pancake testing and eczema update

Howdy luvs!

Where did Monday go? Did it go by fast for anyone else? For some reason for us before we knew it – it was dinner time. We were productive and barely left the house. Well we did take Jax on two walks yesterday in between the rain storms. And to speaking of rain storms – whoa! We had a crazy day yesterday with the weather. The rain and wind got so bad that the neighbors tree fell over, thankfully into the street and not on anyone’s house! Crazy!

Gary and I still have a lot of trees near our home and it always makes me nervous that a tree might fall just like our neighbors.

purelyfitness-logo

plank working out

Yesterday we kept our workout easy with doing some plank followed by our #PFChallenge back routine and some light walking outside with Jax. Great little movements to move the body and get back into our workout routine after taking 4 days off from vacation!

cuteline3-01

purely eats logo-01

On our way back home on Sunday we quickly stopped by Whole Foods to grab a few items but never made it to Trader Joes for some more food. Like we said above we were busy and barely left the house.  Luckily we plan on going to the farmers market and store today to stock up our fridges.

spinach eggs banana

Breakfast was some pasture-raised eggs with spinach and banana all cooked in ghee. Topped with sauerkraut and coconut oil.

egg free pancake

Lunch was something we are starting to work on due to several request — egg-free and grain-free pancakes. We made our first attempt after a few discussions on what to try.

more egg free pancakes

And they turned out!! Love that when it happens.

Though we do want to play around with it a few more times to try it differently. So that way again we have a few options for people to pick from. We will be sharing that final recipe with you all very soon!!

protein yogurt frosting for pancakes

We topped our grain-free egg-free pancakes with goat yogurt mixed with perfect fit protein. Delicious. Perfect pancake topping we must say 🙂

banana with coconut oil

Like we said we did not have much food in the house… we both got a little hungry late afternoon so we split the last banana in the house with some coconut oil.

salmon rice sushi

Dinner again was thanks to Whole Foods we each had some sushi along with lettuce, white rice, and zucchini/yellow squash, and grilled salmon. We topped our dinner plates with some coconut oil. Hit the spot. We both were craving a little bit of everything last night. And this plate satisfied us.

As you can see we have not really been having much avocados lately. During our vacation we did not really have them, and since being back home we have been deciding on when to add them back.

As Michelle was experimenting with taking avocado out to see if her eczema would get better. Would her legs stop itching. And so far they have stopped itching and her red patches on her legs are less severe.

CLICK HERE TO SEE MY ECZEMA UPDATE

We decided that she will leave them out of her diet a little bit longer then experiment with them coming back to see what happens with her skin. But we have really missed them as before we were eating one full avocado a day.  Although there are a few other foods Michelle has removed from her diet to see if it helps. So still trying to pinpoint what causes her flare-ups.

We also know that we were in the sun a lot while at Disney so being in the sun and getting that natural vitamin D could have helped. As from some of our research with eczema – sunlight can help.  We are still figuring out a few skin and health issues but again overall we are very happy and pleased with how our bodies are doing.

Today’s mini challenge is 50 mountain climbers. Who is ready?

Remember to let us know if you do your June #PFChallenge! Keep up the great work everyone.

Twins question: Do you like making recipes? What is your favorite thing to make? What has been making you smile lately? Does anyone else that has ezcema notice that the sun helps?

have a great day!

Lori and Michelle

Christa @ Edible Balance June 11, 2013 - 11:56 am

Ohhhh, I can’t wait until you post the pancake recipes! They look so good! I’ll be going out for dinner tonight, first time in a while… I think I’m going to give salmon a try 🙂

purelytwins June 11, 2013 - 1:57 pm

awesome Christa!! enjoy 🙂

Courtney June 11, 2013 - 1:01 pm

I had no idea you have eczema! I have eczema too! Mine started about two years ago, and after some research of my own I think it was caused by leaky gut syndrome and allergy development. I found out two months ago that I’m allergic to cereal grains, which I cut out and now my eczema is getting better. I find that the sun does help, but a lot of my spots are in places that a bathing suit covers, so I purchased a 3-month tanning membership that I used up until May. I would tan for 12 minutes 3-4 days per week, and I think that helped immensely, but I’ve been getting less sun since it expired and my rash has started to itch a lot lately. It’s the strangest thing, because I feel like it’s going away, but it’s spreading out as it dissipates. It’s definitely lighter and a little less itchy, but small patches are popping up everywhere. I feel like it’s trying to have it’s last stand. And of course I can’t find any blogs on how to cure eczema because they say it’s incurable. I don’t believe that. Anyway, good luck to you, Michelle. Eczema is awful, and people who don’t have it just can’t quite understand how terrible the itch is, or how wonderful it feels to scratch!

purelytwins June 11, 2013 - 2:01 pm

seriously!! so true unless you have it – it is hard to understand how the itch really is! sorry you have it has well, it sucks but I do believe there has to be a way to get rid of it or least be able to control it so it is not an issue. I am working on finding what helps control and get rid of mine as it is so embarrassing when my legs are covered in red patches and scratch marks. just like Lori with her acne struggle – we are both determined to figure it out! I will continue what works and does not work for me here on the blog. And so far yes sun has been helping so I hope to get outside as much as I can! Good luck! HUGS

Holly June 11, 2013 - 7:12 pm

I have some great products that help eliminate eczema.

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables June 11, 2013 - 5:36 pm

I can’t wait for that recipe girls!! Looks amazing!

purelytwins June 11, 2013 - 6:09 pm

thanks girl!

Maggie @ Sunnyside Up Smile June 11, 2013 - 8:12 pm

I love your blog! It is super cute and I think it’s great that you guys do it together. You are so inspirational. I just discovered your blog today but I will definitely try some of your recipes soon! I love to find other people that are just as passionate about health and fitness as I am.

purelytwins June 11, 2013 - 8:43 pm

thanks Maggie!

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 11, 2013 - 8:47 pm

That pancake topping sounds delicious!

My little man, Hunter, has been making me smile today! 🙂

purelytwins June 11, 2013 - 9:36 pm

and Hunter is such a cutie!!

Miz June 12, 2013 - 7:39 am

I like making YOUR RECIPES.
Im so not creative in the kitchen when left to my own devices.

Rebecca June 12, 2013 - 8:38 am

I get used to get eczema from seafood, have you looked into the correlation between the 2? I used to have ezcema patches always on my forearms and my upper thigh that went away when I cut seafood out.

purelytwins June 12, 2013 - 9:46 am

rebecca ya I recently was thinking about seafood, that will be next to try

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 12, 2013 - 9:14 am

Oh I really want those pancakes right now! They look amazing!

It’s finally NOT raining, so the sun is making me smile today!!

purelytwins June 12, 2013 - 9:46 am

Holly enjoy the sun!

Deanna@healthyleanfit June 12, 2013 - 9:28 am

Sometimes even reduced stress while on vacation can make a difference in health issues. It’s easy to underestimate the power of less stress and soooo hard to maintain!!!

Heather June 12, 2013 - 10:12 am

I have been working on a grain free egg free nut free recipe, so I am curious as to what you two came up with!

Wendy June 12, 2013 - 10:15 am

The pancakes look amazing! I’ve had some sensitivity with the avocados as well. I actually had some little red bumps on my cheeks from eating about 1 1/2 per day. I eliminated them and it slowly went away. I added it back this week with no issue so far. They are so good for you so I hate to cut them out. What kind of symptoms were you seeing from them? I’m a new follower to your blog and love all of the ideas for grain free – thanks so much!

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast June 12, 2013 - 11:10 am

So excited for those pancakes! The food testing and experimenting can be so exhausting… hope you find the answers quickly!

Beth June 12, 2013 - 1:45 pm

when you make your eggs/greens/bananas dish, do you cook it all together at the same time?

Can’t wait for the pancake recipes.

purelytwins June 12, 2013 - 1:57 pm

yes we cook it all together at the same time 🙂

Judy June 12, 2013 - 2:04 pm

Hello Ladies
I have been following your blog for a few mths and love your site. I also downloaded your recipe book, and was a touch disappointed at not finding Irish Moss recipes, although there are a few on your site.

I have been dealing with H-Pylori and systematic yeast overgrowth in my intestines for the past couple of years, and with naturopath medicines and complete diet change have reduced them both significantly, but not eradicated. I have done extensive research on both subjects, and have hesitated long enough in replying to your blog. Your eczcema, digestion issues, allergies, sweet tooth and a host of other issues are all yeast overgrowth symptoms. You might want to do some research on it, and or be tested for it, by a naturopath dr, if you haven’t already.

Good luck in your health Girls, and keep up the good work!

Megan (The Lyons' Share) June 12, 2013 - 5:15 pm

I love that you ladies are so in-tune with your bodies that you can pinpoint specific things like this. It’s fun to follow your experiments! (But I feel sad that you have to take avocado out of your diet!)

Hannah@Mindrunningwild June 12, 2013 - 7:27 pm

I cannot wait to see the recipe for those pancakes (and I’m loving the topping too- how thick!) because I am recently gluten free and also egg free. I tried pancakes this weekend and used black bean puree instead. Result? a bit crumbly.
I love making recipes and don’t have a favourite. When I make pancakes, I never use the same recipe twice! It’s strange.
If I had all the money and time in the world, I’d make all your recipes and maybe learn to like avocado. 🙂