Howdy Purely Fit friends!
How is everyone doing this Thursday? Good we hope 🙂
Today we have our second Purely Talk video.
Our thoughts and sharing the steps we are taking to fix our metabolism.
If you missed our previous metabolism talks – check them out here:
Please enjoy the video! We would love likes and comments as we continue to learn and grow together!
Some key takeaways from the video.
In the video we share a little more but here is some things we are doing.
Steps we are taking to fix metabolism:
1) supplements: We are continuing with taking our gelatin, l-glutamine, vitamin D, nightly probiotic, b-vitamins, and fermented cod liver oil. Now you don’t have to take all these supplements we just have noticed great improvements in our bodies with taking them. These are the supplements we took to heal our gut, something we are still healing.
Do your research on what you feel will help you. Start with one thing, see how you do, then change or add things.
Remember it takes time to heal. Be patient and learn to love yourself along the way.
2) exercise: We are focusing on balancing out our home workouts with yoga. We find doing a mix of different workouts and keeping them short has helped us a lot. We know everyone is different and will respond differently to things, so just play around with doing different things for your workouts.
And if you have a highly stressed metabolism you might need to reduce the amount and length of your workouts. Be honest with yourself and how much stress you are putting on your body. Remember there is nothing wrong with slowing down to heal.
3) diet: Slowly increasing our calories and amount of carbs to help see if that helps fix our metabolism. Trying to get more balanced meals with all the macros at each one. Playing around with different ratios to see what our bodies like best. Incorporating a little sugar in our diet but not going overboard with it. Continuing eating plenty of saturated fats avoiding PUFA’s. Healing our gut we feel was really important in our journey to helping our metabolism. Now we are not perfect and still have some healing to do, but we feel we are on the right path 🙂
Don’t just eat something because someone else says too. Listen to your body and eat what your body needs.
4) sleep: Trying to focus on getting more sleep. Aiming for 7-8 hours of good sleep. Magnesium helps us sleep better. Lately we have noticed with the increase in carbs we seem to sleep a little bit better too.
Sleep can be very powerful in your healing journey. We love to sleep! Anyone else?
5) stress: Taking a few minutes each day to unwind and relax. Reading motivational quotes and affirmations to keep our thoughts positive. Stress can be a killer in so many aspects of life! We now see how stress can be damaging to our health and we focus on managing our stress daily.
Find ways to reduce stress in your life.
6) water: Drinking water when we are thirsty. Trying not to stress too much about how much water to drink. Listening to our bodies and not over think water. This is a hard thing for us to do we admit as years and years we have been told over again that drinking 8+ cups of water is what you are supposed to it. After reading more about water and that you may not need as much as you think has us rethinking our daily intake.
Drink when YOU are thirsty.
7) listen to your body: Each day we are really taking the time to stop and reflect on how we are doing. How our bodies are doing with the changes. Not worrying what others might think of our eats, or what others recommend doing. Because we only know how we feel.
Try to do your best in really listening to your body. Your body gives signs -we all just have to learn to pay attention.
Always be purely you along your health journey. Really honor your body and take the time to listen to it.
We are not doctors. Do you own research. These are just OUR thoughts on ways to help OUR metabolism from our research and personal experiences. We still have a lot to learn from fixing our metabolism, hormones, skin, and gut. We hope you guys stick around for our journey as we will continue to share what works and what has not worked for us in hopes it helps you!
As we mentioned in the video we are happy with where we are with our health, just fine tuning it. We are not trying to fit into a diet or trend. Just eat for us.
We highly recommend this book written by Elizabeth – The Nourished Metabolism. This book was an eye opener for us! Plus we got the book Eat for Heat (a book a few of you recommend for us to read) from Matt Stone with 180degreehealth — another site full of eye opening views on things.
We are still figuring out where we stand on some of these topics. And this article is another great read and this post about 10 simple ways to raise your metabolism! We are learning so many interesting things!! A little re-thinking too.
Twins question: How do you reduce stress in your life? Are you good about getting 7-9 hours of sleep a night? Is there tip you would like to add that has helped your health or metabolism journey ? Do you stress about the amount of water you drink daily?
If you found this post to be helpful please share this to help inspire others to take care of their health!