now that’s a huge breakfast

purelyfitness-logo

8 min plank

Lori: Yesterday Michelle and I decided to do our 8 minute #plankworkout routine.

Remember small changes can create BIG results! Even the little things in life can add up to something great! So don’t give up!

plank workout michelle

Michelle: Working on getting my abs back. Love doing planks. They let me focus on strengthening my core. Just like Lori mentioned, small movements add up!  Are you doing your planks?

cuteline3-01

eats-logo

Lori’s day:

eggs with raspberries

Started my day with raspberries and eggs. This time I added in a handful of greens. Topped with coconut oil.  Really like this flavor combo!

scallops lunch

Lunch was some white rice with zucchini, fennel, scallops, sauerkraut, dulse flakes, hemp seeds and coconut oil.  Delicious. It has been a long time since I have had scallops. I got these frozen from Trader Joes. I was really impressed with the quality of them!

egg carob pancake

Late afternoon I got a little hungry so I decided to make a simple carob egg pancake with coconut oil. I flipped the pancake too soon and it broke on me. Oh well, it was still yummy.

grassfed burger avocado dinner

Dinner was handful of mixed greens, red pepper, parsnips, half avocado, grass-fed burger (from US wellness meats), black lava sea salt and coconut oil.

baked chia seed thinmint

Dessert was a baked chia seed thin mint cake topped with coconut oil.

I enjoyed a casual Friday with my two men and watched a movie. My skin is doing well. No major improvements yet, but overall I feel it is starting to get better. The inflammation of my pimples seems to be slowly dying down. I have been putting my manuka honey on my pimples at night which seems to be helping. I forgot how much I love that honey.

Michelle’s day:

m breakfast

Since I am working at an expo all day it is really hard to take breaks to eat. By doing so many expos in the past I have realized that I need to try to eat a bigger breakfast to help hold me for hours. So yesterday that is what I did.

I had a HUGE breakfast. A little bit of everything that I was craving and it kept me full for hours! It was some eggs, half avocado, raspberries, figs, coconut oil and some spinach. And I felt fine eating such a big meal too.  This breakfast was probably about 600-700 calories and worth every bite! Now that’s breakfast 🙂  I was so happy to see figs too! My fav!

expo

Our raw threads team had a good day yesterday at the expo.

bananaLate afternoon I snacked on a banana.

carrots

Also snacked on some baby carrots and more raw cookies.

sushi dinner

The expo ended around 7pm. Once our team cleaned and restocked the booth we decided to have dinner out. We went to a sushi place. I got some mackerel sashimi and ordered one roll. Love my sushi!

dark chocolate

Got home pretty late and I was tired. But I had an urge for some chocolate. Luckily I packed some dark chocolate bars for those random chocolate cravings. Love my dark chocolate.

Overall I had a great day, no stomach issues. Which I was surprised by since my breakfast was a very complicated meal. But my body did really well… a great improvement for me. I am very happy about that! I know I will still have tummy troubles from time to time, but I am getting to understand my body a little bit better.  Again small changes = results.

Twin question: Dark chocolate fan? What is your favorite chocolate bar company? Anyone else seeing figs yet in their local area?  We can’t wait for fig season as they are our favorite.

And so many of you brought up such great points about why health and food are such hot topics. We agree with you all!

til next time,

purelytwins

amanda j May 4, 2013 - 12:24 pm

ohhh, my fave chocolate bars are the lindt 85% dark (soooo good and no soy lecithin!) and the endangered animal bars with the cute animals on the packages – these are, hands down, some of my fave chocolate bars. sooo delish and always really great ingredients. and man alive, your breakfast looks AHHHHMAZING!!!! I love mixing fruit with savory at breakfast, so good. have a great time at the expo!

purelytwins May 4, 2013 - 12:25 pm

Amanda Lindt is our all time favorite as well!! thanks girl!

Candice May 4, 2013 - 1:06 pm

I love to see fit girls who eat! Boo to obsession over calories and yay to listening to your body and feeding it the good, healthy foods it craves!

purelytwins May 4, 2013 - 4:26 pm

xoxo 🙂

Courtney May 4, 2013 - 3:36 pm

Yummy! I think I eat about a 700 calorie breakfast every day. I don’t even care anymore. I used to stress about it, but now I just eat what I crave. I haven’t gained any weight because of it either. I went back to three meals a day instead of five, and I think my body likes it much better. I noticed that I was gaining weight when I ate five smaller meals. A big breakfast definitely helps me hold out until lunch.

Keep the hot topics coming, ladies! Even though everyone’s journey is different, I think we’re all discovering something new about food and our bodies daily. I know I sure love to read what other people are discovering, so I can’t wait to read about yours over the coming weeks.

purelytwins May 4, 2013 - 4:28 pm

thanks Courtney!!! we are liking three big meals too we think 😉 we are going to keep playing around and yes to no more counting, we feel great when we eat what we crave 🙂

Emily May 4, 2013 - 9:46 pm

Wow. All of the food you posted looks amazing and healthy! Thanks for posting some great ideas for me later on this week!

Jojo May 4, 2013 - 10:45 pm

Those figs look beautiful. I love them but haven’t seen them around, lately. I only get them when they’re on sale, too, so I rarely get fresh figs ):

I’m a fan of dark chocolate, and I really like the ultra dark 99% cocoa from Lindt.

Christa @ Edible Balance May 4, 2013 - 11:00 pm

Your meals just keep looking better! Today I craved a big breakfast too, although it was more like brunch… I think I was too hungry as it didn’t sit well with me, but everything is a learning process right? Once I was able to get a green juice all was right with the world, haha.
My absolute favorite chocolate right now is World Market’s chipotle chili dark chocolate… I have to stock up when I visit the US, which means I better get some before vacation is over! Green and Blacks is great too, and there’s a fabulous raw chocolate in Canada, Giddy YoYo. Their ginger one is amazing!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail May 5, 2013 - 2:45 pm

Glad your stomach was kind to you on a busy day! Planks and the variations with them are so effective! I’m not doing many variations these days because a plank alone is getting challenging with this extra weight!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table May 6, 2013 - 2:23 pm

I went immmediately to the figs in that pic! None here yet, but I’m looking forward to them!

Dark chocolate is the only way to go. 🙂