pancake kind of weekend

Hello luvs!!

How was everyone’s weekend? Have a good Mother’s Day?

We had a wonderful weekend. Having beautiful weather always helps too 🙂

purelyfitness-logo

zwow fitness

Saturday we did a #zwow.  It has been awhile since we have done one and boy did it kick our butts.

sat workout

Zuzana zwow #68.

A 12 minute burner. Plus did push-ups and headstands for #whatsbeautiful challenge.

whats beautiful challenge

Sunday was yoga with more headstand and push-ups.

tara yoga

How is our Purely Fit Team doing? Are you doing something to reach your goal every day?

cuteline3-01

eats-logo

Lori highlights Saturday:

saturday eats

Enjoyed perfect fit protein pancakes for breakfast topped with blueberries and banana slices. Later I enjoyed some rice with canned salmon, avocado, carrots, sauteed greens, apple cider vinegar, dulse flakes and coconut oil. Dinner was cod with avocado, spinach, mushrooms and some zucchini with coconut oil.

saturday highlights

Had off leash dog training group lesson Saturday morning. Jax did well at the lesson!  Later that evening we took Jax to a dog bar in the NODA area here in Charlotte. It was our first time going there and it was fun. Interesting, but fun. Jax had a great time.

Michelle’s Saturday eats:

sat eats

Enjoyed banana protein pancakes – 3 whole eggs mixed with 1 packet perfect fit and 1 whole banana. Cooked in a little coconut oil. Then topped with another whole banana and 1 tbsp coconut oil and cinnamon!

A great way to start my day 🙂

Looked like salmon was on my mind as both lunch and dinner featured it! Lunch was salmon mixed with cooked spinach and mushrooms with coconut oil and avocado on top of some white rice.  Dinner  was simply salmon with more mushrooms, spinach, avocado and coconut oil.  I also added in more fat by drizzling on some tahini!! I really love the flavor of tahini with my savory meals.

Lori’s Sunday:

jax sleeping in bed

Jax sleeping in his bed as I get breakfast going.

sunday eats

Started my morning with plantain pancakes. Did 3 whole eggs with 1 ripe plantain with some ghee. Delicious. Still obsessed with plantains! Made some homemade coconut milk for a homemade shampoo I am trying out. Lunch was leftover cod, with canned salmon, mushrooms, spinach, coconut oil and avocado. Had a few drinks with friends late afternoon to enjoy the day. Dinner was tuna with avocado and parsnips with coconut oil and sea salt.

vizslas playing

Jax had a vizlsa play date. Jax and Braxton played for about 1 1/2 hours. Vizslas can run for hours.  I love seeing Jax play with other vizslas. Now if only Jax could play fetch like Braxton did.

jax resting at restaurant

The restaurant, Hickory Tavern, we went to yesterday was dog friendly. So Jax was able to sit with us to enjoy the beautiful day!  Loved being able to bring Jax with us!

Michelle’s Sunday eats:

sun eats

Breakfast featured PLANTAIN pancakes again. Topped my pancakes with ghee.

Lunch was carrots, lettuce greens, salmon, avocado, dulse flakes, white rice and coconut oil.

Snacked on tahini and carrots. Getting low on my tahini, yikes! 😉

apple cider

Dinner was a very boring meal, but just what I needed after enjoying a few bloody mary’s and ciders with friends.  Baked mahi mahi with avocado, parsnips fries and coconut oil.

Here is what we did this time for our plantain pancakes. As the other day we did a little different recipe.

thin plantain pancakes

Blended one whole plantain with 3 eggs and 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil.

Cooked up on oiled skillet pan. Topped the plantains with ghee!

Michelle made 6 thin pancakes as Lori got 3 big ones.

Perfect breakfast both mornings. Guess we were craving pancakes!!  There is just something about pancakes that can always bring a smile to our faces. In our family Michelle is known as the pancake queen, as that is what she always wanted as a child.

We are still letting our bodies tell us what carb source it prefers…taking one meal at a time. Listening to what our bodies crave. So far it seems as if our bodies are liking a moderate about of carbs mixed with fats and protein. We are going to experiment a little longer before we share more on exactly what we are doing in terms of macros and such. Thanks for your patience. We are trying not to worry about what other people say or think we should or should not be eating. We are staying purely us. And we hope you are listening to your bodies #bepurelyyou

Remember to love yourself. And remember to smile today 🙂  It will help brighten your day as well as someone else.

Twins question: Do you like pancakes? What is your favorite pancake? What did you like eating growing up?

How as your weekend?

til next time,

purelytwins

Bonnie May 13, 2013 - 11:27 am

Morning, girls! Great workouts and fun recap post! I just made these pancakes for myself on a day where I go into work late but added spinach and cinnamon (and a splash of almond milk in the blender) – LOVED them! Topped with some almond butter and blueberries and I am a happy woman. Thanks for helping me start my week off right! 😀

purelytwins May 13, 2013 - 1:22 pm

🙂 hugs Bonnie
and your pancakes sound yummy!!

GiGi Eats Celebrities May 13, 2013 - 12:17 pm

I am seriously in love with all o the recipes you two create 🙂 I remember eating DISGUSTINGLY UNHEALTHY yet absolutely delicious Bisquick pancakes at my friend’s houses the morning after sleepovers! Always one of the best parts of the sleep over (because my mom never allowed unhealthy food in the house)… Oh the memories! 😉

purelytwins May 13, 2013 - 1:23 pm

Bisquick a classic 😉

Miz May 13, 2013 - 12:20 pm

I laugh growing up I LIVED on chocolate chip pancakes BISQUICK-style.
Id not have believed you if youd told me Id love protein pancakes later in life.

purelytwins May 13, 2013 - 1:22 pm

oh yes Bisquick was used in our household as well!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table May 13, 2013 - 12:30 pm

I post pancakes today too! Love the 2 ingredient ‘cakes. I do one with sweet potato in place of the banana. As a kid I LOVED chocolate chip pancakes… with enough syrup to make you sick. 🙂

purelytwins May 13, 2013 - 1:23 pm

chocolate chip pancakes were a favorite too 🙂 and yes more syrup the better!

zosia May 13, 2013 - 1:26 pm

i love that…”we are staying purely us” and that’s all you SHOULD be doing!

is fit protien chalky-tasting?

do you think plaintain pancakes could be made egg-free using psyllium husk powder + water as the binder?

thanks 🙂

purelytwins May 13, 2013 - 4:03 pm

we do not find perfect fit to be that chalky, we feel it has a smooth sweet taste to it.
you could try the plantain pancakes using some psyllium husk, and maybe some yogurt or something.

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats May 13, 2013 - 1:48 pm

Oh I love that cider! And I’d have to say blueberry pancakes are my favorite! My dad used to make us pancakes every Sunday morning when I was growing up!

purelytwins May 13, 2013 - 4:04 pm

so cute that your dad did that!! yay for cider love 🙂

Pavement Runner May 13, 2013 - 1:53 pm

The pups are cute… i love when they get tired and go lay somewhere. I imagine they are thinking “this is way too much fun, but give me a minute while my tongue hangs out of my mouth for awhile.”

Workout looks intense, in a good way and the food always looks amazing.

Shhh. I’m more of a waffle person.

purelytwins May 13, 2013 - 4:04 pm

haha waffles are good too 😉

Christa @ Edible Balance May 13, 2013 - 3:47 pm

Mmmm, I love blueberry pancakes! Yours look super delicious too… I need to figure out a way to make some with all my food restrictions. I desperately need variety in my meals!

I LOVE this #bepurelyyou. You can only listen to others or read all that you want for so long before you go crazy. Our bodies are so complex, one is not like the other. You girls are prime example of that, even as twins! We can take ideas and advice and use them, but you really have to listen. It takes so much practice, I’m still learning!

purelytwins May 13, 2013 - 4:06 pm

HUGS!! we are still learning too 🙂
can’t wait to meet you in a few days!!

Anna @ Your Healthy Place May 13, 2013 - 6:35 pm

Ooh yeah I’ve been enjoying my protein flax pancakes a ton lately! So filling and having pancakes feels so indulgent and delicious :).

Ruby May 14, 2013 - 12:19 am

I just wanted to say that I absolutely ADORE your website! I’m 20 years old and from Australia and I’m so glad I stumbled upon your blog because now it’s a part of my morning ritual to read your latest post with a green smoothie & get inspiration for what to eat for dinner! You’ve also inspired me to try plantains!

purelytwins May 14, 2013 - 7:53 am

thank you Ruby!! we are so happy you found our blog as well 🙂 yes give them a try!!

Brooke May 14, 2013 - 12:16 pm

There is nothing better than being purely you! You have to do what is best for you and what helps you feel your best and live your best life! Love that you two are so honest in working through your struggles. You inspire so many, including me 😉

purelytwins May 14, 2013 - 2:43 pm

She Rocks Fitness May 25, 2013 - 12:17 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE pancakes and like the simplicity of this recipe and the fact that I have 3 plantains in my kitchen bowl. Will try it out tomorrow morning topped with NuttZo. Hopefully I’ll remember to take a picture. I eat a lot of protein pancakes during the week. They are definitely my favorite breakfast, so easy to make, and offer so many varieties. Have a beautiful weekend! XOXO

tina May 26, 2013 - 7:37 pm

Hi,
Plantain is an awesome food for babies and adults alike. You can buy plantain powder or flour now in Indian stores. We used to make baby food with it but I think you can use it for the pancakes as well. Great recipe 🙂

Amy June 11, 2013 - 7:20 pm

I just made your plantain pancakes and they turned out so gross. I don’t know what I could have done wrong. I could not stomach them. Do you want the plantain to not be ripe? Honestly, they were unpalatable.

purelytwins June 11, 2013 - 8:42 pm

sorry to hear this, well the ripeness of the plantain varies and the likeness of the level of ripeness also varies person to person, some people like the green ones and others like the more ripe ones. not sure why your did not come out, sorry.

Amy June 11, 2013 - 11:21 pm

Yeah, I think you are right. I’m pretty sure my plantain was too ripe.