stay positive

purelyfitness-logo

workout

Yesterday we did our 8 minute #plankworkout followed by a 10 minute walk outside.

We kept the workout short and sweet as we had a busy day, but we try to squeeze in a little movement when we can!

As we mentioned yesterday we are going through a rut, so to speak, but we are STAYING POSITIVE!

source

eats-logo

Recap of yesterday:

green juice

Started the day with a green juice (carrots, apple, romaine, kale, cucumber)

eggs

Later we enjoyed some eggs mixed with some greens and coconut oil. Along with some coffee.

Then we had some errands to run so we got lunch out.

wholefoods lunch

Treated ourselves to wholefoods for lunch 🙂

sugar cookies

Came back and made some desserts for the family and friends to enjoy these next few days.

Made a batch of a family recipe – SUGAR COOKIES!

We grew up on these cookies and it has been awhile since we have had them because they are not gluten-free. But Lori and I made one batch gluten-free so we could have some!! We kept the other parts of the recipe the same so they were filled with raw sugar and butter (we used Kerry Gold butter).

And they were perfect, still tasted like we remember as kids!!! So good!

licking out of the blender

Next we made our chocolate cream cake (we made our low-sugar recipe that is in our cookbook)!!  We always make this dessert as ANYONE and EVERYONE loves it. Plus our mom has been requesting it.

carrots and tahini

Snacked on carrots and tahini…yep straight from the can. We know –> very classy, haha

fish dinner

Dinner was wonderful. We had grilled halibut, scallops, carrots, and yellow squash with a side of sauerkraut and avocado.  Grilled carrots are delicious, anyone ever have carrots grilled?

Dessert was sugar cookies while we watched old family videos. We are very lucky that our dad loved filming our childhood, so we have a lot of old memories that we get to re-live over and over.

source

Twins Question: Do you like grilled foods? Do you have old family movies that you watch over and over? Do you have any family recipes that you make often?

we will be back later with our protein cupcake recipe!

Lisa April 19, 2013 - 12:00 pm

Love the message to fight through the negativity and stay positive in every situation! It’s such a mind trick, but it’s up to us if we want to live with love or with hate and negativity.
Per usual, the eats look fantastic! I’ve been loving your workouts too, can’t wait to try one out soon.
I adore grilled foods, can’t wait for the nice weather to come around for more outdoor grilling with friends and family.
Have a beautiful Friday loves!

Melissa @TryingtoHeal April 19, 2013 - 12:20 pm

Great job staying positive ladies! And the grilled food looks great! I love grilling mushrooms!

Christa @ Edible Balance April 19, 2013 - 1:45 pm

Those sugar cookies look delicious and I love you straight from the tahini can snack, my hubby and I are nut/seed butter snackers from teh jar too 😉

Lori, I swear you and I go through the same things at the exact same time. We are mirrors of each other! I had the best facial I’ve ever had last weekend, my face was seriously glowing. I had a great few days after that and then before I knew it, more acne atarted to surface again. I loved the quote you posted, ‘The harder the knocks you go through in life, the more you learn and put them to use in the future.’ When we are able to look back on this part of our lives, we’ll see all the hard work that has paid off. I know how tough it is to remember that, believe me. Stay strong my friend! xoxo

purelytwins April 19, 2013 - 9:54 pm

Hugs Christa!!!

janetha April 19, 2013 - 2:52 pm

Mmmm.. now I want WF lunch! Too bad I just have leftovers. Have a beautiful weekend! xoxoxo

Meg @ A Dash of Meg April 21, 2013 - 10:04 pm

such a fun post sisters!!!!!! I LOVED HEARING ALL OF THIS! Sorry you’re experiencing a rut, but I’m praying that will be over soon enough for you <3 just keep being positive and you'll get back to normal 😀 <3 I hope my prayers help, too 🙂

I love the carrot and tahini combo! I'll need to try that 🙂 I really want to try having more tahini in my life 🙂

I also am drooling over your WF's lunch! I went to WF for the first time last summer at HLS in Boston and I thought I was in heaven!!

Deanna @healthyleanfit April 24, 2013 - 7:49 am

Tahini…..YUM!! One thing I miss a lot! Makes me drool!