{low fod map friendly} cauliflower free pizza crust

beet basil avocado pizza

purely recipe logo-01

Today’s recipe is a simple, healthy way to enjoy pizza.

First the crust has only 3 ingredients. No rolling out. No waiting for yeast to rise.

For those that cannot have cauliflower either for digestion reasons or do not like it, this pizza crust is a great substitute for the very popular cauliflower pizza crust.

We also feel this pizza crust recipe is great for people following a low fod maps diet!

plantain pizza crust

This recipe does call for an egg, so those looking for a egg-free recipe check out our plantain socca! Or you could try using an egg substitute.

pizza

We topped our pizza with avocado, sliced beets, fresh basil and ground beef.

This cauliflower free pizza crust would be great with anything, so layer it up with your favorite pizza toppings. This crust is a soft, bread-like texture. It’s not a super thin and crispy crust, but it does hold together so you can eat with your hands. Oh yay! If you do want more of a thin crust we suggest omitting the baking powder or following our plantain socca.

{low fod map friendly} cauliflower free pizza crust

A healthy fod map friendly pizza crust recipe. Plantain pizza crust recipe. Grain-free, gluten-free, legume-free, cauliflower free pizza recipe.

• Prep Time: 5 minutes
  • Cook Time: 20 minutes
  • Total Time: 25 minutes
Scale

Ingredients

• 1 egg
  • 6 oz green plantain (medium sized)
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder (optional – will make it a bit lighter)
  • 1/4 cup goat cheese (or nutritional yeast if prefer dairy free)

Instructions

1. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend together until smooth. The goat cheese we used was hard that we sliced up onto chucks for the 1/4 cup. You can use any cheese you prefer, or use nutritional yeast if you cannot have dairy.
  2. Batter should be a little thick. Spread pizza dough onto a cookie sheet. Spread into a circle shape.
  3. Bake in at 375 for about 20-25 minutes.

Nutrition

• Serving Size: serves 2

And of course it had to be out of plantains, hehe

We love pizza!

Do you?

plantain beet pizza

We hope you enjoy our simple cauliflower free, low fod map friendly pizza crust recipe. We love how we can use plantains in all types of recipe from chips to pancakes to breakfast cake to bread. And now pizza crust!

Twins Question: What is your favorite pizza toppings? Do you like thick or thin pizza crust? Do you like veggies or meat on your pizza? Do you follow a low fod map diet?

till next time,

purelytwins
Lori and Michelle

lindsay June 7, 2013 - 3:02 pm

you two got me hooked on plantains! So thank YOU! YUM!

purelytwins June 7, 2013 - 10:39 pm

πŸ™‚ awesome!! HUGS

Morgan C June 7, 2013 - 3:48 pm

I need to buy plantains ASAP. This looks amazing.

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables June 7, 2013 - 4:20 pm

You girls are SO creative! I’m always impressed!! I love pizza ANYTHING. I’ve been making a quinoa crust that I’m loving πŸ™‚

purelytwins June 7, 2013 - 10:39 pm

nice πŸ™‚ and thanks girl!

Christa @ Edible Balance June 7, 2013 - 7:25 pm

oh my word this looks delicious!! I just tried plantain for the very first time at lunch today, used your recipe and fried them… LOVE! I definitely need to try this pizza recipe, it’s right up my alley. I wonder if I could sub in chia for the egg?

Colleen June 7, 2013 - 7:33 pm

Someone shared this article, and I thought I would share with you guys! I hope it makes you laugh and doesn’t offend you!

Dannii June 9, 2013 - 10:55 pm

It’s so great isn’t it Colleen? And so true! The more you know the less you know and what works for someone doesn’t work for everyone, then more research comes out and what was healthy is now demonised! And kale is the only thing left to eat! haha It’s so hilarious πŸ˜€

Anna @ Your Healthy Place June 7, 2013 - 10:23 pm

I tried a cauliflower pizza crust once and it was pretty successful – I want to try your variation next time. I’m in love with the idea of such a light base as regular pizza crusts just make me feel heavy and sometimes bloated. Nice work!

Alex @ Alex Tries it Out June 7, 2013 - 11:23 pm

I think I need to get behind this beet thing. I’ve never had them! Pizza looks delish!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish June 8, 2013 - 1:29 am

I’m SO excited about this recipe! As a former cauliflower crust fan who had to give it up due to GI irritations, this crust couldn’t be more perfect. Thank you! <3

My favorite pizza toppings are a variety of cheeses (mozzarella, goat, gouda, parmesan), caramelized onions, spinach and tomatoes. The sweet caramelized onions contrast so nicely with the salty cheese and neutral veggies. πŸ™‚

Hope you both have a wonderful weekend! <3

Beth June 9, 2013 - 5:32 pm

unfortunately, I have yet to be able to find a plantain in a grocery store. πŸ™ So many recipes I’m missing out on. Be careful with the amount of beet you use. The allowable low fodmap amount is pretty low, if at all.

I never realized you two followed a low fodmap diet. You eat so many avocados. Those are only allowed in 1/4 of the fruit amounts.

Beth June 9, 2013 - 5:53 pm

But everything seems to be working for you…so never mind! πŸ™‚

purelytwins June 10, 2013 - 10:20 am

we never really followed the FODMAP diet, we just took a few ideas from it.

Beth June 9, 2013 - 5:33 pm

And plantains have not been tested yet for fodmap.

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables June 10, 2013 - 1:18 pm

I love plantains! I’m so glad y’all are posting all these recipes. I’m allergic to cauliflower, so this is right up my alley! Love the idea of beets on your pizza.

purelytwins June 10, 2013 - 2:05 pm

yay for plantains πŸ˜‰

Moni Meals & Fitness June 10, 2013 - 6:49 pm

Oh YUM! Can you just make me some and send it over? πŸ˜‰

purelytwins June 10, 2013 - 7:48 pm

yep πŸ™‚

Dina July 2, 2016 - 6:03 am

Thoughts on how this would work if I was to grill it?

purelytwins July 3, 2016 - 12:55 am

Not sure we haven’t tried it on the grill, always worth a shot.