blending blogging friendships

purely outings-01

Continuing our Blend Retreat highlights.

After arriving on Friday and spending the day getting settled into the hotel it was time to continue meeting everyone.

justinnutbutterEnjoyed a snack break where we got to enjoy some Justin Nut Butters.

friends at snackbreak

Chatted with this wonderful group of ladies.

Later it was time for the cocktail party that was sponsored by Silk followed by a lovely dinner.

silk cocktail hour

Again everything was so well laid out. We were impressed. They even made sure there was gluten-free options which was fantastic.

us

We got all dolled up ๐Ÿ˜‰

cocktailhour

Before the chaos began haha.ย  A room filled with bloggers and some cocktails calls for a loud room. Surprised we did not lose our voices. The room was so energetic.ย  Friendships being made.

michelle with drink

Enjoyed some wine as we chatted away with our blogging friends. We can be a little shy so a little wine helps ๐Ÿ˜‰

with christa

With the beautiful Christa.

with bonnie

With Bonnie – such a sweat heart!

with bobbie

Great to finally meet Bobbi – adore her.

with paula

Got to meet and chat with Paula – such a cutie.

with paige and lindsay

Loved meeting and talking with these two incredible women – Paige and Lindsay!

with our lindsays

Meet up with our girls – Lindsay and Lindsay! loved how we all kinda matched.

with meg

Meet up with our long lost sister – Meg!

After enjoying a few glasses of wine it was time for dinner.

the girls

first night dinner

Enjoyed a wonderful dinner we each enjoyed a little salad with potatoes, mahi mahi and veggies.

snacks

Always had so many great snacks to snack on during the day and even some late night snacks.

saturday bootcamp

Saturday morning our workout started at 7am and a good group of bloggers showed up. The workout was done by GPP Fitness.

post workout pic

Amazing workout!ย  Loved wearing our new Raw Threads workout tanks!

saturday breakfast

After the workout it was time to eat!ย  Laughing Cow and Muesli Fusion were the sponsors of breakfast. Also enjoyed some yummy BluePrint Cleanse green juice! So good.

us with janetha

Chatted away with Janetha at breakfast. Love her!!

more goodies in room

Received even more in room swag goodies. Seriously all the goodies never stopped. We have never seen so many samples before. Again huge thank you to all the amazing companies that were so kind to give these free samples for us to try!

We attempted to go on the hike with some bloggers but the mud was not agreeing with our tennis shoes.

run to wholefoods

So we ran up to Whole Foods with Lindsay and Abby.

saturday lunch wholefoodsWe stocked up on some coconut waters and kombuchas. As well as got more sushi for lunch.

Came back to the hotel to clean up and get ready to sample some Onnit products.

onnit snacks

YUM! Loved their hemp protein smoothie and their trilogy nut butter. ย That stuff could be dangerous ๐Ÿ˜‰

janetha dogs

It was a pleasure meeting Janetha’s super cute dogs and Marshall too!

saturday dinner out

Saturday a group of us went to a local Park City restaurant the Red Tail Grill for dinner. The staff did a great job in accommodating everyone’s food requests.

saturday night scones

Came back to the hotel to enjoy some of Momma B’s famous Utah scones! Oh my — one of the best things we have ever enjoyed. Especially topped with homemade raspberry jam and honey butter.

gpp girls

Got our butts kicked again by these two ladies with GPP Fitness! We loved these workouts just what we love to do!ย  Got a good sweaty session done in our raw threads shirts.

last day workout

Took more post-workout photos with our friends. It was great to work out with them!

us with lindsaylist

Us with Lindsay!

sunday breakfast

Sunday’s breakfast was sponsored by Chobani. And wow! They had a huge selection of food to pick from smoothies, to pancakes, to fresh fruit, of course chobani yogurt, and the highlight was definitely the omelette stations.

And thanks to Christa for always providing us with avocados to eat with our breakfast!

sunday breakfast bloggers

After breakfast it was time to start saying goodbyes to our friends. It was a pleasure getting to know Sara, Heather, Laura, Christa and Bonnie.

more blog friends

Said our goodbyes to more blogging friends – Sarena, Brittany, Lauren, and Janetha.

goodbye pics

Then it was time for the closing ceremony and more goodbyes to new friends (Heather, Lauren, Lindsay, and Laura)

last day walking around

A few of us walked around downtown Park City before heading to the airport. Goodbye beautiful Park City. We had fun! And wanted again to say a HUGE thank you to Debbie for being our driver!

plane ride foods

Arrived to the airport early so we enjoyed some salmon arugula salad at the airport along with a bloody mary. And enjoyed Vega maca chocolate bar on the plane – delicious! The salmon salad had some garlic in it so the plane ride was not fun. It was a very long plane ride home to say the least. We both were not feeling well from the garlic – so definitely know we can not handle garlic. That is confirmed now.

more plane food

Also snacked on Onnit Hemp force protein bar, lots of Vega savi seeds, and the delicious Healthy Bites!!

jax

Loved waking up to this face this morning!! Home sweet home.

We had a GREAT time at the Blend Retreat!ย  It went by way too fast.ย  Everyone there was so friendly and Park City was gorgeous. But it also feels good to be home!

We had a blast chatting with new blogging friends as well as reconnecting with old friends. We did not get to take a picture or meet everyone there and we apologize. We will have to do better next time. It was a wonderful group of girls at Blend and we are honored to have been able to connect with so many of them!

Twins Question: Do you like going to social events? Are you good about meeting everyone in the room? What was your highlight from the weekend?

till next time,

purelytwins

Alex @ Alex Tries it Out May 20, 2013 - 12:39 pm

So much fun this weekend! It was great meeting you both.

And thanks for sharing where you got your tops – I wanted to ask because I thought that they were adorable, and forgot!

purelytwins May 20, 2013 - 3:38 pm

Great to meet you too Alex!

Heather May 20, 2013 - 12:42 pm

Cannot even begin to tell you how jealous I am! So glad you had fun

Dana May 20, 2013 - 12:42 pm

Wow, these photos make me regret not attending! Blend Retreat looks like a fun time. I am adding it to my bucket list for next year. Looks like you guys made lots of new friends and enjoyed yourselves.

Lindsay May 20, 2013 - 1:01 pm

Looks like such a blast! I’m sad I couldn’t go, but maybe next year?

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance May 20, 2013 - 1:04 pm

Great to meet you ladies this past weekend!! ๐Ÿ™‚

purelytwins May 20, 2013 - 3:37 pm

Great to meet you too Michelle!

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean May 20, 2013 - 1:35 pm

ahhh miss you girls already! great recap! you got some awesome pics!!!

purelytwins May 20, 2013 - 3:38 pm

Miss you too Lindsay

lindsay May 20, 2013 - 1:40 pm

oh i am homesick for my twins! Thank you both for your friendship. It’s amazing how we just pick up right where we left off. You two mean the world to me, i mean that. Love YOU!

purelytwins May 20, 2013 - 3:38 pm

same here girl!

Carly @ Snack Therapy May 20, 2013 - 1:58 pm

Great recap! I don’t know how I’m going to include all of the fun and excitement in mine- there’s just so much to talk about :). Bummed we didn’t get to chat more… I think next year’s Blend should be a week long ;).

purelytwins May 20, 2013 - 3:39 pm

Carly next time we will chat more ๐Ÿ˜‰

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast May 20, 2013 - 2:04 pm

Wow! What a beautiful recap and thorough recap with so many gorgeous pictures! So, so good to meet you both. Can’t wait to do it again! xoxo

purelytwins May 20, 2013 - 3:39 pm

So nice to meet you Laura

Mandie Marie @ The Fruitful Turtle May 20, 2013 - 2:23 pm

Love all the pictures! It looked like you girls had so much fun! I’m very shy, but slowly trying to change that :). Going to social events used to be something I did not like, however as I’m getting older I realized there are alot of interesting people with fascinating stories or advice. Also I love talking to people about anything nutrition related ;).

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table May 20, 2013 - 2:47 pm

What a great recap of the weekend! I was blown away by everything – and sooooo happy to have (finally) gotten to meet you both. You are even more amazing in person… and I didn’t think that was possible. ๐Ÿ™‚

purelytwins May 20, 2013 - 3:39 pm

you are amazing too!

Lindsay's List May 20, 2013 - 2:49 pm

i love this recap!! and i miss you guys already! come hike this summer!

purelytwins May 20, 2013 - 3:40 pm

miss you more!

Sara @ fitcupcaker May 20, 2013 - 2:59 pm

I had a blast meeting everyone! Great recap! You got lots of good pics!

Annette@FitnessPerks May 20, 2013 - 3:01 pm

It was FANTASTIC meeting you adorable pint-sized fit ladies!! You guys rock. LOVE all the pictures! I am sad we didn’t get one, but once again, I am uber bad with taking photos. Gotta work on that <3

Hope you had safe travels home!!

purelytwins May 20, 2013 - 3:40 pm

great to meet you too! next time we will get a pic!

Laury May 20, 2013 - 3:34 pm

Aww how fun!!!!! You girls look awesome…I am so glad you got to meet so many wonderful friends. It makes me miss blogging and interacting wih everyone regularly. Having children makes things very difficult in that respect, at least for me!

Hopefully some day we can meet!

PS–where did you get your dresses? I love them!

purelytwins May 20, 2013 - 3:41 pm

Laury we got them at Target ๐Ÿ˜‰

Christine @ Love, Life, Surf May 20, 2013 - 4:01 pm

Love your recap and all your pictures! It was a wonderful weekend but it went by too quickly! I too realized on Sunday morning that there were so many people that I still didn’t get a chance to speak with and get to know. Sorry we didn’t get a chance to chat. Just means we’ll have to go back next year, right?

purelytwins May 20, 2013 - 5:57 pm

Christine absolutely!

Tiffani May 20, 2013 - 6:54 pm

I really wanted to go to blend this year. It was doable, seeing as it was only a handful of miles away from my house. Sadly, I didn’t end up going. I really am kicking myself for not! It looks like soooo much fun!

I feel like I am awkward in social settings when I don’t really know anyone, but a little wine would loosen me up ๐Ÿ˜‰

Julie May 20, 2013 - 6:56 pm

You ladies got some of the best pictures! Had so much fun and can’t wait to go back!

Abby @ BackAtSquareZero May 20, 2013 - 7:59 pm

I have never been to any type of blogger conference or meet up and BLend looks amazing. I kept seeing IG pictures all weekend and it looked like so much fun and an amazing chance to really get to know other bloggers better.

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 20, 2013 - 8:32 pm

It was so nice to meet you ladies, even if we didn’t get to spend too much time chatting! ๐Ÿ™‚

purelytwins May 21, 2013 - 9:56 am

Katie nice to meet you too! look forward in seeing you again

Ashley @ Freckles & Spice May 20, 2013 - 9:49 pm

I was beyond thrilled to meet you two. I miss you already! I may be emailing soon with some recipe/food questions – just a warning.

purelytwins May 21, 2013 - 9:56 am

It was nice to meet you too Ashley.

Melissa C May 20, 2013 - 10:08 pm

Great recap ladies! It looks like you had an amazing time! I really wished I could have attended this year, maybe next year! Even though I am not a blogger, I feel like I know you both as I read your blog religiously!

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! May 20, 2013 - 10:26 pm

Awesome recap! I was so bummed that I couldn’t go this year – after I vowed last year that I would be there. It’s posts like these that really make me want to go to these events! I have only met a few “blends”, but they are all fantastic people.

Maureen May 20, 2013 - 10:41 pm

It sounds like everyone who went had a GREAT time! ๐Ÿ™‚

Linz @ Itz Linz May 20, 2013 - 10:43 pm

so glad i got to meet you girly girls even if it was briefly!! xoxo

purelytwins May 21, 2013 - 9:57 am

Linz same here! look forward till next time to chatting more

Lindsey @ OneMotherofaDay May 21, 2013 - 10:51 am

Hi! I found your blog through The Lean Green Bean’s blog. From reading everyone’s Blend retreat recaps makes me want to go next year!

Christa @ Edible Balance May 21, 2013 - 2:04 pm

I love this recap! My heart is so full after such an incredible weekend. always happy to supply the avocado! Miss you girls <3

purelytwins May 21, 2013 - 7:22 pm

xoxoxo

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige May 21, 2013 - 3:33 pm

Such a fun weekend! I’m going through Blend withdraw! haha
So great to meet and hang out with you two.

purelytwins May 21, 2013 - 7:22 pm

we are going through withdraw as well, we want to go back!!! miss you

Heather @ Better With Veggies May 21, 2013 - 4:14 pm

it’s always so hard to meet everyone at Blend and looking back at the photos there were so many people I missed! It’s hard when there are so many amazing ladies there (like you two!!). ๐Ÿ™‚

purelytwins May 21, 2013 - 7:23 pm

glad we are not the only ones that missed speaking with people – guess that means we need to go back ๐Ÿ˜‰
so many amazing people!!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning May 22, 2013 - 7:10 pm

This is the best recap ever! You two were SO GOOD at taking photos of PEOPLE- something I definitely did not do enough of! I am so glad that I finally met you both, and wish we had more time together- but that’s what next year’s for, right?
I LOVE the Raw Threads tops- and they look so great on both of you! Also- didn’t you provide some kind of delicious treat for the swag bags last year? I seem to think that you did….

purelytwins May 22, 2013 - 7:49 pm

we did but this year we did not add any treats ๐Ÿ˜‰
and yes next year we will chat more!!

Kate May 22, 2013 - 11:03 pm

Lori, ur white shrug is really cute… Where did u buy it? I’ve been looking for on one. I got a black one at kohl’s yrs ago and haven’t been able to find one since

Glad u had fun!

purelytwins May 23, 2013 - 9:13 am

I think I got it from Target or somewhere years ago.

MegG May 24, 2013 - 10:18 am

Wonderful recap, it was such a great weekend and there was so much great food! Love all your photos, you really captured it all!

jay June 14, 2013 - 11:25 pm

Did you not bring a second pair of shoes for mud hikes? Haha

The Skin I'm In ~ What I Ate @BlendRetreat 2013 - Edible Balance June 16, 2014 - 9:05 am

[…] 2 the Table Purely Twins Cotter Crunch Lindsay’s List Diary of a Semi-Health Nut It’s All About Me Fitness The […]

{MIMM #3} Blend 2013 Edition! - Edible Balance June 25, 2014 - 11:30 am

[…] of my roomies, the beautiful Lori and Michelle. I was so happy to finally meet and spend time with these girls, I miss them […]

Altitude Running - Why itโ€™s different and what to do - RunToTheFinish July 1, 2015 - 11:21 am

[…] Love, Life, SurfA Dash of MegCotter Crunch Hungry Mother Runner Eat Move BalanceTalk Less Say More Purely TwinsCooking For the Other Half –TinyNFit Edible Balance The Lean Green BeanItz Linz Mommy Run […]