leg burn with balance purely fit life workout #13

Hello Purely Fit Friends!

MOVE-it-MONDAY

Today’s #purelyfitlife workout is leg based along with working on balance.

Not only are the legs a body part we are trying to work on more, but our balance needs work too.

Time to become more balanced!

leg and balance workout purelytwins

Why are balance moves important?

Doing more balance exercises is important as it plays a role in your everyday life! Having good balance can also help improve performance in sports and other activities.

Your body is always balancing even when you are not thinking about it.

The better your balance the less chance you will fall or injure yourself.

lori-deadlift balance

Doing basic exercises on one leg is a great and simple way to start working on your balance!

Once you get strong and your balance gets better you can really start playing around with the position of your lifted leg.

michelle-downdogkick

By doing some balance based exercises in your workouts over time you should start to see improvements in your balance, coordination, posture, core strength and agility.

Here is the breakdown of our burn out leg and balance workout:

leg and balance workout purelyfitlife

13-leg burn out  (click to download as PDF)

Having great balance can also help build more confidence in yourself to try new things!

Want better balance? Give this workout a try!

Here is the real time video:

Remember to use hashtags #purelyfitlife and #purelytwins so we can see your check-ins 🙂

Twins question: Do you like working the legs? Do you like doing balancing exercises? Do you have good balance?

PS. If you like this workout and are looking for more great real time full length workouts that won’t take hours out of your busy day yet will give you amazing results then Join our online training club to start your fitness journey.

next time,

blog signature

Linz @ Itz Linz June 3, 2013 - 3:21 pm

i love working my legs! they’re my strongest body part so itz always a favorite! 🙂 i always think i have good balance and then i try a new move that totally challenges me and my balance!

Taylor @ Liftingrevolution.com June 3, 2013 - 4:51 pm

I love leg workouts! Getting ready to go do mine now actually. I am big on balance training, in fact it was the theme of boot camp this morning! Great video.

purelytwins June 3, 2013 - 4:59 pm

🙂 awesome Taylor!!

Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut June 3, 2013 - 6:53 pm

Oh my gosh I love this!! I just realized when I was doing some (like 4) lunges today…my coordination isn’t so great! Which is weird because I thought I was a pretty well-balanced gal!

Pinning these and will definitely add these moves in this week!

Thank you! <3

purelytwins June 3, 2013 - 7:04 pm

thanks Amanda! we were the same way – we thought we had pretty good balance but nope it needs work!

Tina @ Best Body Fitness June 3, 2013 - 8:18 pm

Love the balance aspect! That’s often so overlooked but so fundamental!

purelytwins June 3, 2013 - 8:27 pm

yes, we know we overlook it.:)

Kim June 3, 2013 - 8:28 pm

I’ve noticed that some days my balance is better than others. Do y’all ever experience that (or am I just old and weird?)?
I try to do some balance work every week since, clearly, I have issues!!!
Thanks for this workout!

Lesia Akima June 4, 2013 - 8:57 am

I’m prepared mentaly for now, we’ll see how strong will I be physicaly. Good exercises for me 🙂

Courtney June 4, 2013 - 12:39 pm

Holy crap, Lori, your arms look amazing! Your triceps and delts really pop in the video still. What have you been doing!? My summer goal is more pronounced triceps, delts and lower body fat so my arms look buff. I want ripped arms. Tickets to the guns show? Yes, please! I know planks activate shoulders and triceps too. Would more, longer planks help my arm goal? I’m ashamed to admit that I haven’t followed your plank challenges. I’m such a weenie when it comes to the core burn.

purelytwins June 4, 2013 - 12:46 pm

thanks girl! Yes I feel planks will over time help with more definition, I also do a lot of push-ups almost daily so that helps too. But really doing these purely fit life workouts over time has really helped give my arms more definition. I am trying to get Michelle’s arms there too. Diet also comes into play too.

Julie June 4, 2013 - 5:58 pm

Just did your leg workout!! The legs are my favorite to work out but adding in the balance on these moves is great and I need that!

purelytwins June 4, 2013 - 5:59 pm

awesome Julie!! yay!!

Sam June 4, 2013 - 10:24 pm

Awesome workout, ladies! Can’t believe you didn’t stop once for a breather – tough twins 🙂 Thanks for the video. This will become part of my weekly routine!

purelytwins June 5, 2013 - 8:40 am

🙂 thanks Sam!! yay!!

Kat June 5, 2013 - 3:48 pm

This was hard!! In a great way… Seriously you guys kick my butt. Thanks!

purelytwins June 5, 2013 - 3:51 pm

thanks Kat!!! glad you enjoyed it!!! HUGS

Lorrie June 6, 2013 - 9:57 am

I love the feeling of a good leg workout- the pain of walking steps or squatting down. I can’t wait to do your workout- I currently have a torn hamstring and must rest my legs, so 🙁 Thanks for all your workouts and thoughts.

Toni Wengel October 30, 2013 - 5:51 am

Love leg workouts – only ones I can get completely through – LOL! Have a great day!