sparks: beauty

sparked-interest-01

From us:

roses

Enjoying beautiful yellow roses.

chocolate chip cream cake

Look at this beauty – Chocolate chip chocolate cream cake.

family recipe pound cakeBeauty in making our first pound cake (family recipe)

gluten-free pound cake

Finding the beauty in our first attempt in making a gluten-free pound cake.

big flowers

Seeing beautiful flowers all around the house just makes you smile.

flowers-yellow

Breathtaking.

cupcakes

Beauty in making our low-sugar protein cupcakes with chocolate avocado frosting (recipe from our cookbook) to celebrate an early birthday celebration with the whole family.

From around the internet world:

yoga poses to detox from shape  —> love Heidi

have you seen this new shoes yet?   —> look interesting

happy 4 year blogging anniversary to our friend Janetha

we are sure you have seen this already around the internet but we thought it was so inspiring and moving that we wanted to share it here

Seriously such a powerful message that we can all learn from.  As I (lori) am going through another really bad acne flare-up both on face and on back, so trying to really see my beauty underneath all the pimples is challenging. But something I am working on daily.  As I know I am my own worst self-critic.  (and thank you all so much for the sweet words off my instagram pic/quote the other day, you guys have no idea how much that helped me get through the day, so thank you from the bottom of my heart).

And sorry for being MIA yesterday as we mentioned it was our grandmother’s funeral. So we spent the whole day being with family. Today we are getting back on track with work and getting ready for another busy week.

dont,give,up,quote,color,life-edea42c10a8458b9ffdc60a9ed611ad1_h

Remember to always see the beauty in life. Sometimes life does not make it clear. But you just have to look deeper to discover the beauty all around you.

Twins Question: What beauty sparked your interest this week? How do you find beauty within yourself?

Cammie April 21, 2013 - 8:17 pm

I want to reach through the computer and give you two a hug today! I’m so sorry to hear about your grandmother, I’m sure she’s incredibly proud of how inspiring you two are to so many people. Acne sucks, there is no sugar coating that, but your positivity will get you through this tough time. I can relate all too well and I’m sending the positive vibes tonight. Be strong-your break will come soon!!!

purelytwins April 22, 2013 - 8:02 am

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table April 22, 2013 - 8:14 am

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you guys have a great time celebrating, and drag it out as long as possible. I plan to do that on my 20th in a couple months. LOL!

After the drunk girl incident at Jillian Michaels last night, I’m finding beauty in having come so far (read: past public intoxication – haha!) on my journey. 🙂

Christa @ Edible Balance April 22, 2013 - 3:17 pm

Ok, I really need to get your cookbook! That frosting looks delicious!

So happy you were able to spend quality time with family to remember a beautiful life. Hold on to moments like that, those are the things to keep you going and will help you find the beauty in the little things. Thinking of you both!

Wendy April 23, 2013 - 6:29 pm

As also an identical twin, 4 decades older than you two are, I appreciate your togetherness and beautiful energies. Thank you so much for sharing your lives with others.

I don’t know if you have tried zinc for acne. Taken internally, it helps in a day or two. Never take it on an empty stomach. You can also put it on your skin – try mixing it in a clay mask or using it overnight on blemishes. Witch hazel with really good lavendar oil may help, too. Even a little sunshine on your skin may help.

Blessings to you and your family for the loss of your dearly loved grandma. She was blessed with your love as she blessed you.

purelytwins April 23, 2013 - 6:34 pm