days. I wish I could get back to smoothies, I miss them so much! Maybe I should think of ways to make them without fruit, and use sweet potato, avocado, etc. Or I should give green juice a go again, it’s been a while and I don’t have to add fruit to those.

purelytwins June 18, 2013 - 3:41 pm

ya try green juice again- we have been loving it. and yes avocado based smoothies are great was well, maybe some of of both, mix it up 🙂
HUGS

lindsay June 18, 2013 - 1:46 pm

haha, i think so! Him and Sadie would be the great spokes(doggies) too. I need a healthy bite for dogs! Yes?

purelytwins June 18, 2013 - 3:41 pm

Taylor @ Liftingrevolution.com June 18, 2013 - 3:12 pm

Looks like a great day! I am drinking a raspberry mango shake as I type so there is my something red! Love Lindsay’s bites!

sara June 18, 2013 - 5:13 pm

I tried your 300 rep sliding workout this morning (didn’t feel up to the challenge of today’s tabata after being sick since friday). It was a nice low-impact challenge to get me moving!

My dogs are the worst for begging! If they hear, smell , or see food, they are right at your feet with those hungry eyes and mouths drooling. Haha, gotta love them though 😉

I think I ate a strawberry popsicle yesterday, does that count for the challenge? hehe

purelytwins June 18, 2013 - 6:37 pm

yes that counts 🙂
glad to hear that you enjoyed our 300 rep workout!!! xoxo

McKel Hill, MS, RD, LDN | Nutrition Stripped June 18, 2013 - 5:36 pm

My fuel food is for sure a green smoothie (The Stripped Smoothie) with extra bananas when I’m feeling the need for more energy. Also, my dog totally stares at me when I eat it (that and carrots…?) haha. Thanks for sharing!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) June 18, 2013 - 6:01 pm

Food is fuel! YES!!! I find that eating a variety of whole foods works best for me. Love that Jax wants the healthy bites. Our little black cat always wants chicken since that how we lured her in when she was feral.

5 minute planks today! I’m gonna recruit the boys to do this one with me today!

purelytwins June 18, 2013 - 6:39 pm

wahoo! yay!!

Miz June 19, 2013 - 7:55 am

I had totally forgotten the PET STARE!!!
until this weekend 🙂

purelytwins June 19, 2013 - 8:49 am

xoxo 🙂

Sandra November 22, 2013 - 11:29 am

Hey chicas! do u still eat duck eggs?

purelytwins November 23, 2013 - 7:39 am

We don’t, as the farmer we bought them from stopped selling them as she was running out of supply. We miss them. Hopefully we can find some again to enjoy.