plantain socca recipe (egg-free, grain-free, paleo, gluten-free, nut-free)
- 1 large green plantain (about 7oz)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1/2–1 teaspoon sea salt (depends on salty you like things)
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Get a 8 or 10 inch pan.
- Place 1 tablespoon coconut oil in pan.
- Peel your green plantain. Cut into slices and toss into your vitamix blender or any blender.
- Next add in your water.
- Next add in your sea salt.
- Continue to blend until smooth.
- Place your oiled pan into a hot oven for a few minutes to get warm.
- Remove pan from oven and pour in your plantain socca batter.
- Place pan back into oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool a little before removing from pan.
- Slice and enjoy!