digestion is improving

Hello luvs!!

How is everyone doing today? Ready to have a great day?

We have a busy day as we plan to film our first Purely Chat Q and A video later today plus a new Move-it-Monday workout. Did you see our latest workout? Perfect when you are short on time, but still want to move the body.

purelyfitness-logo

yoga love

Since both of us are still a little sore from GPP Fitness workouts at Blend – yoga was calling our name.

Tara Stiles to the rescue.

We did about 45 minutes of a nice and relaxing yoga flow from her This is Yoga dvds. It was perfect. By the end of the yoga session our bodies were already feeling better! Love the power of yoga!

yoga workout

Sure felt great to slowly stretch out the body!Β  And finally had no bloat! More on that below.

cuteline3-01

purely eats logo-01

Lori’s day:

Getting back into drinking my lemon water first thing after my workout and before eating my breakfast.

juice eggs bananas

Breakfast was a very green juice (kale, romaine, cucumber and a carrot) plus 2 whole eggs with a banana. Topped with a little cinnamon and coconut oil.

hope and coffee

After a delicious breakfast it was time for coffee!

With a side of hope πŸ™‚

lori lunch bowl

scallops for snack

Lunch was canned salmon, sardines, avocado and cooked spiralized yellow squash and turnips with a side of raw carrots topped with coconut oil.Β  Then enjoyed the most random snack – scallops and coconut oil.

After enjoying lunch both of us got a little hungry so we browsed the fridge and grabbed scallops. We were too lazy to make up anything else since we cooked the scallops the night before so they were ready to go.

fish plantains avocado dinner

Dinner was plantain fries, half avocado,Β sautΓ©edΒ spinach, grilled halibut and salmon. All topped with coconut oil.

Michelle and I decided to try out having a more starchy carb at dinner like plantains. Since our lunch was a little low in carbs we wanted to try having some at dinner. In the past we tried to limit our carbs at dinner and usually ate just root veggies for it.Β  We have been enjoying playing around with having starchy carbs at different meals.

Michelle’s recap:

juice egg banana breakfast

A power breakfast for me – eggs, banana, coconut oil and cinnamon with a side of green juice. I am really loving this combo and my body is digesting it well too!

michelle lunch

Lori come over and we worked hard all afternoon, almost missed lunch.

Nothing fancy here for lunch and sorry for the messy bowl. Lori and I sometimes are too lazy to mash our ingredients together in another bowl and place final product in a nice clean bowl for pictures. Sorry. We are not perfect.

Anyways lunch was avocado mixed with sardines and salmon with cooked spiralized yellow squash and turnips and a side of raw carrots with lots of coconut oil.Β  And as Lori mentioned we had a very random snack of scallops and coconut oil.

avocado plantain chips dinner

Dinner was amazing! I feel like I say that word a lot for me meals. But it is true! I love all my meals. They are all amazing.

This plate of goodness was cooked greens, avocado, a little salmon and halibut topped with coconut oil and ACV, and the best part was the baked plantain chips! Baked the plantain chips instead of on skillet. 350 oven for about 30-35 minutes coated with a little coconut oil and cardamom.

I felt really good yesterday. My energy was alright. But my appetite was great. Every meal I had digested. No pains. No bloating.Β  I was actually hungry for my next meal.Β  In the past, I was not always hungry for my meals. Mentally I was as I love to eat, so this was an improvement. Maybe my metabolism is getting better?

I researched a lot last night more about metabolism and metabolism damage. I thought my head was going to explode from all the information I was trying to take in. Lori and I hope to dive more into the articles today and gather our thoughts for our first Purely Chat video!

We are still unsure of what we are going to call the new Q and A series, but plan to post the video Thursday afternoon. Hopefully πŸ˜‰

Twins Question: Do you have a strong appetite?

Are you a person who unloads the suitcase upon arriving home? Or do you tend to slowly unpack it over a few days? Do you like packing or unpacking?

Our appetites seem to change almost daily, but these past few weeks we feel our digestion is getting stronger. And it depends on how we are feeling about when we unpack our suitcase. It depends on when we get home, but usually within 1- 2 days the suitcase is unpacked πŸ™‚

till next time,

purelytwins

Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness May 22, 2013 - 11:04 am

Sounds like Blend was a blast! Those eats look soo yummy! I have a very strong appetite πŸ™‚ always have. and when it comes to unpacking- i try really hard to wear everything i bring at least once so i tend to just dump my suitcase into my dirty laundry pile πŸ™‚

purelytwins May 22, 2013 - 6:04 pm

thanks πŸ™‚

Caitlin May 22, 2013 - 11:50 am

mm plantains! i never make them at home so whenever i see them out on a restaurant menu i always get them. they feel special to me!
i have a better appetite for certain meals than others. i’m not often hungry for breakfast. but i’m almost always ready for dinner and usually once i start eating it i just feel MORE hungry! it’s my favorite meal of the day!
glad you guys are feeling better πŸ™‚ i’ve found that eating starchy carbs has helped my digestive problems in the past.

purelytwins May 22, 2013 - 6:06 pm

some mornings we are not that hungry either but usually by lunch we are ready for food πŸ™‚ HUGS

Jojo May 22, 2013 - 12:05 pm

I definitely have a strong appetite! It takes a lot for me to lose it, even when I’m sick I usually have an appetite! Lately, I’ve been running a lot, and I feel constantly hungry πŸ˜›

What a timely question, I just moved out of my apartment in St. Louis back home in MD, and I had a car load of my stuff to unpack! I’ve been home less than 4 days and everything is already unpacked. I hate having my stuff lying around in boxes and suitcases.

Mandie Marie @ The Fruitful Turtle May 22, 2013 - 3:08 pm

I love packing and hate unpacking πŸ™ Glad to hear your digestion is getting stronger!

purelytwins May 22, 2013 - 6:06 pm

thanks Mandie! ya unpacking is not fun haha

Jillienne@ChasingRaspberries May 22, 2013 - 3:13 pm

I love the glass straw for the smoothie. Where did you find it?

purelytwins May 22, 2013 - 6:04 pm

thanks we love our glass straws – from Dharma -http://www.glassdharma.com/straws.html

Calista May 22, 2013 - 6:10 pm

I’ll unload my suitcase if I get home early enough. If I get home around midnight though, I just get my toiletries out to use and worry about the rest in the morning!

So glad to hear that your digestion issues are receding!

How did coconut oil taste on the scallops? The coconut oil I use is a bit on the sweet side and I’ve found that I like it with certain things {like nut butters and cereals and squash} and it doesn’t compliment other things as well {green vegetables and eggs}. However, I will continue to experiment with different combinations! It’s fun!!!

purelytwins May 22, 2013 - 7:49 pm

well we love coconut oil on anything so we thought it on scallops was fine πŸ˜‰

Deb @ Its All About Me Fitness May 22, 2013 - 7:44 pm

I’m still not unpacked! πŸ™‚ Mmmmm Scallops! My fav!

purelytwins May 22, 2013 - 7:48 pm

haha we were good and did it yesterday πŸ™‚

Deanna Wilcox May 22, 2013 - 8:53 pm

I always like to eat, but my belly is not always necessarily ready! I often need the fuel for energy, but my belly does not necessarily need it! So glad you are making progress! We continue to be on same page wth our “research”. I’ve been looking a lot at metabolism lately and nourishing it!

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables May 22, 2013 - 9:58 pm

I go through days when I’m not so hungry and then days like today when I’m STARVING. However, I have noticed that when I eat a more vegan diet I’m more hungry. My body likes when I eat fish and eggs. (I need to go to the grocery!)
I like to unpack and get back to normal as soon as possible. I think that is my ocd kicking in though. lol!

I can’t wait to hear about all your research. Wish we lived closer to chat about all this!

purelytwins May 23, 2013 - 9:11 am

seriously that would be awesome if we lived closer!

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake May 22, 2013 - 10:02 pm

I started researching about Intermittent Fasting and started this Sunday. It’s improved my hunger feelings. I’ve been wanting to try it out for a while and finally buckled down to do it. I usually have a problem with not being hungry too. This week, I’m really just trying to get my body used it because our body will quickly adapt to almost anything, so I’m going for it. I loved Dr. Mercola’s articles on it. Really interesting if you want to read about it. I do know that with I.F. it begins to teach your body to use your fat as your energy source because you’ll have already used up and burned off your last meal…you just have to read. I’m not good at explaining. But thought you girls would be interested in reading about it!

purelytwins May 23, 2013 - 9:12 am

thanks girl, we will have looked into I.F. awhile back, we will have to look into it again.

Eimear Rose May 23, 2013 - 2:38 pm

It sometimes works well for people who are healthy (especially men), but PCOS interferes with fat metabolism, so it doesn’t work the same way, same for type 1 diabetics.

Taylor @ Liftingrevolution.com May 22, 2013 - 10:22 pm

I have to say, bananas and eggs looks actually really good! I have a crazy appetite, I think it’s because of my workout routine, I get hangry pretty easily actually.

As for my suitcase… I’m a bit embarrassed to say, it’s sitting opened in my bedroom still unpacked. I just put up one thing at a time as I walk by.

purelytwins May 23, 2013 - 9:13 am

haha we have done that with our suitcases before πŸ˜‰

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish May 22, 2013 - 10:29 pm

You ladies eat so so well! I love the egg and banana combination for breakfast, too–it always leaves me feeling energized and nourished.

I’m so glad your digestion has been good over the past few days. Mine has definitely improved since returning from Utah, too. I’ve been focusing on eating simple meals, and my body loves it. As for my appetite: it definitely changes from day to day, especially depending on how bloated I am.

I almost always unpack my suitcase the second I get home! xoxo <3

purelytwins May 23, 2013 - 9:14 am

Sara so happy to hear that you digestion is improving as well! HUGS

Kate May 22, 2013 - 11:16 pm

When u make ur plantains, how ripe are they… Are they all the way ripened to where the skins are black? I’ve never tried them before.. What do u like about them so much? πŸ™‚

I’m so happy about ur gi getting better and am dying for more info on this πŸ™‚

purelytwins May 23, 2013 - 9:15 am

Guess we like them so much since it feels like our bodies are liking them, and we like the flavor. We have enjoyed them when they are a little green (more starchy) and more yellow with brown all over (sweeter) we liked both.

Tara | Treble in the Kitchen May 23, 2013 - 5:37 am

My appetite is constantly changing. Some days I wake up starving, and other days I don’t feel very hungry at all! It’s very strange….I am interested to see what kind of research you girls have done πŸ™‚ As far as unpacking…I do it immediately when I arrive home from a trip, I try to stay as tidy as possible πŸ™‚

purelytwins May 23, 2013 - 9:15 am

πŸ™‚

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast May 23, 2013 - 9:43 am

Plantain chips sound phenomenal. I love that you two love to research nutrition as much as I do… I find it so fascinating! Looking forward to your q & a sessions. Such a great idea! I’ll be sending people your way. πŸ™‚

Gabby @ the veggie nook May 23, 2013 - 5:01 pm

I don’t usually comment here, but I just wanted to thank you ladies both for all that you do. I have struggled for years with poor digestion and I am on a quest to fix mine. Your posts have provided me with so many tips and comfort knowing someone else is going through the same thing. It’s seriously meant so much, because there are days I feel so frustrated and just want to give up. Then I wake up and see your posts and my motivation is renewed. Also, your workouts rock! I have let myself go recently- all part of the pity party I was having over my digestion- but I am ready to change that and your workouts are so great since I hate going to gyms and don’t have a ton of special equipment. So THANK YOU x 100000000

purelytwins May 23, 2013 - 8:27 pm

Gabby thank you so much!!!! this makes us sooo happy πŸ™‚ HUGS

jessica, the_toned_teach July 7, 2013 - 5:19 pm

Hey! Loved the meals… they look fantastic! A few random questions:
– do you workout on an empty stomach in the morning before breakfast?
– do you eat 3 meals a day or do a 6-meal-a-day breakdown?
– have you noticed any big changes in your metabolism if switching to the 3 meals a day system?

Feel free to email!