life is about balance and letting go

Happy Friday luvs!

Thank you for the comments about ways to start healing your metabolism.  Hopefully we answered some of the questions you all had about it. Remember to do your own research, talk with your doctor, and do what is best for you!  And no matter what remember to enjoy life, enjoy the process, enjoy learning and trying new things (not just with diet but everything about life), and be happy!! 🙂 We only want to share our experiences;  we are not telling you you have to do this or that. Always #bepurelyyou

life is balance and letting go

Next up, we have been thinking about doing monthly challenges, so being that June starts tomorrow we thought we would mention it and see what feedback we would get.  Each day we would have mini challenges.  We would provide a monthly calendar with what to do each day. It is not going to be anything crazy, just little things to start doing or focusing on. As we hope over time some of these mini challenges will become part of our (and your) daily routines.

What do think? Comment below.

cuteline3-01

purelyfitness-logo

doing yoga

Yoga practice continues.

yoga Practice. Practice. Practice.

One day we will look more graceful doing yoga, for now, we are enjoying every yoga practice.

healthy body quote

cuteline3-01

purely eats logo-01

runny yolk 2

Lori’s plate

breakfast

Michelle’s plate

For all our runny yolk lovers out there you will appreciate our breakfast. Runny egg yolk mixed with eggs, cooked bananas and lots of cooked arugula, ghee, 1/2 avocado, and coconut oil. Dusted with cardamom and cinnamon. Superb.

carb feast

Lori’s plate

post workout

Michelle’s plate

After going for an afternoon walk we came back and enjoyed a yummy perfect fit protein single pancake (1 duck egg with 1 scoop) with a mix of plantain socca (recipe up later today) and plantain fries.

A very colorful meal, haha

Later on we were both got hungry, so we enjoyed more food.

turkey lunch

Lori had some rice with turkey and coconut oil.

lunch

Michelle enjoyed 1/2 avocado with local grass-fed beef.

dandy tea quote

We enjoyed some dandy tea with a little inspiration 🙂

Wishing you a sweet day filled with joy and happiness.

yummy dinner

Lori’s plate

dinner

Michelle’s plate

Dinner was half avocado, parsnips fries, spiralized zucchini (lightly cooked in ghee), coconut oil, and salmon with a sprinkle of black sea salt! We love black sea salt!!

Lori experimented with more carbs, as Michelle had more fat. We are both trying hard to listen to our own bodies, which is hard for us because we like all the same foods. And since we work together we normally cook up the same things.  But we have to start practicing what we say here on the blog – find our own balance.

We will all have a different view on what a healthy balanced diet is…and that is okay! As long as you are happy and feeling good! #bepurelyyou

water jax

Gary and I took Jax to a local park to run around. And of course Jax wanted to play in the water! He can’t get enough of playing in water.

jax the vizsla

(Lori) Love my dog! Yes I am biases, what can I say. Vizslas are the best.

einstein-quotes-life-is-like-riding-a-bicycle-in-order-to-keep-your-balance-you-must-keep-moving_large

Twins Question: What are you up to today? Do you like riding bikes?

We cannot remember the last time we rode a bike, haha

be back later with a recipe

Michelle D May 31, 2013 - 11:20 am

I LOVE the idea of mini challenges!! Your salmon dinner looks incredible!! Thats what I am making tonight!! Yummm! I just recently purchased a spiralizer and even my not so vegetable loving husband LOVES spiralized zucchini and carrots and sweet potatos ha ha its funny how changing the look of a vegetable makes it more appealing! Your headstands look so strong, I need to bring yoga back into my routine. It is something that gets lost.

purelytwins May 31, 2013 - 12:37 pm

thanks girl Michelle!!! awesome about your husband liking the spiralized veggies – my husband is the same 🙂 HUGS

Sarah May 31, 2013 - 11:37 am

Hello!!

I recently found your blog and am enjoying having a read through. I love the idea of monthly challenges I think they always help keep people focused. Your food pictures look amazing!! Its making me hungry…

As for your questions, I have been off out shopping today :)and I love to ride my bike in the summer down to the beach. The sunshine and wind in your hair its lovely.

S xx

purelytwins May 31, 2013 - 12:38 pm

that does sound lovely! and glad you found our blog – welcome 🙂 HUGS

bree May 31, 2013 - 12:58 pm

Hey ladies! I recently started following the blog, everything looks delicious & i love the workouts! The daily challenge could be great motivation! I’ve been trying to do yoga daily, and i totally love taking my bike out when i have a chance…whether down the street for a short ride or the bike trail for a long one.
You girls have to get a bike, i promise you will love it!

purelytwins May 31, 2013 - 2:51 pm

🙂 yes!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish May 31, 2013 - 1:54 pm

I think a month of mini challenges sounds like a fabulous idea! I’d definitely enjoy participating! Can one of the challenges be “eating meals like Michelle and Lori?” 😉 I know I say this every time I comment, but I seriously want to come join you for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Sending you both hugs, and wishes for a joyful, happy weekend! <3

purelytwins May 31, 2013 - 2:52 pm

oh Sara we would love if we lived closer so we could meet up more for meal time 🙂

Heathy May 31, 2013 - 2:22 pm

I love the challenge idea! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. And I loove runny yolks too – every morning for breaky 2 eggs with runny yolks 🙂 xo

Beth May 31, 2013 - 3:43 pm

Can you explain exactly, how you make your breakfast? Thanks gals.

Beth May 31, 2013 - 4:58 pm

Also, can you explain how you cook your salmon, meats, and greens? Do you fry them in a non stick skillet? Or bake? Do you sauté them in coconut oil or anything like that?

Kat June 1, 2013 - 9:26 am

Hi, Beth! Throw out your non stick cookware. The teflon coating leaches nastiness in the foods when heated. Yuk!

Sara May 31, 2013 - 8:14 pm

I’m loving the mini challenge idea! I think it helps to have a community effort, otherwise I forget, lose interest, lack motivation, etc. Can’t wait to see what you have for us 😉

Sandra August 20, 2013 - 8:08 am

Good-morning coaches!! hey how do u cook your parsnips fries please thx!

purelytwins August 20, 2013 - 10:57 am

Sandra Michelle showed how she did them here – http://purelytwins.com/2013/02/05/how-to-make-carrot-parsnip-fries/

pancake testing and eczema update | purelytwins November 8, 2014 - 4:55 pm

[…] D could have helped. As from some of our research with eczema – sunlight can help.  We are still figuring out a few skin and health issues but again overall we are very happy and pleased with how our bodies are […]