high fat day

Hey friends!

After a crazy stormy Monday, yesterday was a beautiful hot sunny summer day. Loved it. We were able to be super productive in the morning with videos and planning out a new program for July (fitness related). After a busy morning and early afternoon we had time to squeeze in a nice walk with Jax late in the afternoon. Whenever we get a chance to get outside we do!  Need that natural vitamin D 🙂

Moving on to our workout and eats from yesterday.

purelyfitness-logo

arm bust out

We both wanted to burn out the upper body.

We did #purelyfitlife workout #7 – upper body bust out along with warming up the body with 5 minute plank.

michelle arm bust out

Ended our morning workout with 5 minutes of stretching.

things we tell ourselves everyday – believe and that it’s never too late to turn your life around! Two things we strongly believe in – you have to believe (have faith and confidence) and realize that it’s never too late to change!

cuteline3-01

purely eats logo-01

vizsla sleeping in bed

Lori: Jax resting as I take my morning supplements and watches me as I make my breakfast. Silly vizsla 😉

eggs spinch ghee bananas

I am still in love with this breakfast. Typical way for me to start the day. Missing the green juices which I will get back into making. But having sautéed greens are nice too.

m breakfast bowl

Michelle: My morning started with lemon tea water followed my morning supplements and then this beautiful bowl of yumminess. Eggs and spinach cooked in ghee with a banana. Topped with cinnamon and homemade sauerkraut (which we need to give an update on how we make it now).

new egg free grain free pancakes

Did more grain-free egg-free pancakes experiments – another success.  Well we think it was a success.

chia seed grain free pancakes

This one was done with chia seeds. A little different in texture compared to a ‘regular style’ pancakes but we enjoyed it!!!

more lunch plates

We happily enjoyed our newest pancakes along with some baked salmon and coconut oil.  Perfect protein to fats to carbs kind of meal. It might look strange but it was yummy.

50 mountain climbers

Late afternoon we did our 50 mountain climbers for our  June #PFChallenge.

Anyone else do theirs?

dinner 1

Dinner was very simple. Local grass-fed burger with sautéed greens and raw spiralized zucchini with lots of fat (coconut oil and ghee).

dinner plate m

It was a high fat kind of day for us. Well most of our days seem to be high fat but we are playing around with even more fats to see what happens. We each had 2 tbsp of coconut oil on our dinner, and we never felt better! Both of us had NO tummy issues or any complaints. Felt great, even had a boost of energy!

Many of you have requested more about our macros. And we what to share but don’t want to cause any comparions or cause any ED relapses  That is not what we are about. We want to show and educate people about food and finding balance that works for YOU. We are still thinking it over how much we plan to share.

Just remember to have fun with food. Experiment with things. Find what works for you. And #bepurelyyou!

cuteline3-01

blog shout eats

Plantain love along with dinner inspiration!!

workout shout out

300 rep slider workout love. Tammie your comment made our day! Keep on rocking lady!

Screen shot 2013-06-06 at 8.56.13 PM

Purely Talk love.

pfchallenge done

Love all the #PFChallenge check-ins –> ladies you rock!

We have another busy day planned, but hope to be back later!

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

L and M

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables June 12, 2013 - 12:19 pm

You girls are so inspiring! Seriously, if I don’t feel like going to the gym, I know I can come to your blog and find motivation! Thanks for being such a bright light! 🙂

purelytwins June 12, 2013 - 1:58 pm

aww thanks Liz HUGS

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table June 12, 2013 - 1:04 pm

I’ve been craving fat like a crazy person lately. I was eating peanut butter out of the jar with a apoon at 1am. LOL! What the body wants… 😉

purelytwins June 12, 2013 - 1:58 pm

oh yes for fat love 🙂 HUGS

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) June 12, 2013 - 1:05 pm

Love that you two are finding what works for your bodies! I know it feels so good to get to that place! I missed you both this weekend! Charlotte was a rainy mess too! Hopefully I will be back up there soon though! I miss you two!

purelytwins June 12, 2013 - 1:58 pm

miss you too! yes next time for sure!! HUGS

The Delicate Place (@misathemeb) June 12, 2013 - 1:37 pm

mmm haven’t had a burger in a long time but now i’m craving one haha! thanks a lot girls lol <3

purelytwins June 12, 2013 - 1:57 pm

haha no problem glad we could help haha HUGS

zosia June 12, 2013 - 5:30 pm

stick to your guns. if you are weary of posting this, then don’t.
everyone is different, but given this information, people will apply it to their lives regardless of whether or not you say “everyone is different”

i like your approach…and remember – just because you have followers you request things, doesn’t mean you have to. i personally respect that you stick to your guns. 🙂

plus…providing macros and such does spark that ED thinking for many people. myself included…

purelytwins June 12, 2013 - 5:54 pm

thanks Zosia 🙂 HUGS

Lisa June 12, 2013 - 5:40 pm

Sounds like a lovely productive morning for the two of you! Love when that happens.
I’m glad you girls are really finding what works well for you, it’s so important to work for your body instead of trying to fit in with all the trends.
I’m kind of excited for those grain and egg free pancakes considering I can’t eat eggs and have an allergy to flaxseeds too, so chia is always a win for me:)

purelytwins June 12, 2013 - 5:55 pm

thanks Lisa, and ya we have been avoiding flaxseeds for months now and are feeling better without it, as it really seemed to be like soy and mess up our hormones even more.

Maggie @ Sunnyside Up Smile June 12, 2013 - 6:53 pm

Hey Lori & Michelle!
I just wanted to say I really love your whole philosophy on life and fitness and how it’s important to be PURELY YOU! That is so great! I’m jealous that I didn’t come up with that 😉 I must try your workouts. I’m digging the healthy fats! I love chia seeds but they sometimes make me feel nauseous. Lately I’ve been doing a little avocado or organic peanut butter to amp up my healthy fat intake. What is ghee and where do you get it?

Christa June 12, 2013 - 11:01 pm

those pancakes look great! I finally tried plantain socca today, unfortunately I think the plantain was a little too ripe, and the pan I used was too big. Still tasted great but will use a smaller pan and more of a green plantain. Lesson learned! Your grass-fed beef burger dinner looks delicious! Perfect combo 🙂

Taylor @ Liftingrevolution.com June 13, 2013 - 6:52 am

Jax looks in heaven! I have been playing with more fats as well and so far, am feeling loads better. Bloat down and energy up! thanks girls for the great inspiration!

purelytwins June 13, 2013 - 8:42 am

so happy to hear this 🙂 Ysy

Meg @ A Dash of Meg June 13, 2013 - 7:34 am

sisters, you amaze me. I’m proud of you for not sharing your macros (very proud) and just informing your readers to experiment and do what is best for them. I am finding out more and more each day about myself. I love fats, but I would like to know more on “how you know what is best for you” do you know what I mean? Like how do you know what you’re eating now is working better for you than what you were eating lets say… last month? just a question because you two inspire me so much to see what works best for me and experiment more 🙂 i know my body functions far better with at least x grams of fat or I don’t have BM’s and x amount of carbs or else I feel light headed. So, I know that much, but would love to know more and you two are so knowledgable! Wish you could help me out 😉 Wish I lived close by 😀 <3

Also, just checked out those pancakes! YUM! Love that you paired them with salmon, too 🙂

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige June 13, 2013 - 4:23 pm

Yay for no tummy troubles! Love the homemade sauerkraut 🙂 And coconut oil of course.

Debbie (Accidently Delish) June 13, 2013 - 10:05 pm

ahh thank you again for mentioning me and my spin off of your plantain bread! i am LOVING all your ideas and creations you two have been making.

i also think it is great that you are experimenting to see what is best for YOU and so glad you mentioned not going into details about your macros because you are so right, everyone is different everyone is an individual and so many people get caught up in the comparison game.

i need to get going on these challenges!

How did we overcome the fear of eating fats: Purely Talk 4 | purelytwins January 13, 2015 - 1:03 pm

[…] discussion is about FATS. Focus on healthy FATS of course  It’s no surprise that we have turned into fat lovers. Over the past few months we have been playing around with eating all types of fats to see what our […]